2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in AP:

Judge tosses lawsuit challenging Obama citizenship
4 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.

U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick on Friday night rejected the suit by attorney Philip J. Berg, who alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen and therefore ineligible for the presidency. Berg claimed that Obama is either a citizen of his father's native Kenya or became a citizen of Indonesia after he moved there as a boy.

Obama was born in Hawaii to an American mother and a Kenyan father. His parents divorced and his mother married an Indonesian man.

Internet-fueled conspiracy theories question whether Obama is a "natural-born citizen" as required by the Constitution for a presidential candidate and whether he lost his citizenship while living abroad.

Surrick ruled that Berg lacked standing to bring the case, saying any harm from an allegedly ineligible candidate was "too vague and its effects too attenuated to confer standing on any and all voters."<>

Was this ever actually in doubt by anyone with an ounce of common sense ?

Press Release: Berg v. Obama dismissed - Berg appealing to U. S. Supreme Court
Saturday, 25 October 2008 16:51 administrator Main - News Philip J. Berg is Appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court as Obama is "NOT" qualified to be President of the United States Lawsuit Against Obama Dismissed from Philadelphia Federal Court

For Immediate Release: - 10/25/08 - Contact Info at end.
UPDATE: Ruling attached at end. It's a really poor copy, but it is all we have for the moment. Willl put up a better copy when we get one.

(Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 10/25/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of “qualifications” to serve as President of the United States, announced today that he is immediately appealing the dismissal of his case to the United States Supreme Court. The case is Berg v. Obama, No. 08-cv-04083.

Berg said, "I am totally disappointed by Judge Surrick's decision and, for all citizens of the United States, I am immediately appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court.

This is a question of who has standing to uphold our Constitution. If I don't have standing, if you don't have standing, if your neighbor doesn't have standing to question the eligibility of an individual to be President of the United States - the Commander-in-Chief, the most powerful person in the world - then who does?

So, anyone can just claim to be eligible for congress or the presidency without having their legal status, age or citizenship questioned.

According to Judge Surrick, we the people have no right to police the eligibility requirements under the U.S. Constitution.

What happened to ‘...Government of the people, by the people, for the people,...’ Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg Address 1863.

We must legally prevent Obama, the unqualified candidate, from taking the Office of the Presidency of the United States,” Berg said.

Our website obamacrimes.com now has 71.8 + million hits. We are urging all to spread the word of our website – and forward to your local newspapers and radio and TV stations.

Berg again stressed his position regarding the urgency of this case as, “we” the people, are heading to a “Constitutional Crisis” if this case is not resolved forthwith.

* * For copies of all Court Pleadings, go to obamacrimes.com

# # #

Philip J. Berg, Esquire
555 Andorra Glen Court, Suite 12
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-2531
Cell (610) 662-3005
(610) 825-3134

Now just a question from an outsider looking in, but i've been seeing these either very underhanded or terrible hate filled things being directed at Obama and his campaign. I was wondering, are liberals doing the same thing? Have there been volunteers for Obama's campaign that have done terrible things (like that poor bear cub in NC. :sad: )
It just seems so horrible I know that the people doing it, arn't doing it with the wishes of McCain but it just seems that there is this terribly vicious vein that seems to run through the republican party and some of its members (which you think would make the rest of the sensible ones jump ship to the other side! haha)
I just haven't heard any stories like that from the left. Are there any?

diamond, diamond, diamond. :sigh: The man is a nutcase. He's a bitter former Hillary supporter, grasping at straws. If Obama's citizenship hadn't been proven to the satisfaction of the RNC and the McCain campaign, don't you think they would be all over this? Answer honestly.

diamond, diamond, diamond. :sigh: The man is a nutcase. He's a bitter former Hillary supporter, grasping at straws. If Obama's citizenship hadn't been proven to the satisfaction of the RNC and the McCain campaign, don't you think they would be all over this? Answer honestly.

He can't even answer how Obama was able to get a passport if his birth certificate wasn't valid............

c'mon diemen, im happy for laura, but you can watch a drive in movie off of senator biden's forehead.

you do admit joe has botox and hair plugs correct?

and we hope that you're not opposed to palin's wardrobe expenses or people who have seem to have became petty there.

:hug:

<>

Whether he has had botox or not is besides the point. No one else is constantly making snide comments on his appearance other than you.

Spending $150,000 of money donated to the campaign, simply for clothes, and especially when you are running on the anti-elite average joe-six-pack mantra, is quite a bit different than someone spending their own personal money for cosmetic surgery.

Which is still beside the point that no one consistently brings ups comments on peoples' physical appearance besides you. And it still makes you look immature and petty.

He can't even answer how Obama was able to get a passport if his birth certificate wasn't valid............

Yup. His citizenship has been confirmed by eleventy-billion political people by now, I was just trying to think of a very obvious example for diamond.

I think the only reason I'm even trying to discuss it this evening is because I'm not feeling well, and probably delusional enough to think I might get through to him. :lol:

Which is still beside the point that no one consistently brings ups comments on peoples' physical appearance besides you. And it still makes you look immature and petty.

That is simply incorrect.

A lot of Obama supporters here have made personal remarks regarding McCain's age, saying nasty things such as speculating on his state of senility, whether he wears diapers, etc, etc.

But, you're on a learning curve, I guess.

That's a good question, I'm sure Berg has an answer for that otherwise he wouldn't be appealing.

Time will tell.

<>

I'm still waiting for you to tell me whether your "sources" have definitively concluded that this "suspect" visit to "grandma" was a fabrication by Obama.

That's a good question, I'm sure Berg has an answer for that otherwise he wouldn't be appealing.

Time will tell.

<>

Yes, I'm "sure" he does.......

Or, he just doesn't have an iota of common sense.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me whether your "sources" have definitively concluded that this "suspect" visit to "grandma" was a fabrication by Obama.

Are his "sources" the same as "his people in DC" ???

That is simply incorrect.

A lot of Obama supporters here have made personal remarks regarding McCain's age, saying nasty things such as speculating on his state of senility, whether he wears diapers, etc, etc.

I think you should read what I wrote again.

no one consistently brings ups comments on peoples' physical appearance besides you.

Note the bold parts. Though I don't recall anyone using the diapers line, I'm willing to bet those comments were isolated events (unless you can find me instances of someone using that line several times). And regardless, the comments of senility and diapers, immature though they may be, are more to do with his actions and behavior, not his appearance. Diamond has commented several times on Botox Joe, and I think you can agree that he was none too kind to Hillary when it came to appearances.

But, you're on a learning curve, I guess.

:eyebrow:

I think you should read what I wrote again.

and I think you can agree that he was none too kind to Hillary when it came to appearances.

:eyebrow:

In all fairness Diemen I usually commented on Hillary's temprament, (angry etc) not on her physical appearence -if I remember correctly.

And then I would get called a sexist yada yada and it would be claimed that I was picking on her cuz she was a woman etc.

That's usually how it went.

<>

Whether he has had botox or not is besides the point. No one else is constantly making snide comments on his appearance other than you.

Spending $150,000 of money donated to the campaign, simply for clothes, and especially when you are running on the anti-elite average joe-six-pack mantra, is quite a bit different than someone spending their own personal money for cosmetic surgery.

thank you.. and well said.. :up:

So those pictures that showed her in unfortunate poses reflected absolutely nothing on her appearance, right?

Diemen,

I'm not claiming to be the perfect poster.
I did post pictures illustrating her demeanor and temprament.
I even said I would vote for Obama over her, and you questioned me on it and found my original post.

I've also refrained from posting pictures since I've been back.

I also said many unflattering things about McCain in the Republican primaries, and still it turns my stomach that I'm to voting for him.

I would gladly vote for Obama if:

a) he were pro life
b) he were more pro business (less taxes for everyone no matter how much one makes)
c) renounced William Ayers unequiocably
d) put this birth certificate thing to bed*

*I really hope he whips it out in the 11th hour-I'm afraid of a potentail constitutional crisis ala 2000.

<>

I did post pictures illustrating her demeanor and temprament.

Those pics did nothing to illustrate her demeanor and temperament, and only served to make her look bad. One frozen moment in time does not illustrate one's demeanor or temperament, especially when it's obvious she was in between expressions.

I don't want to drag this on any further though. Suffice it to say, we disagree on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom