2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been able to even begin to understand a parent not being accepting in these sorts of situations. It's your child, for Christ's sakes. People like that need to get over themselves.

That poor guy.
exactly. i can't even imagine not being supportive of my child's career decision, much less their sexuality. as long as my child is happy, i'll be happy for them. i can't imagine posting hateful comments on someone's fb page, especially my own flesh and blood's.

whether my kid is gay, straight, or bi, as long as they're happy, that's all that will matter.

good lord. there's "unrest" on the ole miss campus. some are saying there's a riot, others are saying groups of all races (i guess there's some inuit and pacific islanders there too?) yelling at each other.

keep it klassy.

In 2004 George W Bush won with 286 EC votes.
or one state, the state of Ohio. (270 are required to win)

But any honest person would have to admit that Obama's 'so called' big win tonight is not as legit as W's 2008 win.

Sorry Romney supporters...

Z4ZvF.gif

:p

I can't wait to smoke pot at the Springsteen show in Denver.

Goodnight.

Denver's different. People have been smoking pot in front of policemen in Denver for years.

Well, President Obama won re-election and I could hear almost hear the champagne bottles opening in Tehran and all around the Arab world.

Make no mistake - the next four years will be rough. Obama now has absolutely nothing to lose. He won't be up for re-election and he can do pretty much whatever the hell he wants to do....starting with major payback for those who went against him (starting with our prime minister...lol). Behind that friendly "all-American everyman" smile lurks a man who is chomping at the bit to take revenge (HIS own words.....). As the saying goes: "Hell hath no fury as a presidential candidate scorned....." (or something like that...lol).

That being said, G-d bless America, I LOVE all of you, and, like it or not, always remember that Israel is the ONLY REAL friend that you have in the Middle East and you NEED us to be strong and stable because you really DON'T want to see (or even think about) a Middle East without us......

AchtungBono said:
Well, President Obama won re-election and I could hear almost hear the champagne bottles opening in Tehran

That's funny, because Obama has imposed tougher economic sanctions on Iran than any previous president.

He won't be up for re-election and he can do pretty much whatever the hell he wants to do....starting with major payback for those who went against him (starting with our prime minister...lol). Behind that friendly "all-American everyman" smile lurks a man who is chomping at the bit to take revenge (HIS own words.....).

This doom-and-gloom vision of Obama you've constructed bears little resemblance to the actual man.

So did Romney ever give a concession speech? I went to bed right after networks started calling it. Let's hope Obama can do a better job this time, I really hope so.

BTW Joe Kennedy III is adorable. Seems more grounded and real than most of them.

What happened to Romney 's predicted at least 300 electoral votes? Anyone know the popular vote? Florida still hasn't been called.

Well, President Obama won re-election and I could hear almost hear the champagne bottles opening in Tehran and all around the Arab world.

That's funny, because Obama has imposed tougher economic sanctions on Iran than any previous president.

It's also funny as almost the same expression was used four years ago, but then talking about Osama Bin Laden. Look where he ended up. :)

So did Romney ever give a concession speech? I went to bed right after networks started calling it. Let's hope Obama can do a better job this time, I really hope so.

Indeed he did. It sounded tired and borderline robotic, but I can't blame him at all. I got the overwhelming impression of "get me on a jet to Tahiti right now" out of it. I almost felt sorry for him.

Latino Voters In Election 2012 Help Sweep Obama To Reelection

Gender Gap In 2012 Election Aided Obama Win

Just read that Bachmann won. Ugh.

Donald Trump is not happy with President Barack Obama's successful campaign for a second term.

The real estate mogul and reality show host took to Twitter to express his displeasure, launching into a screed against the Electoral College and broader Democratic process.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!
6 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

More votes equals a loss...revolution!
6 Nov 12

Popular vote totals at the time of his tweet showed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney with a narrow lead over Obama, with votes still left to count.

In a later tweet, Trump called the Electoral College, which allowed observers to call the election for Obama at around 11:12 p.m. on Tuesday night, a "disaster for a democracy." Twelve years ago, many Democrats would have likely agreed, as a hotly contested race in Florida gave the 2000 presidential election to Republican George W. Bush, who lost the popular vote.

Did anyone watch Diane Sawyer? I'm hearing that she was out of it. Apparently it was all over Twitter that she seemed tipsy. Drunk Diane Sawyer is a new Twitter handle. Damn, I wish I had seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom