2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10. - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #946
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
If this is a minority opinion amongst some gays and there are gays that disagree with their opinion I don't mind hearing it. Enlighten me please!

it is.

you've been enlightened.

what kind of idiot would think that a single person who wants to have sex with underage prostitutes in Thailand speaks for millions of people?

you realize this is like thinking that Adolf Hitler speaks for all Germans.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #947
Blue Crack Addict

Rush Limbaugh is a hateful person and a sorry excuse for a human being. Thankfully he seems to believe in God and I hope for his sake that one does exist so that Rush's judgment day may go a little differently than he presently thinks.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #948
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Quote:
Hey tough guy. The article mentions that homosexuals are a small percentage of the population but seek under age encounters at a higher rate. I'm not saying you are doing this behaviour I'm saying that psychologists trying to defend this behaviour and the gay person on the second article I posted trying to find ways to catagorize under age sex in certain situations as not being pedophillia is a problem.

Shouldn't this get people angry? Isn't it a double standard? Why are gays cut this kind of slack? That second article I posted is from a homosexual. This is his point of view. It's infuriating!
The problem is you're taking the actions of an extreme minority in a group and ascribing it to the majority. It's a false equivocation to declare that homosexuality has no morality because of the actions of a minority, and you should know that. If you honestly believe that most homosexuals condone this kind of behavior, then the only conclusion I can come to is that you're a woefully misinformed bigot. I suggest you tread extremely carefully on this topic (or drop it altogether).
Old 10-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #949
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
The problem is you're taking the actions of an extreme minority in a group and ascribing it to the majority. It's a false equivocation to declare that homosexuality has no morality because of the actions of a minority, and you should know that. If you honestly believe that most homosexuals condone this kind of behavior, then the only conclusion I can come to is that you're a woefully misinformed bigot. I suggest you tread extremely carefully on this topic (or drop it altogether).
I agree it's a difficult topic but I've moved it so the people who want to avoid it can. The baldwin article I posted looked at intergenerational relationships as not a minority opinion of homosexuals and that it's a part of the culture. If that's a misconception I'm okay with people posting evidence otherwise. If I'm "ignorant" or "bigoted" remember that I'm allowing a full discussion with other points of view. It's hard to talk about a topic that is heated. That's why I was hoping to find some discussion with other points of view without all the F words and "who the hell are you" comments. I'll certainly drop it if the discussion can't be civil.

Thanks Diemen for your even handed approach as administrator.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...189980-28.html
Old 10-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #950
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:23 AM
I have to post this. This is so amazingly brilliant and hilarious. They all slipped back into those characters perfectly. Who knew that Andy Griffith is an Obama supporter?

Ron Howard's Call To Action from Ron Howard and Henry Winkler
Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #951
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I agree it's a difficult topic but I've moved it so the people who want to avoid it can. The baldwin article I posted looked at intergenerational relationships as not a minority opinion of homosexuals and that it's a part of the culture. If that's a misconception I'm okay with people posting evidence otherwise. If I'm "ignorant" or "bigoted" remember that I'm allowing a full discussion with other points of view. It's hard to talk about a topic that is heated. That's why I was hoping to find some discussion with other points of view without all the F words and "who the hell are you" comments. I'll certainly drop it if the discussion can't be civil.

Thanks Diemen for your even handed approach as administrator.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...189980-28.html

yes. let's have a civil discussion on whether or not jews drink the blood of muslim children.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #952
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Quote:
When you are essentially accusing members of our own forum of being sympathetic to child molestors, then I don't think it should come as a surprise that people take offense to that, and frankly that kind of accusation doesn't even deserve discussion. Rational discussion rarely persuades bigotted opinions.

Continued pursuit of this line of discussion will not be tolerated.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #953
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
When you are essentially accusing members of our own forum of being sympathetic to child molestors, then I don't think it should come as a surprise that people take offense to that, and frankly that kind of accusation doesn't even deserve discussion. Rational discussion rarely persuades bigotted opinions.

Alright topic dropped.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #954
She's the One

Local Time: 12:23 AM
Quote:

Thank you.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #955
Blue Crack Addict

The latest California Prop 8 poll is looking good. Keep it up guys!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #956
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The latest California Prop 8 poll is looking good. Keep it up guys!

some interesting theories.

the Morman Church has apparently bankrolled a huge amount of the "Yes on 8" advertising and organization. some are speculating that this is a way of proving their legitimacy (the church itself, not individual Mormons) as "real" Christians to the larger white protestant evangelicals.

why, you might ask?

2012!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #957
ONE
love, blood, life

SHOCK: MCCAIN VOLUNTEER ATTACKED AND MUTILATED IN PITTSBURGH

is this true?

it's on Drudge right now.

<>
Old 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #958
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
some interesting theories.

the Morman Church has apparently bankrolled a huge amount of the "Yes on 8" advertising and organization. some are speculating that this is a way of proving their legitimacy (the church itself, not individual Mormons) as "real" Christians to the larger white protestant evangelicals.

why, you might ask?

2012!!!
My big boy might go for it again?!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #959
Blue Crack Addict

What, the Mormons finally decided to stop hating on blacks so they need a new scapegoat?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #960
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
What, the Mormons finally decided to stop hating on blacks so they need a new scapegoat?

to be fair, we should probably say "The Mormon Church."

but it seems like they want to prove their status as True Christians the old fashion way -- through discrimination!