2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10. - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #691
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,441
Local Time: 11:12 PM
I guess Powell found his balls and his conscience.
__________________

anitram is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #692
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,882
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Powell is the MAN!!!!
__________________

Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #693
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,891
Local Time: 11:12 PM


i hope Powell will be given the chance to atone for his participation in the Bush White House.

this is one step forward.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #694
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,891
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Powell is calling out the GOP on being racist xenophobes and for selecting Palin.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #695
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,882
Local Time: 10:12 PM
I do not believe he needs to atone. I believe he stayed as long as he could for the good of the country. I believe he was given the same bogus bullshit intelligence that the congress was. I believe he is a hero and needs to atone for NOTHING. Just because he endorses Obama, does not mean he is on the road to recovery.

The record shows he was a voice of reason behind the scenes.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #696
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,882
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Powell is calling out the GOP on being racist xenophobes and for selecting Palin.
No, he is calling out members of his party. He is still a member of the party. He is not calling out the entire GOP.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #697
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,441
Local Time: 11:12 PM
I believe Powell went along with some things despite huge doubts. I believe that on the inside he knew what he was doing is wrong. I believe he has major regrets about that and he will have to live with it.

Ultimately we are all projecting. I just think that he knew better and did nothing or didn't do enough. And has the conscience for regret whereas others don't.
anitram is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #698
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,891
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I do not believe he needs to atone. I believe he stayed as long as he could for the good of the country. I believe he was given the same bogus bullshit intelligence that the congress was. I believe he is a hero and needs to atone for NOTHING. Just because he endorses Obama, does not mean he is on the road to recovery.

The record shows he was a voice of reason behind the scenes.

it's less that he needs to atone and more that he wants to atone.

as he should.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #699
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,882
Local Time: 10:12 PM
STING ARE YOU WATCHING?????

THe war was about WMD>........
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #700
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,142
Local Time: 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I believe Powell went along with some things despite huge doubts. I believe that on the inside he knew what he was doing is wrong. I believe he has major regrets about that and he will have to live with it.

Ultimately we are all projecting. I just think that he knew better and did nothing or didn't do enough. And has the conscience for regret whereas others don't.
I agree with this assessment 100%.
U2democrat is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #701
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,441
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
No, he is calling out members of his party. He is still a member of the party. He is not calling out the entire GOP.
Actually he said "the PARTY" has moved too far to the right, as exemplified by Palin and that he wouldn't want two more conservative SCOTUS judges.

That was in addition to calling out specific members as you indicated.
anitram is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #702
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,635
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Powell is calling out the GOP on being racist xenophobes and for selecting Palin.

Yes, nice to finally hear a major politician basically say "So what if he was a Muslim?". I've been waiting to hear that...
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #703
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,142
Local Time: 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Yes, nice to finally hear a major politician basically say "So what if he was a Muslim?". I've been waiting to hear that...
I applauded at that point...and the story he told about the Muslim-American soldier who died was touching. You're right, it's refreshing to hear a major figure in American politics come out and say that.
U2democrat is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #704
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 11:12 PM
"But muslins are the enemy!1!!!!1!!!!1!1!!!!!"
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #705
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,882
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Actually he said "the PARTY" has moved too far to the right, as exemplified by Palin and that he wouldn't want two more conservative SCOTUS judges.

That was in addition to calling out specific members as you indicated.
actually.....I was referring to the xenophobe comment...In no way shape or form, did he do what Irvine posted.

Quote:
Powell is calling out the GOP on being racist xenophobes and for selecting Palin.
There is a difference between saying the party moved to the right and the GOP are are racists.

Sorry, but it matters to me.
__________________

Dreadsox is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com