2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was explaining that to somebody at the office yesterday.
The guy is a huge follower of GOP politics. I told him we are out of time, its Sept 2015, then Oct, Nov, not much happens in Dec, first primaries are in Feb, then blow up in March.

what's going to happen in a couple of months different? Trump is doing pretty good in many of the state polls,

also, if he gets the nom, the Dems aren't going to have a cake walk. Not saying can/ will win both. Just saying one can't write him off in this day and age.

Many of you may not remember, but Rush Limbaugh was urging GOP voters to vote in Dem primaries for Obama to give him the nom in 2008 for the easy GOP win in Nov 2008.

I was explaining that to somebody at the office yesterday.
The guy is a huge follower of GOP politics. I told him we are out of time, its Sept 2015, then Oct, Nov, not much happens in Dec, first primaries are in Feb, then blow up in March.

what's going to happen in a couple of months different? Trump is doing pretty good in many of the state polls,

also, if he gets the nom, the Dems aren't going to have a cake walk. Not saying can/ will win both. Just saying one can't write him off in this day and age.

Many of you may not remember, but Rush Limbaugh was urging GOP voters to vote in Dem primaries for Obama to give him the nom in 2008 for the easy GOP win in Nov 2008.

I remember "operation chaos" is what that was called, kind of backfired didn't it? :D

You are correct though anyone who takes Trump lightly could be in for a rude awakening. Hillary should probably beat any of the rest of those guys, assuming she is the nominee, but i think Trump is going to be much more difficult.

I will probably move out of the country if he's elected. Being married, it's not entirely my say, but it's worth a discussion. 4-8 years abroad could be beneficial.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to go to New Zealand...

I can't even laugh at Trump's antics. I've always found the guy utterly insufferable and obnoxious, well before he even ran for president. At least before he joined the presidential race I could generally ignore him, however, because I never watched "Celebrity Apprentice" and bypassed articles about him saying doofy things online, and just brushed him off as some irritating celebrity figure.

Now I don't really have that luxury anymore :|. And the fact that there are people who actually support this guy, the fact that he's leading in the GOP polls (and is polling well in my state-come ON, Iowans, WTF :doh:?) just makes me want to cry and punch my screen. Do. Not. Get. It.

I just keep reminding myself that he's got to eventually overstay his welcome in some form or another. But considering what he's been able to get by with thus far, it'd have to be something pretty huge to get the backlash going. I just hope like hell people will wake up eventually and move on.

tumblr_nrwjwccwyb1r83d7lo1_500.gif

Anyone who thinks Donald Trump cares about anyone or anything other than Donald Trump needs to check their lease head.

Apparently Trump said he would raise taxes on....himself. That doesn't exactly sound very conservative to me. I wonder what conservatives think of this?

Apparently Trump said he would raise taxes on....himself. That doesn't exactly sound very conservative to me. I wonder what conservatives think of this?

My honest guess is that after 15 years of the GOP responsible for nothing but debt and war, they are now open to anything that sounds anti-establishment.

This thread has been kind of stale for the past week so I figure I'll kick start with a question. We can revisit the answers later to see who was Nostradamus of the Election Cycle.

What is your bold prediction about what will unfold in the 2016 Election Cycle? Primaries and beyond. . .

as someone that has been following elections closely for at least 35 years I will say this is unlike any other election cycle.

at this point I will say the most likely GOP nominee is:

1. Trump
2. not Trump
slight edge to no.1

Democratic nominee is:

1. Hillary
2. probably Hillary

1.) My bold prediction is that Hillary will suspend her campaign around Thanksgiving after being dealt a criminal indictment for mishandling classified information. There is enough of a feud between Obama and the Clintons (esp Bill) for Obama to greenlight the DOJ to pursue criminal charges. I think Obama doesn't want his legacy to be handed over Hillary with Bill meddling in the background as First Gentleman. Her negatives will continue to rise, super-delegates will waffle, and polling will show her getting beat by any number of GOP candidates. Reality will set in for her.

2.) At this point Biden will get in the race as the new standard-bearer for the Democratic Establishment but will struggle in his head-to-head race with Sanders.

3.) Rumblings of Draft Warren will pick up steam as a bridge candidate between grassroots and establishment. Team Biden will float a trial balloon through surrogates that he will pick Warren as VP.

4.) Sanders will win the Iowa Caucus.

It seems that Scott Walker is shining a little less brightly (that "wall between us and Canada" story didn't help) as The One Who Actually Has a Shot. (remember when people were talking about that?)

This pleases me.

1.) My bold prediction is that Hillary will suspend her campaign around Thanksgiving after being dealt a criminal indictment for mishandling classified information. There is enough of a feud between Obama and the Clintons (esp Bill) for Obama to greenlight the DOJ to pursue criminal charges. I think Obama doesn't want his legacy to be handed over Hillary with Bill meddling in the background as First Gentleman. Her negatives will continue to rise, super-delegates will waffle, and polling will show her getting beat by any number of GOP candidates. Reality will set in for her.

2.) At this point Biden will get in the race as the new standard-bearer for the Democratic Establishment but will struggle in his head-to-head race with Sanders.

3.) Rumblings of Draft Warren will pick up steam as a bridge candidate between grassroots and establishment. Team Biden will float a trial balloon through surrogates that he will pick Warren as VP.

4.) Sanders will win the Iowa Caucus.

I was actually thinking about his myself, i suspect we will hear from Ole Joe sometime after Labor Day, after the start of football, etc. Unless Hillary gets some really good news from the DOJ or FBI and begins to bounce back or re-gain some of her lost momentum.

I just don't think Sanders would be the nominee, though i could see him on a ticket with Hillary (sounds strange doesn't it?). If Joe runs then i agree with Warren as the VP pick.

Trump may be the GOP nominee...though Carson is gaining and has stronger favorbility ratings.

Perry, Ass Juice, and the rest of the guys polling below 1% are probably going to drop out soon i would imagine.

Then again i might be full of doo doo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom