2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Only if you're a conservative. If you're liberal then it's the other way around.
I'm no conservative, but that's not true. I see plenty of biases on television that touts to be "fair and balanced" and it's not just FOX. You have to vet your sources a little bit more carefully when it comes to the media. Some are more biased than others.

I, on the other hand, get all my news from Anderson Cooper because I like feasting my eyes AND my ears.
__________________

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Yeah, because we all know that he's stable! Maybe that's why he likes him....

stable as the San Andreas fault line...
__________________

__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #483
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
I think the point I'm trying to make is that TV, newspapers, magazines, movies, music, school have plenty of saturation in liberal bias.
I've already broke down this argument of yours several pages back... funny I never got a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Forcing talk radio to put more liberal opinions on is overkill. There's a hunger out there for conservative opinions because people want to see intellectuals who agree with them compete against liberals in the chattering classes.
This doesn't make sense. You say there is a hunger to be matched head to head yet you want your news sources to exist in a vacuum void of any dissent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Nobody believes that the Fairness Doctrine is going to be used to force conservative opinions on Oprah.
Well is Oprah really a political show


Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The reason I know I'm right is that the forum thread here would celebrate if Rush and Hannity were off the air.
This is how you know you are right about what exactly?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Interesting Demographics

Looking for the magic number 270? Turn your eyes to the state polls. - Yahoo! News
__________________
JOFO is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 07:36 AM
"Save that for your friends on the other channels, we don't put up with that here". Uhoh, laying down the smackdown (of course always being ladylike at all times by wearing a skirt)

YouTube - Megyn Kelly Loses It
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #486
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 08:36 AM
She just vented the frustrations of millions of Republicans. That's really all Fox News is anyway.
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
The reason they don't work is that most left leaning folks don't need a preaching to the choir environment, in fact we fear it...
I feel that the left is very conformist and when competing in the realm of ideas and don't like competition. Both the left and the right have think tanks and get their ideas by talking to each other and then disseminating those ideas via many sources. The left has the majority of TV, newspapers, schools, hollywood, music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Who said anything about forcing them off the air?
Talk radio for conservatives flourished after Fairness Doctrine was repealed. What happens with the Fairness Doctrine is that equal time with listeners would push people like Rush off the air because conservative views would have difficulty in being articulated if leftist activists can hammer the phones to drown them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
I'm not sure who you think is being a martyr...
YouTube - Rush Announces eBay Charity Auction of Harry Reid's Letter

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM43...eidletter.html

I'd like to thank some of the democrats who avoided signing the letter.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #488
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The left has the majority of TV, newspapers, schools, hollywood, music.
You just sound so paranoid. You sound like those folks who say the Jews own and run everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Talk radio for conservatives flourished after Fairness Doctrine was repealed. What happens with the Fairness Doctrine is that equal time with listeners would push people like Rush off the air because conservative views would have difficulty in being articulated if leftist activists can hammer the phones to drown them out.
Well if the host(Rush, Hannity, etc) had one bit of confidence in their stance and debating skills this wouldn't be an issue. You would still have the conservative voice running the show.

Honestly, I think the fear over the fairness doctrine is just another thing designed to rile you guys up, that's it.

Personally I think anyone who wants to consider themselves a legit news source should implement their own fairness doctrine and the government shouldn't be the ones deciding what's a "conservative" thought or what's a "liberal" thought, etc...

I hope you were kidding about the Rush being a martyr, if not that's pretty scary...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Overview: McCain Support Continues Downward Spiral

Just as ominous for the Republican candidate, Obama holds a 53% to 34% lead among the sizable minority of voters (15%) who say they have already voted. Among those who plan to vote early but have not yet voted (16% of voters), 56% support Obama, while 37% support McCain.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #490
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 01:36 PM
Nice!

You cannot be a Christian and vote for Obama

PALIN/HANNITY 2012!!!
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #491
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Wow, I thought this was going to be tongue in cheek... it's just fucking scary.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #492
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
seems a bit smug and tedious to point out the smugness and tediousness of others.
Tedium is induced by recalling instances of lefty consensus and when I do it I'm not wanking off 90% of FYM who like being described as freethinking individualists.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #493
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
"Save that for your friends on the other channels, we don't put up with that here". Uhoh, laying down the smackdown (of course always being ladylike at all times by wearing a skirt)

YouTube - Megyn Kelly Loses It
I lasted 3:48.

Anyone do better?
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 04:36 AM
I know every Z-list celebrity is coming out with their two cents these days, but I just had to post this here.

Remember Victoria Jackson? From SNL in the 80s?

Here's her website:

Victoria Jackson

And here's her two cents on Obama:

I don't want a political label, but Obama bears traits that resemble the anti- Christ and I'm scared to death that un- educated people will ignorantly vote him into office.

I don't need to give you a political label, dearie, but how about I label you as BATSHIT INSANE anyway?
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #495
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
And here's her two cents on Obama:

I don't want a political label, but Obama bears traits that resemble the anti- Christ and I'm scared to death that un- educated people will ignorantly vote him into office.
What. the. HELL?
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com