2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11 - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #631
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that's because they're voting for Obama.
No, they are.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #632
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:48 PM
There's an e-mail being passed around that a Pennsylvanian judge ordered Obama to show his birth certificate to prove he was born in the U.S.

The fear of Obama becoming president has reached hysteria.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #633
ONE
love, blood, life

Did you notice that Sting disappears when his guys are losing? For example, McCain took a turn and boom....no Sting.

Go back to the Iraq war....when all the looting and screw ups were happening....no Sting.

Hmmmmm......

Just an observation.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #634
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
There's an e-mail being passed around that a Pennsylvanian judge ordered Obama to show his birth certificate to prove he was born in the U.S.

The fear of Obama becoming president has reached hysteria. :rollseyes:
I believe the case was tossed out of court.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #635
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

But there has to be SOME WAY we can stop the colored man from becoming president! For God's sake, he's an Arab no good Muslim who bombed us on 9/11. Isn't anyone paying attention??????????
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #636
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:48 PM
I was in a bar last night with a friend having a couple of beers. There was a guy sitting next to us, in a suit, having a drink, mumbling to himself, and shaking visibly. I wondered what was so terribly wrong that this guy was in this condition.
Then I heard him yelling to the bartender that he can't believe this country is going to elect a muslim, arab, n-word to the white house.
I waited to see if the bartender, an Irish guy, would say anything. He just nodded and said "I hear ya".

Racism. It's everywhere.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #637
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOFO View Post
I was in a bar last night with a friend having a couple of beers. There was a guy sitting next to us, in a suit, having a drink, mumbling to himself, and shaking visibly. I wondered what was so terribly wrong that this guy was in this condition.
Then I heard him yelling to the bartender that he can't believe this country is going to elect a muslim, arab, n-word to the white house.
I waited to see if the bartender, an Irish guy, would say anything. He just nodded and said "I hear ya".
Wow! This was in NYC???
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #638
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Wow! This was in NYC???
I think it could be anywhere. So damn depressing.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #639
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It was in NJ.
Northern NJ.
10 min. from NYC.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #640
Blue Crack Addict

Empathy and compassion are EVIL. I think they might even be Communist beliefs. Obama like the gay And the disabled too. Run for your lives!

CBS News

(CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO.) - Taking the stage as one of the pre-program speakers at a Sarah Palin rally here in Rush Limbaugh’s hometown, Sen. Kit Bond, R-Missouri, fired up the crowd by warning them about Barack Obama’s judicial philosophy.

“Just this past week, we saw what Barack Obama said about judges,” Bond said. “He said, ‘I’m tired of these judges who want to follow what the Founding Fathers said and the Constitution. I want judges who have a heart, have an empathy for the teenage mom, the minority, the gay, the disabled. We want them to show empathy. We want them to show compassion.’”

Bond then seized on Obama’s comments to Joe The Plumber, saying the Democrat wants to redistribute wealth.

“He thinks this country should be a government—not a government of laws, but a government of compassion and empathy, not of laws,” Bond said.

Bond was referring to Obama's answer to "Joe the Plumber's" question earlier this month "Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?"

"It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too," Obama said on Oct. 12 in Holland, Ohio. "My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

Palin is scheduled to take the stage in just a few minutes, but there are still thousands of people in line outside waiting the Show-Me Center.

After this event, Palin heads to Erie, Pennsylvania, for a closed national security roundtable and a rally. She’ll end her day with a rally in Williamsport, home of the Little League World Series.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #641
Blue Crack Addict

I was wondering...

about.com

Sep 7 2008

Can the winner of the World Series predict who will become President of the United States? If the American League wins, will that mean a win for Republican candidate John McCain? If the National League wins, does that mean Barack Obama will become the 44th president?

Until 1976, it appeared that the World Series was an accurate predictor of the presidential race. From 1952 to 1976, if the American League won the World Series, then the President would be a Republican. If the National League won, then the election would go to the Democrat. However, it all changed after that.

Previous to the 2000 election when George Bush beat out Al Gore to become the 42nd president, the World Series had incorrectly predicted the last three elections. However, with the Yankees (American League) win in 2000, the superstition held true. Bush won the election through the electoral college even though he was defeated in the popular vote.

Seriously, though, many Americans swear by patterns and coincidences to help them predict presidential elections. Other examples of 'predictors' from past and present years include the following:

* If the Washington Redskins win the week of the election, this means a win for the incumbent party. This has held true since 1936.
* Whoever's Halloween mask sells the most will be the next president. (If more kids want to be Obama than McCain...)
* When companies produce 'competing' products, whichever sells the most is supposed to predict the winner. For example, if a company has cups with images of Obama and McCain in 2008, the one which outsells the other would be a predictor.
* If the Dow Jones Average gains over the time from August to October, this predicts a win for the incumbent.
* If the Los Angeles Lakers win the the championship, then the Republican candidate will win.

Obviously some of these predictors have a greater basis in reality than others. While most people would say that the Lakers or the Redskins winning is more chance than anything else, the state of the economy does have a huge impact on the presidential election.

After all of these predictors, are we any closer to knowing who will win the 2008 election? As of this writing, no. What we do know is that the election will probably be close and will be hotly contested no matter what the outcome. However, one thing is fairly certain, at least for this year, John McCain will be rooting for the American League team and Barack Obama will be cheering on the National League team as the 2008 World Series draws to an end.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #642
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

* If the Dow Jones Average gains over the time from August to October, this predicts a win for the incumbent.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #643
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Do we agree that the candidates should be voted for on policy then?
Have you ever seen me argue anything different?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #644
Blue Crack Addict

Just don't know what to say about this..the music.. It's embarrassing.

YouTube - Preconditions
Old 10-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #645
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
John McCain has just announced he is now a Democrat.