2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #646
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:37 PM
Isn't Trump's approval among women something like 11%?

Would be pretty sweet if the gals gave the presidency to Hillary. And I don't even like her much.

Everyone can laugh at him and his ridiculousness. We laughed at Rob Ford too...

Old 08-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post

No. It's supporting someone else being an asshole. Subtle but key difference.
I was actually asking PhilsFan, because this statement sure makes it sound like that's what he said, subtle key differences aside:

Quote:
It does just add another piece of evidence to the idea that the GOP base is a bunch of assholes, though. Because supporting Trump is purely supporting being an asshole and nothing else.
Yes, there are people who support him who are assholes, and there are people in the GOP base who are assholes. This much we know. However i can totally see why people are supporting Trump without painting them all with the broad brush of being an asshole.

I happen to find him entertaining and i support Hillary. I think Trump is probably the only person on the GOP side who could beat her.

I also agree with a previous statement regarding Hillary:

Quote:
If Vice President Biden jumps in, that's your tell.
I meant to post this yesterday, but yeah, as long as Joe stays out the situation is not dire.

Perhaps one of the our guys with a Trump avatar can tell us what is so damaging about what Hillary did or supposedly did? Not trying to be funny i just want to hear them out, thats all.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #648
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:37 PM
A Serious Immigration Debate, Thanks to Donald Trump - The New Yorker

His numbers will be going up.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #649
Blue Crack Addict

CNN/ORC Poll: Trump now competitive in general election - CNNPolitics.com

Everybody is discounting this guy
He is trending up, Hillary is trending down.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #650
She's the One

The election is over 13 months away.

IT'S NOT OVER. IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #651
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Perhaps one of the our guys with a Trump avatar can tell us what is so damaging about what Hillary did or supposedly did? Not trying to be funny i just want to hear them out, thats all.
- State Department Regulations required Hillary to turn over all official correspondence before leaving office. She did not do this. Only after 2 years her attorneys negotiated with state to release some handpicked emails.

- Her emails contained classified information. The IG found 4 classified emails in a small sample of 40 emails. Hillary continues to maintain that none of the material was classified at the time it was sent or received, but that claim is directly at odds with the statement released by the State Dept. and IC Inspectors General. She received classified email on her private server, conduct also in violation of 18 USC 1924, which makes it a crime to have classified information at an “unauthorized location.” Government officials are required to keep their correspondence on the appropriate government server so the material can be classified before it is mistakenly sent to an “unauthorized location.”

- Similar cases: General Patreus was sentenced to a $100,000 fine and two-years probation for showing hand-written notes containing classified information to his mistress Paula Broadwell. In a similar situation a sailor who kept cell-phone photos taken on a nuclear submarine is facing 30 years in jail for taking the photos and for trying to destroy the evidence after he learned he was being investigated.

- As Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler points out, no previous Secretary of State had a private email server running in their home from which they sent and received all of their correspondence while in office. Only one previous Secretary, Colin Powell, admitted to sending any email from a personal account.

- She tries to pass this off a right-wing witch hunt when it is not. The FBI is an independent wing of the Justice Department and they have initiated the investigation the servers and the emails. Bottom line is she should have known her own personal server was not a place for classified information and was in violation of the law.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #652
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
- State Department Regulations required Hillary to turn over all official correspondence before leaving office. She did not do this. Only after 2 years her attorneys negotiated with state to release some handpicked emails.

- Her emails contained classified information. The IG found 4 classified emails in a small sample of 40 emails. Hillary continues to maintain that none of the material was classified at the time it was sent or received, but that claim is directly at odds with the statement released by the State Dept. and IC Inspectors General. She received classified email on her private server, conduct also in violation of 18 USC 1924, which makes it a crime to have classified information at an “unauthorized location.” Government officials are required to keep their correspondence on the appropriate government server so the material can be classified before it is mistakenly sent to an “unauthorized location.”

- Similar cases: General Patreus was sentenced to a $100,000 fine and two-years probation for showing hand-written notes containing classified information to his mistress Paula Broadwell. In a similar situation a sailor who kept cell-phone photos taken on a nuclear submarine is facing 30 years in jail for taking the photos and for trying to destroy the evidence after he learned he was being investigated.

- As Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler points out, no previous Secretary of State had a private email server running in their home from which they sent and received all of their correspondence while in office. Only one previous Secretary, Colin Powell, admitted to sending any email from a personal account.

- She tries to pass this off a right-wing witch hunt when it is not. The FBI is an independent wing of the Justice Department and they have initiated the investigation the servers and the emails. Bottom line is she should have known her own personal server was not a place for classified information and was in violation of the law.
Thanks for the cliff notes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #653
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
CNN/ORC Poll: Trump now competitive in general election - CNNPolitics.com

Everybody is discounting this guy
He is trending up, Hillary is trending down.
It seems the prevailing logic in DC has been that to capture the Hispanic vote you have to be for Amnesty. Now there are Hispanics in favor of Trump's position because those who have been here legally and are citizens are losing job opportunities to undocumented workers.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #654
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Thanks for the cliff notes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.
It's coming out so fast and furious I don't even know where it takes us. The rules for handling of classified info is a whole new subject that hasn't seen the public light of day. In the wake of International Government Hacking cases, Snowden, Manning, I don't know what to make of it all except that our encryption teams better be working overtime.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #655
The Male

Quote:
I was actually asking PhilsFan, because this statement sure makes it sound like that's what he said, subtle key differences aside:
Peef just lost Chase Utley. Trying to shoulder the weight for him is all.

Now.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #656
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
It's coming out so fast and furious I don't even know where it takes us. The rules for handling of classified info is a whole new subject that hasn't seen the public light of day. In the wake of International Government Hacking cases, Snowden, Manning, I don't know what to make of it all except that our encryption teams better be working overtime.
Yes agreed 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Peef just lost Chase Utley. Trying to shoulder the weight for him is all.
Ouch
Old 08-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #657
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Now there are Hispanics in favor of Trump's position because those who have been here legally and are citizens are losing job opportunities to undocumented workers.

Now? There have always been those Hispanics, that's not new. But there will also be a big number that's sick of Trump's xenophobic rhetoric, of tossing all Hispanics under the same tent. Those that have family that are struggling to make it here legally. Those that are tired of people like Trump thinking there's only certain types of jobs they're suitable for and somehow are only in competition with the illegal immigrants.

Until your party moves away from Trump's rhetoric, it's not a demographic you'll win over. There is a way to be tough on immigration without being racist and xenophobic; it's baffling that you guys haven't figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #658
Refugee

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...not-exist.html

I was so upset about this. I was really hoping Deez Nuts would at least make a dent in the primaries. He was polling between 7-8% in Iowa...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #659
45:33

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Shit. I just came here to post that.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:52 AM   #660
The Male

Got eeeeeemmm

The Deez Nuts/Limberbutt McCubbins ticket would be too good to resist.

Now.