2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read Minneapolis might not be done reporting until tomorrow? That could be what sinks Bachmann...

I've just been informed by an old friend on Facebook that I and my children will pay for this for the rest of our lives.

It makes me sad to see people I otherwise respect so much express such a vitriolic response to this election. I'm truly baffled by it.

Everyone get ready for Jeb Bush. The last Republican president to win without a Nixon or Bush on the ticket was 1928.

Repubs got crushed with hispanics, Jeb is former Florida governor and speaks Spanish. Only the Bush family can unite the economic and social conservatives! it is their destiny

A7E95UhCMAA6HhM.jpg:large

Agreed, Sean. My sister just left a post where she talked about removing some people she knew who were, I guess, leaving really nasty, bordering on bigoted comments about Obama and his family. It's one thing to not be an Obama supporter, but if someone posted any racist shit online, I'd drop them, too.

Thankfully, the people I know are overwhelmingly happy with the results and stuff, so I haven't had to come across much of that obnoxiousness.

One of my friends posted his support for the WA marriage equality act, and the first comment was a snide remark by his own mother.

It sounds like they haven't had a good relationship for a long time, based on her religion and his being gay, but how fucking spiteful do you have to be to go out of your way to post something hurtful in response to your own child?

One of my friends posted his support for the WA marriage equality act, and the first comment was a snide remark by his own mother.

It sounds like they haven't had a good relationship for a long time, based on her religion and his being gay, but how fucking spiteful do you have to be to go out of your way to post something hurtful in response to your own child?

That is just awful.

Agreed, Sean. My sister just left a post where she talked about removing some people she knew who were, I guess, leaving really nasty, bordering on bigoted comments about Obama and his family. It's one thing to not be an Obama supporter, but if someone posted any racist shit online, I'd drop them, too.

Thankfully, the people I know are overwhelmingly happy with the results and stuff, so I haven't had to come across much of that obnoxiousness.

The sad thing is this gentleman wasn't trying to be obnoxious. He really believes we're doomed. Still there is something rather creepy about anyone, especially an old friend saying "you and your children will pay for this." Almost sounds/felt like a threat. It reminded me for all the world of an older minister I knew in college who had been good friends to my wife and I when we were dating. When he found out we were getting married he shook his head ruefully and said "Well, I suppose as long as you don't have children. . ." (We are an interracial couple).

It hurt, but we moved on.

I thought I was done hearing City of Blinding Lights, but Second Term Obama has upgraded to Even Better Than The Real Thing playing over the PA

Even Better than the Real Thing is playing in the background at the Obama rally right now, if anyone is listening closely

Sounds like Bruce on this end. I guess he's about to come on ....

Edit: No, I'm deaf. I hear Bono now.

Jeb isn't entirely bad...as of now, in terms of social issues. Supports gay couples adopting children, together, which is big. Don't think he supports marriage, but still better than anyone from the soon to be former tea party.

I have never been able to even begin to understand a parent not being accepting in these sorts of situations. It's your child, for Christ's sakes. People like that need to get over themselves.

That poor guy.

$10 says Fox dings Obama for not mentioning Romney at the start of his speech as Romney did for him.

Jeb isn't entirely bad...as of now, in terms of social issues. Supports gay couples adopting children, together, which is big. Don't think he supports marriage, but still better than anyone from the soon to be former tea party.

It's not ideal, but yes it's not bad. Could be worse.

Jeb wasn't a terrible Governor really, either.

Dunno, as of right now though we've got a good three years before any of that's relevant anyways. Hope for the best until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom