2012 US Presidential Election Superthread - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #976
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:43 PM
Fair point about the blackmail. That would indeed be potentially problematic.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #977
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:43 PM
ANd it is rumored that the affair was with Paula Broadwell who wrote a book about him.

Here is an interview she gave on The Daily Show. She too was married.

Paula Broadwell - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/25/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #978
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS

I've been saying for years that these Tea Partiers need to just move and start their own new nation. They can privatize everything, start a theocracy, wear their six shooters on their sides, regulate nothing, and then close their borders.
I'd like to see that. It would be much better than burdening the rest of the American population with their disgusting views, and surely it would be in their best interests, to not have to put up with Democrats and moderate Republicans contaminating their Utopia.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #979
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Some of my conservative friends on FB are already certain it's all part of the Benghazi "cover-up" and that he was forced out. Unbelievable.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #980
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I saw that being discussed on a TV at a restaurant my mom and I stopped at on the way home this evening.

Everything's a conspiracy nowadays, apparently.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #981
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
What an embarassment

They sure are coming out in droves to show their true colors...

I've been saying for years that these Tea Partiers need to just move and start their own new nation. They can privatize everything, start a theocracy, wear their six shooters on their sides, regulate nothing, and then close their borders.

I only ask for two rules; 1. They aren't allowed any military grade weapons(for they would start wars with everyone). 2. The whole thing has to be televised. It would be the most entertaining TV to exist, but probably a pretty short lived series.
The images you're giving me!

and i'm thinking of the movie jim carey was in-his life being unkwonst to him- televized!

omg! DEF Rule #1

Laughter helps deflect the horribleness of it all-when it's inflicted on people who don't want those types of governance, or a uber-corporatized/uber-monitized society. And the literal victims of racsist, anti-LGBT, mysoginistic acts of violence/murder etc :shudders:
Old 11-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #982
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollox View Post
TBF, politicians having affairs is something that crosses party lines.
yeah AND the difference usually is that Republicans are talking about being godly folks, and often castigating others for their monogaminous failings while hiding their own affairs whether straight or gay.

It's the bigtime hypocrisy of it!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #983
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
ANd it is rumored that the affair was with Paula Broadwell who wrote a book about him.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #984
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean
Some of my conservative friends on FB are already certain it's all part of the Benghazi "cover-up" and that he was forced out. Unbelievable.
To be fair...with the timing of the announcement coming right after the election and right before the Benghazi hearings...

If the shoe was on the other foot, democrats would be accusing the republican president of the same thing.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #985
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, to be honest, it's not the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #986
ONE
love, blood, life

Florida has finally been called

BBC News - Barack Obama adds Florida to White House victory
Old 11-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #987
Blue Crack Addict

Karl Rove "Not so fast!!!"
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #988
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Yeah, to be honest, it's not the craziest thing I've ever heard.
i'll go with the crazy

there are too many elements that are lined up, you might call it coincidence
or you could also say the Obama Administration use special secret weather technology to amp up Sandy to slow Romney's momentum and help Obama
Old 11-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #989
Blue Crack Distributor

WA finally has a governor as of last night as well.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #990
Blue Crack Addict

this thing is so silly, it is probably true

Quote:
MY WIFE’S LOVER

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

Don’t expose the affair in any high-profile way. It would be different if this man’s project was promoting some (contextually hypocritical) family-values platform, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. The only motive for exposing the relationship would be to humiliate him and your wife, and that’s never a good reason for doing anything. This is between you and your spouse. You should tell her you want to separate, just as you would if she were sleeping with the mailman. The idea of “suffering in silence” for the good of the project is illogical. How would the quiet divorce of this man’s mistress hurt an international leadership initiative? He’d probably be relieved.

The fact that you’re willing to accept your wife’s infidelity for some greater political good is beyond honorable. In fact, it’s so over-the-top honorable that I’m not sure I believe your motives are real. Part of me wonders why you’re even posing this question, particularly in a column that is printed in The New York Times.

Your dilemma is intriguing, but I don’t see how it’s ambiguous. Your wife is having an affair with a person you happen to respect. Why would that last detail change the way you respond to her cheating? Do you admire this man so much that you haven’t asked your wife why she keeps having sex with him? I halfway suspect you’re writing this letter because you want specific people to read this column and deduce who is involved and what’s really going on behind closed doors (without actually addressing the conflict in person). That’s not ethical, either.
July 13, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/ma...yond.html?_r=0