2012 US Presidential Election Superthread - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #961
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Can't wait Obama to get this country back on track. His first four years were Bush's fault. Now it's all him. I need a job soon too. Sick of living off the government. Although i'm getting kinda lazy doing same.
Maybe if you weren't getting drunk and trolling on the internet you could find one...

Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #962
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
that woman is shocking! people have been prosecuted for much much less over here... more and more people are getting arrested/prosecuted these days for internet/social network-related offences, offensive posts etc.

it amazes me that people believe they can say what the hell they want in public without consequences...

also, they really must have zero self-awareness!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #963
Refugee

Local Time: 10:37 PM
Apparently this thread is old news....2016 is in the news now!

It's way too early, but it does approach pretty quickly. I think the media just wants to see Hillary Clinton & Jeb Bush go against each other.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #964
Blue Crack Addict

So the election alters are back, post election. Well at least one.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #965
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:37 PM
Quote:
As some Republicans continue to cope with the prospect of another four years under President Barack Obama, a Texas GOP official is floating a simple way out: cleaving his state from the union.
Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party, wrote a column in the post-election edition of his Tea Party newsletter this week calling for an "amicable divorce" from the U.S., the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.
"Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" he wrote. "Let each go her own way."
How lame. Texas has its liberal population that will only grow bigger as time moves on and people in general progress.

Seriously, is he calling for another civil war or something?

Quote:
Morrison went on to express anger at the "maggots" who backed Obama, specifically calling out non-white voters, whom he accused of voting for the president on an "ethnic basis."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/peter-morrison-texas-divorce_n_2100165.html

Yes, non-whites are maggots for having enough sense to not vote for a candidate from a party that has a history of not being sympathetic enough to them.

Maybe we should come up with a smilie of someone playing the world's smallest violin?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen

This just isn't true, unless you're referring to our global reputation after 8 years of the Bush administration. Obama has done much to rebuild our reputation in the global community.
I guess that depends-if you believe our global reputation was great under Bush. Because some people believe that.

I thought that our laughingstock was one of the biggest supporters of Israel too. Not so under Obama?

I'm not into arguing about it at all, I'm just confused. Perspective is everything, I guess.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #967
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
How lame. Texas has its liberal population that will only grow bigger as time moves on and people in general progress.

Seriously, is he calling for another civil war or something?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/peter-morrison-texas-divorce_n_2100165.html

Yes, non-whites are maggots for having enough sense to not vote for a candidate from a party that has a history of not being sympathetic enough to them.

Maybe we should come up with a smilie of someone playing the world's smallest violin?
What an embarassment

They sure are coming out in droves to show their true colors...

I've been saying for years that these Tea Partiers need to just move and start their own new nation. They can privatize everything, start a theocracy, wear their six shooters on their sides, regulate nothing, and then close their borders.

I only ask for two rules; 1. They aren't allowed any military grade weapons(for they would start wars with everyone). 2. The whole thing has to be televised. It would be the most entertaining TV to exist, but probably a pretty short lived series.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #968
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Welcome to the internet; that shit's permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Excellent point, Cori. That is a comforting thought.

You get in trouble for that shit, I have absolutely zero sympathy for you. You deserve it.
I completely agree with that, but knowing how wacky some of these people are, I'm not entirely comforted.

They insist its free speech and if you point out that they're being racist/homophobic/bigoted, they'll say that's their constitutional right. True it is, but they fail to realize the consequences of opening their mouth like that.

Oh hell, they don't even care. I read a comment online where someone said, "yeah I'm a racist; but that doesn't make me a bad person".
Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #969
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

I only ask for two rules; 1. They aren't allowed any military grade weapons(for they would start wars with everyone). 2. The whole thing has to be televised. It would be the most entertaining TV to exist, but probably a pretty short lived series.

already been done

kid nation episode 1 part 1 - YouTube
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #970
Blue Crack Addict

Pretraeus remained a Republican until the end

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extramarital Affair | NBC New York
Old 11-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #971
Blue Crack Supplier

I heard a rumor it was with a man. Just a rumor. Probably not true.

But if it were, it's even more Republican.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #972
Refugee

Local Time: 03:37 AM
TBF, politicians having affairs is something that crosses party lines.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #973
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I heard a rumor it was with a man. Just a rumor. Probably not true.

But if it were, it's even more Republican.
I wondered for a second, but I never picked up any DADT vibes from him

I have seen a woman, in print. My bet, she is decent looking and a bit younger. Like when Gingrich gave his subordinate a little extra.

Anyways, good for him, if he was in an unhappy marriage, I hope this fling added some joy to his life. Nothing better in life, than passion.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #974
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I still find it weird that people resign over affairs. I'm no fan of cheating on one's spouse, either, but so long as it isn't interfering with their job or anything like that, I don't get why they need to step down. We're human, we all make mistakes.

Meh. Anyway, surprising news, though-I hope he and his family can find a way to deal with this situation and move on as best they can.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #975
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I still find it weird that people resign over affairs. I'm no fan of cheating on one's spouse, either, but so long as it isn't interfering with their job or anything like that, I don't get why they need to step down. We're human, we all make mistakes.

Meh. Anyway, surprising news, though-I hope he and his family can find a way to deal with this situation and move on as best they can.

He is director of the CIA.

That sets him up for blackmail. The CIA send in agents that compromise people and blackmail them.

If he publicly did this, separated from his wife and dated someone that worked for him within the CIA guidelines, it would not have been an issue,

I bet he violated CIA policies and procedures.