2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny that diamond can say that his values are "peace, love, and honesty" and then turn around and say he's voting for McCain. Because McCain isn't really for any of those things, especially not the last one.

Where did you get the info ? Just curious.

The GROSS info comes from Billboard magazine's boxscore column. Each week, Amusement Business reports the top grossing shows around the world in Billboards Boxcore column. Also, Billboards year end reports and articles on the concert industry have reported the total gross figure.

The Cost info for the Vertigo Tour came from the Irish Times paper the week they played Croke Park back in 2005. There is also specific cost info for shows on ZOO TV and POPMART in Carter Alan's book "Outside Is America".

Contrary to popular belief in some circles, U2's POPMART tour grossed $171 million dollars and the band walked away with a $100 million dollar profit from that tour.

Oh and just to clarify, it's neither.

:hmm:

Considering that if ( and people have done this ) cut out all the references to Jesus's message of "helping the poor" The New Testament --
you end up with a "Swiss Chess" Holy Publication!!!

but most Republicans/Conservatives/ and Conservative Democrats < I won't forget them, either> try to wiggle their way out of that one!

:wink:

Ah, the good ol' Virginia GOP. They're going to get a rude awakening on my birthday...November 5th. When the rest of the country has moved on they'll be left in the dust wondering what happened.

I SSOOooooooo HOPE SO U2dem!!!:hug:

I'm thrilled to be acquainted with someone who's actually experiencing this possible shift in Virginia politics from the liberal/progressive side of the Polity!!! :hyper:

I think I've caught up now :crack: crack: crack:

:lmao:

:hug:S Lila64!

I actually come here b/c due to various circumstances i can't easily:( get in touch w several friends who I can discuss progressive politics with--

.....and I'mm soooo both :yikes: :crazy: and partly quietly confident that Obama & Biden WILL BE the Next President & Vice-President of our USA that I need a place to jump in and post once in a while, and not able to read every post b/c of time spent on other threads (tho I'm actually spending more time here in FYM right now ) & art-making happy duties* on these 'puters!

/AN ASIDE
*is a duty a duty IF you're HAPPY ABOUT DOING IT?:huh: ; )

ANYway I help blow off steam & angst here!
tho sometimes I aaarrrggg being here, too! :lol:

I do actually have a serious political/social topic to throw in on a new thread, BUT I have to type it up early, and I'm still working out the least verbage knowing that I DO go one at times !:blahblah: :wink:

Hopefully by the end of this geeral M-F workday week.
I've worked also as a freelancer, so I KNOW what a various hours/days work week <and weekends> looks like, too!

WTF is this thread about?

president-bush-scratch-head.jpg

Is this for real??? WTF!!!!!!
Any chance of this actually derailing Obama if/when he wins?????

Brother Vest,

This goes to show you the level and layers of corruption and collusion there are in the MSM.

Make no mistake about it.

I do not know how things will play out.

<>

Sorry, stopped at the opening, which had a link to a No Hussein.

Seriously, that he went up against a Clinton and won is evidence enough that we've seen any/all of the skeletons in his closet.

What part did you have trouble with?

Was it:

"No Smear, Just The Facts"?

For all we know the Clintons can be sitting on this lying in wait.

<>

perhaps timing is key..
If all this "birth certificate" stuff had any meat to it wouldn't we hear McCain and Palin screaming bloody murder over it??? Why haven't they brought it up??? You'd think if there was anything to this they'd be jumping all over it. No??

dear friends i do not mean to rouse you, but you fair minded folk don't want a cheater in the white house, correct?

why doesn't he just whip out his authentic American birth certificate and put an end to it?

many look stupider claiming Sarah Palin faked her pregnancy here.

<>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom