2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My eyes were dry until he echoed Dr. King's words. "We will get there. As a people we will get there."

That's when the tears came. It's been a long time comin'. A hell of a long time.

He echoed a lot of important speeches tonight, there was really something for everyone in there. I liked the JFK - service bit myself.

my Eyes Were Dry Until He Echoed Dr. King's Words. "we Will Get There. As A People We Will Get There."

That's When The Tears Came. It's Been A Long Time Comin'. A Hell Of A Long Time.

+1.

My eyes were dry until he echoed Dr. King's words. "We will get there. As a people we will get there."

That's when the tears came. It's been a long time comin'. A hell of a long time.

yes it has, been a hell of a long time.. :hug:

a truly amazing speech and a amazing man.. I think he is going to make one hell of a president! I am so very proud...

Thank you Chicago for not booing McCain. Granted, I'm sure there were some. And I know it is hard for your canidate to lose, but I thought the boo's at McCain's speech speak to the mirror I think the Republican party needs to look at... Terrible.

I thought Obama's speech was amazing. I think he downplayed himself enough to focus on what's ahead... I liked that it was somber and triumphant, and that he also reached out to those that supported McCain.

RIP Joe The Plumber- October 08-November 08.
His epitaph will read "HE COULD NOT EVEN CARRY HIS OWN STATE OF OHIO

:wink:

Most of the Obamas look like they're going to a funeral.

Well, they are in the next few days... Although it looked like most of them were Michelle's family, Maya and her family weren't there - I imagine she is taking care of the arrangements for their grandmother back in Hawaii.

It's nice to listen to a President who can orate again - that break since Clinton was dreadful, even though it provided me with a cardboard doll with stick on quotes I keep on my desk for entertainment :cute:

Can we borrow him? :(

I thought Obama's speech was amazing. I think he downplayed himself enough to focus on what's ahead... I liked that it was somber and triumphant, and that he also reached out to those that supported McCain.

The thing I noticed was just how nervous he was to start...then he got progressively stronger, and nailed it. You think about the great musicians, the great performers, that's a pattern they all share...that reach for something special.

He's light years ahead of George Android Bush.

It's nice to listen to a President who can orate again - that break since Clinton was dreadful, even though it provided me with a cardboard doll with stick on quotes I keep on my desk for entertainment :cute:

Can we borrow him? :(

I noticed the other night when he was with Obama in Fla that Clinton is still a compelling speaker.

Correct me if I'm wrong - once there is a president elect, he/she is required to be given certain intelligence and information about what is going on in the world that is also given to the president himself...technically between the election and the inauguration, the president-elect is supposed to have a certain modicum of input into the more big-picture decisions being made.

Frankly, I think that any outgoing president, knowing what the job is like(whether they were good at it or not), should do his/her level best to not do anything that is directly against the wishes of the president-elect in the interm between the election and the inauguration.

How amazing is it that we went from Bush to Obama?

It will be interesting to see what the history books say...

Now, that's REAL America!!!

I noticed the other night when he was with Obama in Fla that Clinton is still a compelling speaker.

I saw him at the JLC (RBC mini format) a couple of year ago and he was...amazing I guess, hard to describe. That fool McKay was on afterwards and it was sickening. Absolutely stomach churning, even the majority of Cons left it was that stark a contrast. He's back at the end of the month so I'm fighting with myself about getting a ticket - can't afford it but can't afford not to you know?

I saw him at the JLC (RBC mini format) a couple of year ago and he was...amazing I guess, hard to describe. That fool McKay was on afterwards and it was sickening. Absolutely stomach churning, even the majority of Cons left it was that stark a contrast. He's back at the end of the month so I'm fighting with myself about getting a ticket - can't afford it but can't afford not to you know?

Ooh, really? There have been a few times he's been in Toronto that I've considered going. How much would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom