2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that was weird. CNN just had McCain winning NM, now they just corrected it - the percentages given were way off between the two screens.

Now they're confirming they're calling Obama for NM. That was weird.

The college radio station I listen to just played Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin"

Seems pretty apt, huh? I got chills listening to it just now. It's a beautiful night. A night to remember. A night for Americans.

The numbers on CBC's website are WAY different than what they've got up on television. TV is showing 200-124 and their website (which seems to be a mirror of the Associated Press's map) shows 195-70. :huh:

I'm happy for you guys

last night (well, tonight as well), REM played here in Santiago.. and I was there... and they were happy to think and knowing that last night was the last night they'd play with W as president, and were hoping to have a celebration tomorrow night, that's it TODAY...

damn... I should've gone there tonight too... I'm sure they're kicking all sorts of asses tonight.. their show last night was amazing, even playing a song they hope never play again: Disturbance at the Heron House

damn... I wish I could be there tonight... I'm sure there'll be some champaign involved

The college radio station I listen to just played Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin".

Ooh, good idea. I have a Peter, Paul & Mary version that I adore. I'll dig that out.

KEXP this morning was playing a bunch of great tunes in honor of election day and positive vibes: People Have the Power by Patti Smith, Peace Love and Understanding by Elvis Costello, and then they even busted out the R&H live version of Pride, which stunned me. I bet the DJ got loads of hate emails for daring to play U2 on such an "indie" radio station. :lol:

For those interested in tearing themselves away from the talking heads and changing numbers, The Daily Show's election special starts in a few minutes. I think it's live across all the time zones. :)

Elizabeth Dole is giving her concession speech. She's making a point of mentioning that at the start of her campaign, they began by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, and yes, pledging allegiance to one country under God.

I see she's learned her lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom