2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to believe there are some concerns about Mrs. Clinton, at least until the FBI is through with their investigation.

Have to believe there are some concerns about Mrs. Clinton, at least until the FBI is through with their investigation.

There totally are concerns. There's just not this widespread panic.

Is anyone else surprised that Trump seems to have staying power? I admit, I thought it would be over after the first debate.

What does this tell us about the GOP base?

Trump's taking advantage of how large the field is. It's not like he's polling at 50%. He's just polling slightly ahead of 16 other people.

It does just add another piece of evidence to the idea that the GOP base is a bunch of assholes, though. Because supporting Trump is purely supporting being an asshole and nothing else.

Is anyone else surprised that Trump seems to have staying power? I admit, I thought it would be over after the first debate.

What does this tell us about the GOP base?

I'm a little surprised he's still on top. Although his debate performance was entertaining, as Donald always is, it was a pretty bad performance too. It's early though. The other side hasn't even gotten on stage together yet.

She'll be the Secretary of Energy under President Trump.

By the way, how's Hillary doing? Emails and server seized by the FBI.

During a press conference they asked if she wiped the server clean.

"What like with a cloth or something?"

There is serious panic on the Dem side if she'll make it to 2016 with the investigation and her evasive campaigning.

If Vice President Biden jumps in, that's your tell.

The more I watch this whole thing I am starting to think Trump may be the GOP's best hope and not even a disaster if he got the nomination and some how got elected. He might end up doing like how Arnold did in CA.

He would certainly do better than W. As for immigration. Both parties might get off their asses and address it and get something done.

I am losing confidence in Hillary, her ability to make correct choices and manage herself in tough situations. Trump seems to be better at it than her.

The thing about Trump, he will negotiate and compromise to make a deal. With his first allegiance to the people and his ego for accomplishment over party that could be interesting.

The more I watch this whole thing I am starting to think Trump may be the GOP's best hope and not even a disaster if he got the nomination and some how got elected. He might end up doing like how Arnold did in CA.

He would certainly do better than W. As for immigration. Both parties might get off their asses and address it and get something done.

I am losing confidence in Hillary, her ability to make correct choices and manage herself in tough situations. Trump seems to be better at it than her.

The thing about Trump, he will negotiate and compromise to make a deal. With his first allegiance to the people and his ego for accomplishment over party that could be interesting.

:up:

Trump's taking advantage of how large the field is. It's not like he's polling at 50%. He's just polling slightly ahead of 16 other people.

It does just add another piece of evidence to the idea that the GOP base is a bunch of assholes, though. Because supporting Trump is purely supporting being an asshole and nothing else.

Wait...so everyone who supports Trump is an asshole?

Isn't Trump's approval among women something like 11%?

Would be pretty sweet if the gals gave the presidency to Hillary. And I don't even like her much.

Everyone can laugh at him and his ridiculousness. We laughed at Rob Ford too...

No. It's supporting someone else being an asshole. Subtle but key difference.

I was actually asking PhilsFan, because this statement sure makes it sound like that's what he said, subtle key differences aside:

Yes, there are people who support him who are assholes, and there are people in the GOP base who are assholes. This much we know. However i can totally see why people are supporting Trump without painting them all with the broad brush of being an asshole.

I happen to find him entertaining and i support Hillary. I think Trump is probably the only person on the GOP side who could beat her.

I also agree with a previous statement regarding Hillary:

If Vice President Biden jumps in, that's your tell.

I meant to post this yesterday, but yeah, as long as Joe stays out the situation is not dire.

Perhaps one of the our guys with a Trump avatar can tell us what is so damaging about what Hillary did or supposedly did? Not trying to be funny i just want to hear them out, thats all.

Perhaps one of the our guys with a Trump avatar can tell us what is so damaging about what Hillary did or supposedly did? Not trying to be funny i just want to hear them out, thats all.

- State Department Regulations required Hillary to turn over all official correspondence before leaving office. She did not do this. Only after 2 years her attorneys negotiated with state to release some handpicked emails.

- Her emails contained classified information. The IG found 4 classified emails in a small sample of 40 emails. Hillary continues to maintain that none of the material was classified at the time it was sent or received, but that claim is directly at odds with the statement released by the State Dept. and IC Inspectors General. She received classified email on her private server, conduct also in violation of 18 USC 1924, which makes it a crime to have classified information at an “unauthorized location.” Government officials are required to keep their correspondence on the appropriate government server so the material can be classified before it is mistakenly sent to an “unauthorized location.”

- Similar cases: General Patreus was sentenced to a $100,000 fine and two-years probation for showing hand-written notes containing classified information to his mistress Paula Broadwell. In a similar situation a sailor who kept cell-phone photos taken on a nuclear submarine is facing 30 years in jail for taking the photos and for trying to destroy the evidence after he learned he was being investigated.

- As Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler points out, no previous Secretary of State had a private email server running in their home from which they sent and received all of their correspondence while in office. Only one previous Secretary, Colin Powell, admitted to sending any email from a personal account.

- She tries to pass this off a right-wing witch hunt when it is not. The FBI is an independent wing of the Justice Department and they have initiated the investigation the servers and the emails. Bottom line is she should have known her own personal server was not a place for classified information and was in violation of the law.

- State Department Regulations required Hillary to turn over all official correspondence before leaving office. She did not do this. Only after 2 years her attorneys negotiated with state to release some handpicked emails.

- Her emails contained classified information. The IG found 4 classified emails in a small sample of 40 emails. Hillary continues to maintain that none of the material was classified at the time it was sent or received, but that claim is directly at odds with the statement released by the State Dept. and IC Inspectors General. She received classified email on her private server, conduct also in violation of 18 USC 1924, which makes it a crime to have classified information at an “unauthorized location.” Government officials are required to keep their correspondence on the appropriate government server so the material can be classified before it is mistakenly sent to an “unauthorized location.”

- Similar cases: General Patreus was sentenced to a $100,000 fine and two-years probation for showing hand-written notes containing classified information to his mistress Paula Broadwell. In a similar situation a sailor who kept cell-phone photos taken on a nuclear submarine is facing 30 years in jail for taking the photos and for trying to destroy the evidence after he learned he was being investigated.

- As Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler points out, no previous Secretary of State had a private email server running in their home from which they sent and received all of their correspondence while in office. Only one previous Secretary, Colin Powell, admitted to sending any email from a personal account.

- She tries to pass this off a right-wing witch hunt when it is not. The FBI is an independent wing of the Justice Department and they have initiated the investigation the servers and the emails. Bottom line is she should have known her own personal server was not a place for classified information and was in violation of the law.

Thanks for the cliff notes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Thanks for the cliff notes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

It's coming out so fast and furious I don't even know where it takes us. The rules for handling of classified info is a whole new subject that hasn't seen the public light of day. In the wake of International Government Hacking cases, Snowden, Manning, I don't know what to make of it all except that our encryption teams better be working overtime.

It's coming out so fast and furious I don't even know where it takes us. The rules for handling of classified info is a whole new subject that hasn't seen the public light of day. In the wake of International Government Hacking cases, Snowden, Manning, I don't know what to make of it all except that our encryption teams better be working overtime.

Yes agreed 100%.

Peef just lost Chase Utley. Trying to shoulder the weight for him is all.

Ouch :hug:

Now there are Hispanics in favor of Trump's position because those who have been here legally and are citizens are losing job opportunities to undocumented workers.

Now? There have always been those Hispanics, that's not new. But there will also be a big number that's sick of Trump's xenophobic rhetoric, of tossing all Hispanics under the same tent. Those that have family that are struggling to make it here legally. Those that are tired of people like Trump thinking there's only certain types of jobs they're suitable for and somehow are only in competition with the illegal immigrants.

Until your party moves away from Trump's rhetoric, it's not a demographic you'll win over. There is a way to be tough on immigration without being racist and xenophobic; it's baffling that you guys haven't figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Shit. I just came here to post that.

DeezNutsTV_0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom