2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WI did not go the way it Ryan and Scott Walker predicted.

let's throw Ryan on the ash heap of history with a hard back copy of Atlas Shrugged.

Its a good thing you don't know who Tammy Baldwin is, I didn't know her either. Means voters don't care that she's gay, they'll still vote for her and its not a big deal.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but apparently Romney does not have his concession speech ready.

Please don't tell me he never looked at the possibility that he would lose. And he's a business man?

she defeated Tommy Thompson to become the first openly gay US Senator in history. and she's from Wisconsin.

Wait, did I just see on NBC that they had Thompson in the lead? Maybe I'm confused.

Its a good thing you don't know who Tammy Baldwin is, I didn't know her either. Means voters don't care that she's gay, they'll still vote for her and its not a big deal.

No, it just means I don't live in Wisconsin anymore and don't know who their senators (or candidates) are. :wink:

According to the local break in I heard earlier, Obama won Minnesota, apparently. Woo.

And speaking of Minnesota, they're reporting the numbers for the marriage amendment-they're just starting to come in, so it's a small amount, obviously, but the "no" vote seems to be winning out there thus far. Yay :).

Now if Obama wins Iowa and wins the general election and Steve King loses, I will be a pretty happy person tonight.

come on think about it
has any candidate said, I got a dandy concession speech planned, I sure hope I don't win and have to toss it.

Also looks like same-sex marriage will be made legal in Maryland, which means it probably will be in Washington as well, and we'll see about Maine.

Medical Marijuana is also apparently legalized in Mass! Not sure about the others yet.

the cool thing about states passing pot laws

is that the Obama Administration will arrest and prosecute on federal charges.

they do that here in CA :up:

What's the percentage reported for WI? My brother was just griping on FB about how they're calling it for Obama with only about 14% in and Romney leading?

Is there that much of a discrepancy between the networks? (Not sure what he's watching, but he is in WI.)

What's the percentage reported for WI? My brother was just griping on FB about how they're calling it for Obama with only about 14% in and Romney leading?

Is there that much of a discrepancy between the networks? (Not sure what he's watching, but he is in WI.)

yeah, they do it on exit polling, or where the votes came from or will be coming from, it seems sketchy, but I can not see how they would do it if the call was not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom