2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #646
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Isn't Trump's approval among women something like 11%?

Would be pretty sweet if the gals gave the presidency to Hillary. And I don't even like her much.

Everyone can laugh at him and his ridiculousness. We laughed at Rob Ford too...
__________________

__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 08-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,219
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post


No. It's supporting someone else being an asshole. Subtle but key difference.
I was actually asking PhilsFan, because this statement sure makes it sound like that's what he said, subtle key differences aside:

Quote:
It does just add another piece of evidence to the idea that the GOP base is a bunch of assholes, though. Because supporting Trump is purely supporting being an asshole and nothing else.
Yes, there are people who support him who are assholes, and there are people in the GOP base who are assholes. This much we know. However i can totally see why people are supporting Trump without painting them all with the broad brush of being an asshole.

I happen to find him entertaining and i support Hillary. I think Trump is probably the only person on the GOP side who could beat her.

I also agree with a previous statement regarding Hillary:

Quote:
If Vice President Biden jumps in, that's your tell.
I meant to post this yesterday, but yeah, as long as Joe stays out the situation is not dire.

Perhaps one of the our guys with a Trump avatar can tell us what is so damaging about what Hillary did or supposedly did? Not trying to be funny i just want to hear them out, thats all.
__________________

__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #648
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:37 PM
A Serious Immigration Debate, Thanks to Donald Trump - The New Yorker



His numbers will be going up.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #649
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:37 PM
CNN/ORC Poll: Trump now competitive in general election - CNNPolitics.com


Everybody is discounting this guy
He is trending up, Hillary is trending down.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #650
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 07:37 PM
The election is over 13 months away.

IT'S NOT OVER. IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #651
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Perhaps one of the our guys with a Trump avatar can tell us what is so damaging about what Hillary did or supposedly did? Not trying to be funny i just want to hear them out, thats all.
- State Department Regulations required Hillary to turn over all official correspondence before leaving office. She did not do this. Only after 2 years her attorneys negotiated with state to release some handpicked emails.

- Her emails contained classified information. The IG found 4 classified emails in a small sample of 40 emails. Hillary continues to maintain that none of the material was classified at the time it was sent or received, but that claim is directly at odds with the statement released by the State Dept. and IC Inspectors General. She received classified email on her private server, conduct also in violation of 18 USC 1924, which makes it a crime to have classified information at an “unauthorized location.” Government officials are required to keep their correspondence on the appropriate government server so the material can be classified before it is mistakenly sent to an “unauthorized location.”

- Similar cases: General Patreus was sentenced to a $100,000 fine and two-years probation for showing hand-written notes containing classified information to his mistress Paula Broadwell. In a similar situation a sailor who kept cell-phone photos taken on a nuclear submarine is facing 30 years in jail for taking the photos and for trying to destroy the evidence after he learned he was being investigated.

- As Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler points out, no previous Secretary of State had a private email server running in their home from which they sent and received all of their correspondence while in office. Only one previous Secretary, Colin Powell, admitted to sending any email from a personal account.

- She tries to pass this off a right-wing witch hunt when it is not. The FBI is an independent wing of the Justice Department and they have initiated the investigation the servers and the emails. Bottom line is she should have known her own personal server was not a place for classified information and was in violation of the law.
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #652
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,219
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
- State Department Regulations required Hillary to turn over all official correspondence before leaving office. She did not do this. Only after 2 years her attorneys negotiated with state to release some handpicked emails.

- Her emails contained classified information. The IG found 4 classified emails in a small sample of 40 emails. Hillary continues to maintain that none of the material was classified at the time it was sent or received, but that claim is directly at odds with the statement released by the State Dept. and IC Inspectors General. She received classified email on her private server, conduct also in violation of 18 USC 1924, which makes it a crime to have classified information at an “unauthorized location.” Government officials are required to keep their correspondence on the appropriate government server so the material can be classified before it is mistakenly sent to an “unauthorized location.”

- Similar cases: General Patreus was sentenced to a $100,000 fine and two-years probation for showing hand-written notes containing classified information to his mistress Paula Broadwell. In a similar situation a sailor who kept cell-phone photos taken on a nuclear submarine is facing 30 years in jail for taking the photos and for trying to destroy the evidence after he learned he was being investigated.

- As Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler points out, no previous Secretary of State had a private email server running in their home from which they sent and received all of their correspondence while in office. Only one previous Secretary, Colin Powell, admitted to sending any email from a personal account.

- She tries to pass this off a right-wing witch hunt when it is not. The FBI is an independent wing of the Justice Department and they have initiated the investigation the servers and the emails. Bottom line is she should have known her own personal server was not a place for classified information and was in violation of the law.
Thanks for the cliff notes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #653
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
CNN/ORC Poll: Trump now competitive in general election - CNNPolitics.com


Everybody is discounting this guy
He is trending up, Hillary is trending down.
It seems the prevailing logic in DC has been that to capture the Hispanic vote you have to be for Amnesty. Now there are Hispanics in favor of Trump's position because those who have been here legally and are citizens are losing job opportunities to undocumented workers.
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #654
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Thanks for the cliff notes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.
It's coming out so fast and furious I don't even know where it takes us. The rules for handling of classified info is a whole new subject that hasn't seen the public light of day. In the wake of International Government Hacking cases, Snowden, Manning, I don't know what to make of it all except that our encryption teams better be working overtime.
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #655
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I was actually asking PhilsFan, because this statement sure makes it sound like that's what he said, subtle key differences aside:
Peef just lost Chase Utley. Trying to shoulder the weight for him is all.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 08-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #656
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,219
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
It's coming out so fast and furious I don't even know where it takes us. The rules for handling of classified info is a whole new subject that hasn't seen the public light of day. In the wake of International Government Hacking cases, Snowden, Manning, I don't know what to make of it all except that our encryption teams better be working overtime.
Yes agreed 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Peef just lost Chase Utley. Trying to shoulder the weight for him is all.
Ouch
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #657
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Now there are Hispanics in favor of Trump's position because those who have been here legally and are citizens are losing job opportunities to undocumented workers.

Now? There have always been those Hispanics, that's not new. But there will also be a big number that's sick of Trump's xenophobic rhetoric, of tossing all Hispanics under the same tent. Those that have family that are struggling to make it here legally. Those that are tired of people like Trump thinking there's only certain types of jobs they're suitable for and somehow are only in competition with the illegal immigrants.

Until your party moves away from Trump's rhetoric, it's not a demographic you'll win over. There is a way to be tough on immigration without being racist and xenophobic; it's baffling that you guys haven't figured it out.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #658
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 07:37 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...not-exist.html

I was so upset about this. I was really hoping Deez Nuts would at least make a dent in the primaries. He was polling between 7-8% in Iowa...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #659
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,039
Local Time: 02:37 PM
Shit. I just came here to post that.

__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 08-20-2015, 12:52 AM   #660
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Got eeeeeemmm

 
The Deez Nuts/Limberbutt McCubbins ticket would be too good to resist.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com