2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SHOCK: MCCAIN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH

is this true?

it's on Drudge right now.

<>

If it's true, that's horrible and sad, and I hope they're going to be okay.

Either way, I'm sure it will be blamed on all Obama terrorists supporters and not just a random act of violence done by someone with serious anger management issues.

If it's true, that's horrible and sad, and I hope they're going to be okay.

Either way, I'm sure it will be blamed on all Obama terrorists supporters and not just a random act of violence done by someone with serious anger management issues.

I hope the woman is OK, but the story smells odd to me. She claims the robber got mad after seeing a McCain bumper sticker and that's when he started to beat her, and then carved a 'B' on her face. But then she refused medical treatment... weird.

SHOCK: MCCAIN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH

is this true?

it's on Drudge right now.

<>

Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into Her Face - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Woman Attacked At ATM, Assailant Carves Letter Into Her Face
Woman Robbed, Attacked With Knife At Bloomfield ATM

POSTED: 4:03 pm EDT October 23, 2008
UPDATED: 4:30 pm EDT October 23, 2008

PITTSBURGH -- A 20-year-old woman who was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield was also maimed by her attacker, police said.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard tells Channel 4 Action News that the victim was robbed at knifepoint on Wednesday night outside of a Citizens Bank near Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.

yeah, this is clearly some sort of Democratic Conspiracy...

They're still pushing this meme!

WILLIAMS: Who is a member of the elite?

PALIN: Oh, I guess just people who think that they're better than anyone else. And-- John McCain and I are so committed to serving every American. Hard-working, middle-class Americans who are so desiring of this economy getting put back on the right track. And winning these wars. And America's starting to reach her potential. And that is opportunity and hope provided everyone equally. So anyone who thinks that they are-- I guess-- better than anyone else, that's-- that's my definition of elitism.

WILLIAMS: So it's not education? It's not income-based? It's--

PALIN: Anyone who thinks that they're better than someone else.

WILLIAMS: --a state of mind? It's not geography?

PALIN: 'Course not.

WILLIAMS: Senator?

MCCAIN: I-- I know where a lot of 'em live. (LAUGH)

WILLIAMS: Where's that?

MCCAIN: Well, in our nation's capital and New York City. I've seen it. I've lived there. I know the town. I know-- I know what a lot of these elitists are. The ones that she never went to a cocktail party with in Georgetown. I'll be very frank with you. Who think that they can dictate what they believe to America rather than let Americans decide for themselves.

People in NYC and DC, why do you think you are better than everyone else?

afiopadsiojfipuaefa

You are batshit insane. Beyond the pale of normal biggoted/miseducated/willfully ignorant people. You are incredibly offensive, and Phillyfan is right that shit like this should be worthy of minimum a warning and probably a banning. This isn't about supression of free speech - this has no foundation in fact. If I went on a rant to this scale about another minority/persecuted group (blacks, jews, etc) I would be banned.

Batshit. That is really all I have left to say.

People in NYC and DC, why do you think you are better than everyone else?

probably because i know things, and i respect and listen to other people who know things.

for example, i know what the job description is for the Vice President of the United States.

You are batshit insane. Beyond the pale of normal biggoted/miseducated/willfully ignorant people. You are incredibly offensive, and Phillyfan is right that shit like this should be worthy of minimum a warning and probably a banning. This isn't about supression of free speech - this has no foundation in fact. If I went on a rant to this scale about another minority/persecuted group (blacks, jews, etc) I would be banned.

Yeah I'll take my lumps. I used a worldnetdaily as a source and thought it was a normal news website but it's in fact a religious website. I already got a warning, and deservedly.

Certainly some of the pro-Ahmadinijad comments I've seen in the past would qualify in the insane category but the subject was dropped and people moved on. People make mistakes. I certainly did.

Like I said before I apologize to all those offended by the articles.

to be fair, we should probably say "The Mormon Church."

but it seems like they want to prove their status as True Christians the old fashion way -- through discrimination!

A big donor is also the Knights of Columbus

No shock there

They won't clean their own house but they're quick to cast the first stone in others'

A knife-wielding man robbed a Texas woman and etched a "B" into her face after he saw a John McCain bumper sticker on the woman's car, Pittsburgh police said.

Ashley Todd, 20, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in Bloomfield just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her, put a knife to her throat and demanded $60, police said.

Todd handed the man $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away from him, investigators said. The man then noticed the bumper sticker on the woman's car, which was parked in front of the ATM. The man became very angry, made comments to Todd about McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said.

The man then carved the "B" into Todd's right cheek. Todd, who isn't familiar with the area, drove to a friend's house nearby and told her friend she wasn't sure of the exact location where the robbery took place but remembered a green sign above the ATM. The friend called police and the officer met them on Cypress Street in Bloomfield, police said.

Todd's friend offered to drive her back in the direction she came from to look at ATMs until she found the right one, police said. A police officer followed until Todd pointed out a Citizens Bank ATM at Liberty and Pearl, police said.

Todd declined to comment. Friends said she is in Pittsburgh volunteering for the McCain-Palin campaign.

"We are aware that there was an incident and we are aware of the stories circulating on the Web, but the victim is very shaken up right now, and out of concerns for her privacy, we are not going to confirm if she works for us," said campaign spokesman Peter Feldman.

Police described the suspect as black, about 6-foot-4, and said he was wearing dark-colored jeans and a black undershirt.

The ATM has a security camera and investigators are trying to watch the video, police said.

Jill King Greenwood can be reached at jgreenwood@tribweb.com or 412-321-2160.

Thanks for the compasion Elevated U2Fan:up:

OK, re: diamond's wacky article, by purpleoscar's logic, all Obama supporters will rob you at the ATM and carve a "b" into your face.

That is actually a really good way to prevent bank runs :happy:

some interesting theories.

the Morman Church has apparently bankrolled a huge amount of the "Yes on 8" advertising and organization. some are speculating that this is a way of proving their legitimacy (the church itself, not individual Mormons) as "real" Christians to the larger white protestant evangelicals.

My neighborhood is littered with Chinese-made Yes on 8 signs. My neighborhood is also jam-packed with Mormons.

My dad finally found a No on 8 union-made, US-made sign and gave it to me.

Go No on 8 for keeping jobs in the US! :up:

OK, re: diamond's wacky article, by purpleoscar's logic, all Obama supporters will rob you at the ATM and carve a "b" into your face.

and for the record, were bulled over by your meekness and unsuprised by yours and others apathy.:up:

<>

cut.jpg

That looks like it hurts.

I hope the woman is OK, but the story smells odd to me. She claims the robber got mad after seeing a McCain bumper sticker and that's when he started to beat her, and then carved a 'B' on her face. But then she refused medical treatment... weird.

Believe it or not, I kinda feel the same way-but I can't believe this to be a Twana Brawley type made up story.

I mean if it is, the GOP will never recover from this.

That it happen last night and her eyes were blackened that quick, doesn't it usually take a few days to go from red to black eyes?

I'm 85-90% sure this story is legit.

She needs to go live and be interviewed and eat popcorn with Nancy Grace.

Seriously she should come out and not be a victim if this story is true.

<>

I believe I've already talked to everyone about dropping the subject as oscar has agreed to drop it himself. He has already been warned. Do I now need to start warning others about calling people batshit insane?

Usually freer thinkers than the Chinese!! :up:

I think the US owes China like 500 Billion right now.

Funny thing though is were enslaved to them now that we've been being propped up by them for so long, for helping the US fund all of her social programs.

<>

A knife-wielding man robbed a Texas woman and etched a "B" into her face after he saw a John McCain bumper sticker on the woman's car, Pittsburgh police said.

So what are we supposed to infer from this? That the attack was politically motivated? The theft of money was secondary to the political message?

Assuming the whole scratching the B on her face thing did indeed happen (I'm prone to be skeptical about that, unless I see evidence), does this mean that Obama's campaign was somehow to blame? Was Obama standing outside and failed to intervene, or to denounce the robber?

Uh, no. It was a robbery, perpetrated by an idiot. No more, no less.

Eta - just saw the picture above. But the rest of my post stands.

BUt in the picture, the B is backwards. It therefore may not even be a B, let alone have relation to Barack Obama. Where is the proof, or even any tiny shred of evidence that could possibly be proof?

And why "B" instead of "O"? Don't you think "Obama" would be the obvious choice over "Barack"?

I guess this idiot has already shown he doesn't have the best judgement in the world, so I suppose questioning his choice of initials is the least of our worries.

BUt in the picture, the B is backwards. It therefore may not even be a B, let alone have relation to Barack Obama. Where is the proof, or even any tiny shred of evidence that could possibly be proof?

Good point. Either the assailant is dyslexic, or he had her on the ground and was situated near the top of her head when he did it. :csi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom