2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Popular vote

Obama 50%

McCain 49%

that is terrible

that is worse than Bush in 2004 :huh:

I sure hope those Obama numbers go up.

prayrv9.gif

Better? :angry:

As the resident Fairfield County guy here, I'm not so much surprised that Shays lost, but it's the margin - he got a thumping. Things are changing even in Stepford!

I didn't mind seeing the flashy picture once, but people kept quoting it, so I had to keep seeing it! :mad:

But thanks. :heart:

Popular vote

Obama 50%

McCain 49%

that is terrible

that is worse than Bush in 2004 :huh:

I sure hope those Obama numbers go up.

It will.

Along with the fact that the west coast isn't included yet, you've still got actual votes being added in states already called for.

In NY, for example, it's only at 38%, and Obama is up by nearly 700,000 already. So it's not out of the question that Obama would double that margin before it is all said and done.

The popular vote takes longer and therefore is playing catch up to the electoral votes.

I'm already seeing the "world is coming to an end as we know it!" status updates from Republican friends. :rolleyes: Give me a break. In 2004, I was sad for a day and then I moved on.

So on the British news channels and the BBC, they're basically declaring it an Obama win without an actual, official declaration - what are the stateside press relaying? After the 2000 craziness, I doubt they're saying anything too firm yet.

My dad said that he heard when he voted early that the early votes are the first ones counted.

That could be true. I was surprised at the number of Obama supporters around me in line just before 7 this morning. Was good to have like minded people around. Even though I heard one guy further back say he was really scared, and I don't think he was referring to Obama loosing.
(my state is still ruby red.. and I'll never understand why???)

Wait till California...........

It will.

Along with the fact that the west coast isn't included yet, you've still got actual votes being added in states already called for.

In NY, for example, it's only at 38%, and Obama is up by nearly 700,000 already. So it's not out of the question that Obama would double that margin before it is all said and done.

The popular vote takes longer and therefore is playing catch up to the electoral votes.

Yes,

I figure the West Coast, CA, OR, WA will break big for Obama perhaps by 20%

and they are about 20% of the population.

So how much will Obama win by natinally?

4% , 5%, 7% isn't that what the polls have all said?

Was anyone all that confident in Kerry? I mean, the guy was as exciting as a bottle of ketchup.

I have a (friend) that works for Fox News.....
he says he's gonna move to the British Virgin Islands....
I told him to relax....
get out of Fox.....
but I felt like saying don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.......

I'm sure they have to at least wait until the pacific time zone polls close. Poor AK and HI will just have to suck it up knowing their votes don't count at all for the presidential race.

McCain's lead is back down to under 4000 in Indiana...chomping fingernails, pen, and paper between sips of wine...

C'mon, c'mon...we haven't gone blue since f***in' Lyndon Johnson!!!

Hm, interesting. I know they said Alaska's don't close until 1:00 am EST, so I wonder why Alaska gets to have the extra time but not Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom