2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 10. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #16
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOFO View Post
What's that smell?

Oh yeah, it's desperation......
There's a month to go.........it's an eternity in politics.

Obama has to be very careful, and not let up.
__________________

toscano is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,883
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
There's a month to go.........it's an eternity in politics.

Obama has to be very careful, and not let up.


yes, indeed.
__________________

Irvine511 is online now  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,142
Local Time: 02:57 AM
I'm so glad to see Biden back on the campaign trail...the man's on fiyah.

27 days out I'm feeling cautiously optimistic...
U2democrat is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Biden's speech at the Tampa rally was awesome. I that man.
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,142
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Biden's speech at the Tampa rally was awesome. I that man.



He really had the passion going...and man did he call out McCain-Palin on their BS...or Malarky as he puts it. I loved his line about McCain seeing the presidency slipping from his grasp. He's fantastic. (I highly recommend his book Promises to Keep for anyone who has an interest in politics. It's funny and fascinating.)


I hope I get to see him again before Nov 4.
U2democrat is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2democrat View Post


He really had the passion going...and man did he call out McCain-Palin on their BS...or Malarky as he puts it. I loved his line about McCain seeing the presidency slipping from his grasp. He's fantastic. (I highly recommend his book Promises to Keep for anyone who has an interest in politics. It's funny and fascinating.)


I hope I get to see him again before Nov 4.
As Jason Sudeikis as Biden said on SNL last week, "You just got schooled Joe Biden style."

ETA: Laura, I tried sending you a PM, but your inbox is full.
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,142
Local Time: 02:57 AM
OK it's empty, you can try sending me the PM again
U2democrat is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where the beer flows like wine...
Posts: 4,528
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Grandapa Walnuts

Last nights news had a story where a group of seniors were watching the debate, and asked to comment, they were saying McCain was too old....and they were really old.
Night & Day is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night & Day View Post
Grandapa Walnuts

Last nights news had a story where a group of seniors were watching the debate, and asked to comment, they were saying McCain was too old....and they were really old.
My papa and grandma are older than McCain (he's 85, she's 77) and they both think he's too old. Granted, they're voting for Obama and have almost always voted Democrat, so they wouldn't be supporting any Republican candidate any way, but when people older than you think you're too old to be president, it's a little sad.
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,735
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Maybe being that age themselves, they're more realistic about the stamina that the job requires, and an older person's ability to perform the task, as well as the likelihood of health concerns/longevity being an issue.
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #26
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,764
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Maybe being that age themselves, they're more realistic about the stamina that the job requires, and an older person's ability to perform the task, as well as the likelihood of health concerns/longevity being an issue.
Look at photos of Bush back in 2000




and look at him now. You can
see the toll that the job takes on you.



In fact, it looks like Obama has aged considerably,





at least to me,
since he launched his presidential bid last year.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,507
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2democrat View Post
OK it's empty, you can try sending me the PM again
splains why you ignored my last 10 pms
deep is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Maybe being that age themselves, they're more realistic about the stamina that the job requires, and an older person's ability to perform the task, as well as the likelihood of health concerns/longevity being an issue.
I think you're right. And the thing is, my grandparents are both in excellent health. If you looked at both of them, you'd guess they were in their 60s. That comes from not smoking or drinking, I guess along with their healthy lifestyle in terms of nutrition and exercise. They both walk a couple miles every day and ride their bikes as well, even a stationary bike in their basement in the winter. My papa has had diabetes for over 20 years now, but he controls with diet and a pill and has more energy than people half his age. My grandma has never taken any medication in her life and is the same way. I would say they're both in better health than McCain, and I think they have a better perspective on an elderly person being able to handle a job as stressful as the presidency.
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Look at photos of Bush back in 2000




and look at him now. You can
see the toll that the job takes on you.



In fact, it looks like Obama has aged considerably,





at least to me,
since he launched his presidential bid last year.
Nice deep impression. I'm still trying to figure out how President Clinton looks younger now than he did in 2000.
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #30
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,764
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Nice deep impression.
??































__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com