2012 US Presidential Election Superthread - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #871
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Broccoli is great. It's olives that I hate.
Never speak to me again, heathen.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #872
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:03 AM
They taste like yuck.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #873
45:33

So, soooo many lols.

Obama Was Re-Elected - I'm pissed - This ain't pretty. NSFW!!! (Or civilized humans.) - YouTube
Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #874
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Like I'm going to watch 24 minutes and 2 seconds of whatever that is. I'm a busy woman.

I have a lot of pot to smoke and chicks to marry.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #875
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
I don't believe we have legalized same-sex polygamy just yet.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #876
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, sorry. I'm not going to marry them all at once. I'm going to marry each one for 72 hours and then get a divorce.

So, you know, I can protect the sanctity of marriage.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #877
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Well, you can't get married until Dec. 9, so unless you're founding a charter school, you have plenty of time to watch a video.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #878
Blue Crack Distributor

shit.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #879
The Fly

Local Time: 05:33 PM
God bless Obama. I'm still unemployed. I get $1,200 a month in section 8. I get $900 in food stamps. I get $1,300 a month in unemployment benifits for 6 more months. We'll get free healthcare next year. Just wish I lived in Colorado where weed is legal. Now I probably have to sell $200 of my food stamps a month for weed. But it's worth it. I'm gonna go get my free phone next week. What else do we need ? Thanks Obama. I'll never look for a job again! Woohee
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #880
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem
Now, everybody is jumping on Romney's chain today, getting in his chili.

.... what?
That and the Santa Claus shit, I have no idea what he's saying. Usually I can't understand him because I don't reside in the same batshit crazy alternate universe, but apparently he's got his own language on top of insane views.

I liked the paragraph where he listed off the minority republicans of note in recent years. It's like the old I'm not racist, I have black friends!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #881
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
God bless Obama. I'm still unemployed. I get $1,200 a month in section 8. I get $900 in food stamps. I get $1,300 a month in unemployment benifits for 6 more months. We'll get free healthcare next year. Just wish I lived in Colorado where weed is legal. Now I probably have to sell $200 of my food stamps a month for weed. But it's worth it. I'm gonna go get my free phone next week. What else do we need ? Thanks Obama. I'll never look for a job again! Woohee

The more important question...

How was the gay wedding?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #882
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:33 PM
cori

my signal was out ...never finshed but first....

came very late last night and read all of the 20+ pages i missed aafter leaving! I empathized with people's posts here watching the election...

also

catman omg! your gifs (esp, then, forgiving florida!
cori's Ru Paul I got to get away(!) for a bit solution
and was it your Fresh Prince gif omg never seen that!

anyway i went to vote at the "wrong" time when people hit the polls after work
stood in line in the dark and cold 10 plus degrees below average) for 3 block stint for 1 1/2 hrs. Then like 30 mins just to inch (at least INside!)down a long hallway to finally get to a fairly tiny room where people were sort of snaking in between each other for the different districts.

This was in a big housing complex. I got there around 5:40 and was by the bus stop ( 2 blocks away) at 8:35

i've always voted in a school -gym or auditorium- a biggish space- either before regular work hours were over or between 7 -8:45PM (polls here close @ 9P ). maybe the biggest line i'd been on was ?20 mins!

So instead of being able to walk back home to grab my camera-- i headed down to "Democracy Plaza"/Decision 2012 aka Rockefeller Plaza skating rink area above it hosted by NBC & earler in eve MSNBC Some of your caught a glimpse of that. if i went back home and back up to get to the bus i thought i might miss too much at that point

Tho i had a little transitor radio w me i didn't turn iut on- descided to wait till i saw the blue/red EC numbers ribbons. I swung in on the Romney side . It looked like he was leading by some, thern i realized i was looking at it at such a sharp angle it might not have been so bad.
I was right-- but i missed all the scarey numbers v rom earlier.. i saw the 163 R 162 O

We know what happened suddenly when califonia kicked in etc
the
they actually hauled Pres Obamas # sign to too close to the window area where the magic 270 was. There was this too little space to display change stuff after the ? 243 result

suddenly after the next 2 or 3 results i looked away for a sec, and started to hear the intake of breath from the crowd. I swung my head up and there was the 274! I blinked, gasped, almost started crying then cheered w the crowd. but it was so sudden....that i thot oh is that the right number? Even as i intellectually couold see it was above 270!
I believed it 90% of the way...but really not completely till the conseccion/acceptence speeches!

Then here was even more fun-- while waiting for Mittens I noticed a brightly lit corner area off the southside of the south end of the big building. At this point the # was 290.
More excitingly it look like people could go inside!

It turned out to be The MSNBC Experience place. Stood around listening to to the panel talking, picked up some buttons. Finally as some people came downstairs we could go upstairs. Itwas where an audience can watch on big screen with reg chairs, tables, and big cushy chairs "the morning Joe " show. got a free latte w an Donkey on top of the foam

sitting outside the big area after someone got up the woman talking suddenly stops mid-setence saying "this is from just few seconds ago from the AP "the Call has been made" !(!!!finally) Was able to get inside and wait there, sit down and got to see Pres Obama's speech!

it was great time!
Just sooooooooooooooo grateful it turned out this way!

next post for the WTF USA long lines thing!?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #883
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
>implying free healthcare is a bad thing.

At least that's what it seemed like from your post.

Also, Obama's going to make healthcare free for all? I don't think I ever heard that, unless I'm mistaken.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #884
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
They taste like yuck.
I'm more appalled by your advocacy of broccoli. They are the Michelle Bachmann of the vegetable world.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #885
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah but broccoli covered in melted cheese.