2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10. - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #886
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 07:22 PM
Most people are willing to overlook quite a bit in the interests of seeing someone from their party elected.
__________________

__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #887
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
i guess we're all dumb.

<>
With all due respect Diamond, if anyone condones this, they're not dumb, they're outright assholes.

How can anyone, ANYONE, make such an outlandish connection?

HOW?


I'm sorry, but if McCain's strategy works and Americans vote him iinto office based on these kinds of ads, I'm. fuckin.out.of.here.

The hell with this bullshit.
__________________

__________________
JOFO is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #888
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 02:22 PM
Don't leave! If everyone keeps leaving then this country is going to continue going to pot.
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #889
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I

Is this the kind of tenor people want from the President? Someone who freely questions the patriotism of millions of Americans? Someone who all but directly calls his opponent a terrorist, and is proud of that message?

Drive the back roads of Kansas and Illinois and Missouri someday.

It will scare the shit out of you.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #890
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 10:22 AM
My nephew showed me this tonight. Surely you've seen it before?

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #891
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Drive the back roads of Kansas and Illinois and Missouri someday.

It will scare the shit out of you.
?
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #892
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
?
There were billboards will pictures of babies with Bible verses railing on about abortion. As I saw these all over the place, I realized how conservative parts of America are and how they want the exact kind of president Diemen is describing. There was still a restaurant serving "freedom fries."

They do question people's patriotism the same way McCain and Palin are.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #893
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
It's not an artform. There are 2 sets of conservatives. In fact Rush could probably tell you more about the divide.
I know all about the divide, I even created a thread about it awhile back called "the fractured party" or something like that... I'm just telling you where the party mainly stands right now, and McCain may not be as neo-con as Bush, he's pretty damn close.


Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
So you approve of targeting young boys? You should be embarrased. The abuse in ancient Greece was institutional. Even parents were okay with their boy having men call on them and bring gifts. I'd rather be called a bigot and protect minors than feed them to the perverted wolves.
Are you serious? Are you this full of ignorance and bigotry to think homosexuals shouldn't adopt because they will target children? So by this logic straight men shouldn't have daughters, because if you are attracted to women you must be attracted to little girls. Don't tell me I should be embarassed, you sir should be ashamed...



Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
He wants to change that. If you don't believe that he's changed you may have a point.
I'm glad you have that much faith in him, I don't neither does the majority. The man is 72 and the only changes he's made recently are turning to and embracing the tactics he's attacked over the past decade, so if he's so quick to do that, I don't believe he's going to change this one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Now answer this question. Would Obama be better at dealing with lobbyists?
Well you are making a very complexed issue a very black and white issue, so your question doesn't really work. Lobbyists aren't necessarilly "evil", many do speak for the people and have done some good for this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
With the "fairness" doctrine maybe they won't exist:


What exactly is your argument against the fairness doctrine? Is it the same as Rush's which is his show wouldn't be the same because he couldn't dump every opposing voice that calls in? Rush doesn't like it because he says it will make his show "boring", but he's really scared that his audience will see his vulnerbilities...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #894
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
What conservatives should be more worried about is gay adoption and influence on children. Just read Plato's Symposium, and you'll know what I mean about fear of the older influencing the younger in relationships. They believed that young teenage boys were real sexy. There was no political correctness when Plato was around to censor that book.

um, what the FUCK?

(sorry i missed this earlier)
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #895
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 04:22 AM
If we want to go after the pederasts maybe we should focus less on leathermen and more on men of the cloth.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #896
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
If we want to go after the pederasts maybe we should focus less on leathermen and more on men of the cloth.


i know which of the two creams my Twinkie.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #897
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 04:22 AM
Why is it suddenly getting hot in here?
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:05 AM   #898
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
Why is it suddenly getting hot in here?

someone's lookin' mighty cute in them jeans.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #899
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 12:22 PM
Another former Republican endorsement:



































__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #900
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
I know all about the divide, I even created a thread about it awhile back called "the fractured party" or something like that... I'm just telling you where the party mainly stands right now, and McCain may not be as neo-con as Bush, he's pretty damn close.
Well a spending freeze certainly is not what Bush did. Unless you think he won't carry it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Are you serious? Are you this full of ignorance and bigotry to think homosexuals shouldn't adopt because they will target children? So by this logic straight men shouldn't have daughters, because if you are attracted to women you must be attracted to little girls. Don't tell me I should be embarassed, you sir should be ashamed....
Actually I was talking about the abuse of children, not adoption. Symposium is very clear and historians are very clear about how they looked at minors. If it's consenting adults then I don't care. What happened in Greece is not related to gay adoption. Not all gays have sex with minors but they do on a higher rate than heterosexuals do. I'm pretty sure that the ones who adopt aren't looking for quick sexual satisfaction but are trying to raise kids. I'm talking about predators, and the idea being pushed to lower the age of consent. The entire culture of western gays going to Thailand to screw minors is disgusting and I wish the gay community would be more outspoken against it. Laws should apply equally to gays and heterosexuals. If there's going to be equality for gays then they will have to stop advertising sex with minors.

http://www.mega.nu/ampp/baldwin_pedo...osexuality.pdf


Washington's Other Sex Scandal: - Reason Magazine

This gay guy thinks we should not name all under age sex as pedophillia. This is insane. You have to admit that there is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
I'm glad you have that much faith in him, I don't neither does the majority. The man is 72 and the only changes he's made recently are turning to and embracing the tactics he's attacked over the past decade, so if he's so quick to do that, I don't believe he's going to change this one bit.
That's not a good enough reason to support Obama. Especially after Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The main critics of those institutions were Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Well you are making a very complexed issue a very black and white issue, so your question doesn't really work. Lobbyists aren't necessarilly "evil", many do speak for the people and have done some good for this country.
Any president that wants to balance the budget will have to say no to a lot of them if they want progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
What exactly is your argument against the fairness doctrine? Is it the same as Rush's which is his show wouldn't be the same because he couldn't dump every opposing voice that calls in? Rush doesn't like it because he says it will make his show "boring", but he's really scared that his audience will see his vulnerbilities...
That's not his assertion. It's that by using the fairness doctrine the conservative point of view wouldn't get it's fair shake from bombardment from phone calls, and listenership chewing up air time. There are liberal talk shows and a largely liberal bias in the media even as it is so it's really just a veiled way for stifling the conservative media. I mean there is no way I could not know what the left thinks. With movies, TV, music, university, and books it's very easy to see. I'm okay with Oprah supporting Barack Obama. It's her show and she can do what she wants. If conservatives want to boycott it they can go ahead. I'm actually mistified that conservatives were surprised of her leanings. Isn't it obvious? Look at her "New Earth" campaign. It's the Oprah show. Will Oprah be forced under the fairness doctrine to give equal time to conservative views on all her points of view? I would love to see that. Maybe Rush can be a panelist for Oprah.

That's why we have televised debates. It's also up to people to compare views. Political views of both sides need lots of time to flesh out their opinions. Rush would be out of a job if the mainstream media did their job.
__________________

__________________
purpleoscar is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com