2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10. - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #766
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Ah, not the most respected of the Powell clan...
__________________

__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #767
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post


Voting for McCain.

<>
McCain accepts endorsements from un-American individuals?
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #768
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
McCain accepts endorsements from un-American individuals?


rumor has it his middle name is "Hussein"
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #769
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Ah, not the most respected of the Powell clan...
says who?

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #770
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 11:46 PM
is the McCain campaign conceeding New Mexico, Iowa, and Colorado!?!?

The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME

yet they think they can win PA?

very interesting. seems like they are giving up on young people, and targeting old people (with OH, PA, and FL having old populations).

this likely means more racism and the resurrection of Rev. Wright.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #771
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Oh no. CNN just reported that Obama's cancelling events and heading to Hawaii - his grandmother is seriously ill.


Eta - he's cancelling events for Thursday and Friday, and will resume the campaign some time over the weekend. Michelle will be filling in for him at some events.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #772
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Why does Juan Williams, a NPR Democrat and Af. American say that Powell's endorsement is all about race?

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #773
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 04:46 AM
I just read an article that said McCain is going to start bringing up the Rev. Wright stuff again, after he said it would not happen.

I guess desperate men will do desperate things.
__________________
JOFO is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #774
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,256
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Ralph Nader's been gathering a ton of attention lately and has been polling at over 5% in a few states. Some of the national polls you see actually count three of the minor party candidates (presumably Nader, Barr & McKinney) although they rarely report the percents for those three. Nader's definitely been netting a lot of ink lately and is on the NBC news special tonight. Would be sweet to have him get 1 Million votes while Obama slaughters McCain.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #775
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Why does Juan Williams, a NPR Democrat and Af. American say that Powell's endorsement is all about race?

<>
Was it Juan Williams saying that or was he just repeating the "scream of Rush Limbaugh", today, over the airwaves saying "let me repeat this, the Powell nomination (he got mixed up in his rhetoric)or endorsement, IT'S ALL ABOUT RACE".

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...gh-implie.html
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #776
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:46 PM
So Juan and Rush agree then.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #777
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
So Juan and Rush agree then.

<>
I can't say that because I can't find anything that that supports your argument that he, Juan Williams, said that.
I even watched some of Fox news round table yesterday morning, but I didn't see that part, if it was then. I was watching Meet The Press also..
soo please enlighten me..
was this on TV or radio or print
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #778
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 05:46 AM
^ It was on FOX News. Williams certainly didn't say "it's all about race"--he agreed that, from his POV, race was obviously an important factor in this endorsement because Powell is "the original crossover star," a senior black figure in US politics who at the same time "hasn't always had a very close relationship with the black community in terms of his legacy," and here we see him reaching out--and left--to the new most visible African-American politician, while at the same time underlining how he (Powell) feels the GOP has moved too far to the right. (Williams made almost the same remarks on NPR as well, in more detail and without the reporter leading him.) Rush's tack was, needless to say, quite different.

Williams on FOX

Limbaugh on Powell endorsement (Rush Limbaugh Show)

Williams on NPR
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #779
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Why does Juan Williams, a NPR Democrat and Af. American say that Powell's endorsement is all about race?

<>
I'm not sure why you're pushing this. We already know from multiple videos, interviews and articles that many of McCain's supporters are backing him simply because of race. We also know that many conservatives are backing McCain/palin simply because of fundamentalist religion. And we know that a huge factor in the selection of palin was her sex. Not sure why it's suddenly important to claim that the other guy has a backer because of a "card," too.

Except to try and diminish the importance of the fact that the nation's only near-universally respected military leader is backing the other guy.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #780
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 11:46 PM
So when Lieberman endorsed McCain was that because of race? Two white old men...
__________________

__________________
anitram is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com