2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Obama commenting today, perhaps now you can skulk off and feel an appropriate sense of shame:

That quote from Obama laying out the situation should have been very obvious right from the time it was announced he was going. I had CNN on the evening the story broke, and they said 1) he was leaving his campaign to go and see her; 2) she had been hospitalized and was sent home; 3) she is very ill.

Extrapolating from that, we know Obama isn't going to leave the campaign at this juncture to help nurse her over the sniffles, it must be VERY serious. People are generally at their worst when they're in the hospital, so why didn't he visit her then, why wait till she's sent home? About the only case where people are sent home and they're not better than before they were admitted is when there's nothing more that can be done, and they're essentially sent home to die, with their family around them. Especially common in the elderly.

Anyone with critical thinking skills should have been able to figure that out from the initial report. I guess the conspiracy theorists needed it spelled out for them, though.

The VP of Faux News himself said that this thing could end up being the nail in the coffin for McRage. Now, obviously, this isn't his fault, but when undecided voters who aren't psycho, far-right wing nuts see what his supporters are willing to do in order to incite fear and possibly, even violence, towards Obama and his supporters, well, I think they might be pushed even further from him. It might not be fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.:shrug:

When McCain wants to talk about other issues he will be forced to make a statement. You would have to be one psycho to put a knife to yourself and bash your eye. Is this person partially suicidal?

When McCain wants to talk about other issues he will be forced to make a statement. You would have to be one psycho to put a knife to yourself and bash your eye. Is this person partially suicidal?

Well, I don't think any mentally stable person would do that to themselves. Then again, as we've all seen there seems to be quite a few McCain supporters who are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Jeez, I didn't think this story had actually been more than a blip on the radar, but I guess it's even made it to the candidates themselves:

The report of the attack Thursday prompted the Republican presidential candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, to call Todd expressing their concern. Barack Obama's campaign also issued a statement wishing Todd well and hoping the attacker would be swiftly brought to justice.

:ohmy:

Here I am thinking that it's something that would be forgotten by day's end. I guess it still could be, but it seems to be picking up a little steam.

Guess I didn't watch enough tv today. :huh:

From what I'd heard they spoke to her before we found out she made the the thing up, right? That's understandable. Is there a story that says they spoke to her after the truth came out too?

No. I'm just...I don't know. I had some immediate skepticism yesterday. It just seems that they'll latch on to any negative thing they can relate to Obama, regardless of the veracity of the claim. You'd think that before they'd associate themselves with something this inflammatory (or, something that could backfire so soundly if it wasn't true), they'd make sure it was true before associating themselves with it. I guess I continue to give them too much credit, which believe me, is very little.

But....but.... diamond said he was 89-90% sure this story was legit.

I don't know which way is up anymore... :(

:lmao:

And really, what robber is going to stand there and carefully scratch something into someone's skin without cutting? Um, none. They'd be in too much of a hurry to get away, especially when it was in a public place.

Developing ...

Police sources tell KDKA television in Pittsburgh that 20-year-old John McCain campaign volunteer Ashley Todd has admitted to lying to them about being mugged and attacked by a man who carved a "B" into her cheek after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car. Todd is expected to face charges for the false report, according to KDKA.

From foxnews.

Really, a backwards 'B'

That she'll have on her face for quite some time.

Not only was the fictional attacker a "black man," but he was a "dark-skinned" "black man." Man, that's the worst kind! :happy:

John Murtha :applaud:

If you're looking in a mirror and not thinking it makes sense. No mirrors at an ATM that I'm aware of.

True, but she managed to take a picture of it after the fact AND upload it to the internet. At the very least:

Start> Programs> Accessories> Paint> Image...> Flip Horizontal

Come on now. She wasted the police department's time, McCain's time in putting out a statement and the entire country's time in her little stunt to make Obama supporters look bad. And if Matt Drudge wants a smidgen of credibility he should denounce this on his website as fast as he put it up.

I'm about ready to call this chick a terrorist for inciting fear of black people in the Pittsburgh area. Complete racist bullshit. This kind of garbage really pisses me off.
Do you know that my boss had this horrible macro up on his wall of Obama shining Palin's shoes? Yeah, everyone had a good laugh about it in the office until my boss' gun went missing and he had to call the cops to report it. I've never seen my boss run faster than when he ran into the office to yank that poster down because it was a black police officer coming in to file the report for him.
I wish his racist ass would have been caught, honestly.

Last edited:
Do you know that my boss had this horrible macro up on his wall of Obama shining Palin's shoes? Yeah, everyone had a good laugh about it in the office until my boss' gun went missing and he had to call the cops to report it. I've never seen my boss run faster than when he ran into the office to yank that poster down because it was a black police officer coming in to file the report for him.
I wish his racist ass would have been caught, honestly.

That is fucked up. Isn't there any workers' rights place he can be reported to?

That is fucked up. Isn't there any workers' rights place he can be reported to?

I've had several people tell me that I have a lawsuit if I want it, but I think frivolous lawsuits do more harm than good and seeing as how I will be quitting next week anyway (not related) I'm not going to bother even saying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom