2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
INDY500 said:
If the workforce was the same size as the day the president took office the unemployment rate would be 10.5%

Nothing decent about that.

And if the stimulus package had not happened, it probably would have been much worse.

For a month on month basis this report is excellent because it shows people are returning to the work force. It is the first sign in a reversing trend.

INDY is just sad because he knows that President Obama is here to stay.

It's funny because there's this Packers forum I post at and they say that Rasmussen polls are the only unbiased ones and that Romney is going to win in a landslide. Pure entertainment.

Complete divorce from reality.

It is one thing to believe this is a toss-up (I disagree) but it's completely something else to believe that Romney will win in a landslide. I almost wish I had Fox News to watch on Tuesday night.

anitram said:
Complete divorce from reality.

It is one thing to believe this is a toss-up (I disagree) but it's completely something else to believe that Romney will win in a landslide. I almost wish I had Fox News to watch on Tuesday night.

Yeah they're basically calling all the pollsters "biased". I almost want to link the forum here. Lol

INDY is just sad because he knows that President Obama is here to stay.

Indy is just sad because he's lived through a real recovery. A booming recovery after a decade that gave us federal wage & price controls, stagflation and the Misery Index.

Unemployment was over 10% early in Reagan's first term also but he was reelected with 7% GDP growth, 59% of the popular vote and carried 49 states.

Indy is just sad because America is not the land of "it could have been worse" and yet 47%, yes I said it, 47% of Americans seem content with that.

47%? Would that be the entitled victims? Bet there will be even more of those after Sandy too. 5,4,3,2,1 before that starts somewhere. Of course we already had the comment about Gucci bags and massage parlors.

The unemployment rate when Reagan was elected was 7.2 %. He also called it some kind of new dawn in America or something like that. I heard about that on the news recently but I don't have time to Google it.

Lol... "Mitt Romney's family has more people in it than a Tyler Perry movie."

That's golden. Reminds me of Thomas Jefferson's Family Guy family portrait with 'the whole family':

Thomas_Jefferson.jpg

In other news, I took today to read up on the Florida Amendments.

Couldn't believe Amendment #8 was seriously on the ballot and it angers me.

Text of Section 3: Religious Freedom
There shall be no law respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting or penalizing the free exercise thereof. Religious freedom shall not justify practices inconsistent with public morals, peace, or safety. No individual or entity may be discriminated against or barred from receiving funding on the basis of religious identity or belief. No revenue of the state or any political subdivision or agency thereof shall ever be taken from the public treasury directly or indirectly in aid of any church, sect, or religious denomination or in aid of any sectarian institution.

Before we know it, the churches will have lobbyist powers, we'll be charged tithes for our sins, and it will be illegal to be Muslim in Florida. Fuck that. Obnoxious breach in separation of church and state.

GOD HATES FAGS

THOU SHALL NOT KILL, means what it says
EVEN UNBORN BABIES CONCEIVED AGAINST ONE"S WILL

ok, now give me taxpayers money, thanks

Anyone want to place bets on what the electoral tally will be?

Obama:303 Romney:235

I'm going to go ahead and go with you and Nate Silver on that. To me, this election interests me tremendously as a referendum on Nate Silver. I like him a lot, and I'll be interested to see if that is justified.

I'm also starting to wonder if Obama has a chance at Florida again. Things have been tightening there lately.

I'm going to go ahead and go with you and Nate Silver on that. To me, this election interests me tremendously as a referendum on Nate Silver. I like him a lot, and I'll be interested to see if that is justified.

I'm also starting to wonder if Obama has a chance at Florida again. Things have been tightening there lately.

I gave Romney Florida, but I think it will be close, if not go to Obama. Romney just seems to have collapsed and is just waiting for this thing to end.

The way things are going in Florida (and this might just be because I haven't been in South Florida in a while), I'd say it's a Romney state for sure.

Then again, I'm very used to the ultra-liberal South so I could just be well out of place in Central Florida.

It'll be interesting to see which narrative holds up with Romney in PA, WI, & MI. If he loses he campaigned there to replace electoral votes lost in Ohio. If he wins it was to expand his lead.

It'll also be interesting to see if the charges that 2008 enthusiasm being used in 2012 polls was accurate or not.

Dick Morris and Nate Silver have both gone on the ledge. One prognosticator or another is going to get shit on their face.

Rasumussen is Nate Silver's competitor so it will be another poll to compare for accuracy.

I live in central PA and people still don't really trust Romney. I expect that back home in Philly but not here. This is a really Republican area. Look at the command GT Thompson has over this district. But they do not like Romney.

that was a one state win

and many believe there were shenanigans, perhaps not enough to flip the vote, but enough to move the his margin of winning in the one state, Ohio.

Rasumussen is Nate Silver's competitor so it will be another poll to compare for accuracy.

Not even close.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Rasmussen is a pollster who conducts his own polls and publishes them. Nate Silver is somebody who uses mathematical models to aggregate polls carried out by people like Rasmussen.

So they are not competing at all.

I haven't paid much attention to the polls, because who knows what's going on with the data in many of them.

I just know I'm seeing a lot of Obama/Biden signs throughout my town, so...there's that :shrug:. I do think our state will likely go for Obama as many of the things people have been sharing here have predicted.

Not even close.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Rasmussen is a pollster who conducts his own polls and publishes them. Nate Silver is somebody who uses mathematical models to aggregate polls carried out by people like Rasmussen.

So they are not competing at all.

What is the difference? They are both competing on predictions. I didn't say Nate Silver is polling people. :doh:

See competition:

Rasmussen Reports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the difference? They are both competing on predictions. I didn't say Nate Silver is polling people. :doh:

It's a dumb comparison IMO because one controls whom he polls. The other has imperfect information - he is using other people's polls/polling methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom