2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Silver in not the end all, be all
his record may be, should be better than any one poll.

His stats approach may support more correct answers more times than not, but the concept that a batter always swinging away will result in more scores than one bunting does not mean the right batter in the right situation is not better off bunting.

Indy is just sad because America is not the land of "it could have been worse" and yet 47%, yes I said it, 47% of Americans seem content with that.

We all know who those 47% are, don't we?

TakersRomneyMap-2.jpg

Free-loading Republicans, it seems.

Though there are many (500+) paths to the White House, it looks like the condensed version is simple enough.
enhanced-buzz-wide-19525-1352067141-7.jpg

And given all the chaos already going on in states like Florida and Ohio, please don't let it come down to them (or rather, for those states, "Please let it be a landslide").

I think the fact that the GOP made a sudden strategy shift focusing on Pennsylvania and Minnesota shows that they realized that their hopes were slim and thought maybe they could pull a shocker in what has been considered a non swing state.

I think the fact that the GOP made a sudden strategy shift focusing on Pennsylvania and Minnesota shows that they realized that their hopes were slim and thought maybe they could pull a shocker in what has been considered a non swing state.

they're trying to create the illusion perception of momentum.

McCain did this too.

agreed.

the GOP does seem to be doing their best to suppress the urban vote though.

As per usual. I am shocked and dismayed at the situation in Florida. I live in Los Angeles and the longest I've ever waited to vote was 30 minutes. And this was in '08 in the morning rush. It's appalling to hear about 3-4 hour waits AGAIN.

they're trying to create the illusion perception of momentum.

McCain did this too.

Agreed. I chuckled when my Mom forwarded me a blurb from Dick Morris talking about how they had so much momentum because Obama had pulled out of Florida and NC. I felt bad explaining why he did that.

I just read this on a different forum. :lol:

"For all the Obama supporters and undecided who just don't get it:
I have a small business, in fact a business of 1, me. An LLC. I turned down a major customer today, a $100,000 a year customer. I did that for several reasons:
I cannot do all the work myself
I am afraid to hire someone
There is too much risk
There is not enough reward, all that extra work those 80 hour weeks for the next 3 months would just put me into a higher tax bracket and I would pay much of that $$$ in taxes
And the big one, I think it is 60-40 that Obama is going to win. Why should I work and pay taxes when it will be spent on abortions and wars that I do not approve of? I am not a young man anymore, the day I will face God and explain how I used my life is only 20-30 years in the future. I don't want to have paid for abortions and sent young men off to die in Afghanistan."

The other posts include the federal government declaring Trump's hair a disaster zone. Even though that could happen :D, that looks like an Onion type of site.

MrsSpringsteen said:
The other posts include the federal government declaring Trump's hair a disaster zone. Even though that could happen :D

I was just going to say that part sounds all too real!

mikal said:

I have a small business, in fact a business of 1, me. An LLC. I turned down a major customer today, a $100,000 a year customer. I did that for several reasons:
There is too much risk
There is not enough reward, all that extra work those 80 hour weeks for the next 3 months would just put me into a higher tax bracket and I would pay much of that $$$ in taxes
And the big one, I think it is 60-40 that Obama is going to win. Why should I work and pay taxes when it will be spent on abortions and wars that I do not approve of? I am not a young man anymore, the day I will face God and explain how I used my life is only 20-30 years in the future. I don't want to have paid for abortions and sent young men off to die in Afghanistan."

That's right. Goddamned Democratic presidents and all the foreign wars they've started.

Wait, what?

The Tea Party may be in for some big losses. Hopefully Bachmann is one of them, even though she outspends her opponent 12-1, she's barely ahead of him in the polls.

Maybe that will cause Republicans to go back to being more "Reagan" like and stop being backwards on social issues, which could be costing them with certain groups? I'm pretty sure the Tea Party would hate Reagan if he were running now.

There is too much risk

Ummmm...okay. So this person desperately need help, but they don't want to hire someone because...why?

I love how all of a sudden apparently we get to pick and choose what sorts of big issues we want our taxes to go towards. Man, if only my family had known we could just opt out of not letting our taxes go towards the wars the last 10 years!

At least this person seems consistent in not supporting abortion and not supporting letting young people die in war, so that's something.

As for the stories I'm already hearing of issues in Florida...*Cries*. I love how, in this day and age of iPads and iPods and cars with all sorts of fancy gizmos to the point where you don't even need to drive the thing anymore and apps and all that stuff that we STILL can't seem to figure out how to make it so our voting devices can get our votes in with as minimal of issues as possible. Where's a Steve Jobs type for this issue when you need them?

Also, I too approve of a good 'Airplane' reference :up: :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom