2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very jubliant, so I don't remember specifics, but he said something to Stewart, but I probably couldn't point it out unless I have video. I don't think it's up yet.

Ooh, really? There have been a few times he's been in Toronto that I've considered going. How much would it be?

If you can go - GO. Even if you don't like some of the content, he is truly a speaker and so intelligent. That hamster must be bloody exhausted all the time :cute:

PM on the way :)

Finally somebody in the US showed some brains. Good to see you have somebody who looks compitent in office now.

I hope he will take the motto of Yes We Can seriously and take it all the way to the limits.

I suddenly find myself very tired. Two small glasses of champagne and I'm out. What a lightweight!

Goodnight, everyone! It's been awesomely fun. :wave:

I don't know if this really means anything to anyone, but me and pretty much everyone I know have been following Obama for the past two years, and hearing his acceptance speech on the radio just then actually made me cry. The punch line is, I'm Australian. I feel like we're living a truly historical moment right around the world. Its pretty special to be part of it, even from a distance. Its historical, not just racially, but socially and politically. Record numbers of poeple, particually gen y, turning out to vote is a pretty amazing thing.

Amazing speech, from an amazing guy. I hope its not empty rhetoric, but even if it is, symbollically, I think he's the greatest thing to happen to the US since MLK.

Congrats, everyone....I just briefly fell asleep!

Epic & amazing night. :up:

I thought it was morning :wink: Nice to see you again :)

Night all, thanks for letting me hang out in here...I`ll be back in my hole tmw :)

Congratulations again, and Luna :wave: just reminded me I'm dying to find out the total vote count tmw :hyper: Something else to look forward to :D

The world gives you praise for making the right choice for the time.

Bring back some US respectability.

with these amazing images, spoken word and everything else. I am off to the land of nod with sweet dreams running thru my lil head..

nite all! :wave:

wouldn't of spent this nite with anyone else.:hug:

I haven't hit the pillow yet, but I know I'm waking tomorrow with a smile on my face and light of heart.

God blessed America!

All I can say is.....YES!!!!!

And I love the fact that I learned the outcome from Jon Stewart. :love:

Me too!

Problem is... I had recorded the last 30 minutes of the show, with about 1-2 minutes going over. I flipped the channel to CNN or MSNBC or something, and then came back to watch Stewart/Colbert. And then Stewart made the announcement, and that was the end of my recording. I'm re-recording it when it re-airs so I can see the whole ending. Then of course my phone rang a few minutes after 8:00pm with my friend in Utah celebrating!!! Yes, I shed a few tears too
tearsofjoy.gif
. I didn't have any champagne in the house, so I broke out some beer & pretzels.

Great acceptance speech - What a great great night!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

VP, we should be getting drunk together.
why are we not?

the world is cruel.

I know! Snow wanted me to come over tonight, you could have come too!

(I think she just wanted to mock my "enthusiasm" :angry: )

Alas, my once every 3 years cold decided to descend upon me today, so I've just been chillin' on the couch, taking it easy, even though I have celebratory rum on hand. :(

:applaud:

I managed to get away from my desk in the newsroom long enough to see the crowd in Chicago cheering like mad on TV when it was announced that Obama won. I missed his speech because I had to get back to work. I'll have to catch it on You Tube later. I don't think it has sunk in yet for me that it's really happened!

I don't see any point in going to bed anytime soon even though I have to be back at work at 9 a.m., I'm so keyed up and happy (not to mention on a sugar and caffiene high).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom