2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some Chicago friends going to the Grant Park rally tonight. They did some campaign work and got tickets.

I haven't been able to get on the site all day...so this may have already been discussed...but that little clip of Obama casting his ballot with his wife and girls this morning made me teary eyed....and I can honestly say I have never felt teary eyed about ANY politician before EVER! GO OBAMA!!

I haven't been able to get on the site all day...so this may have already been discussed...but that little clip of Obama casting his ballot with his wife and girls this morning made me teary eyed....and I can honestly say I have never felt teary eyed about ANY politician before EVER! GO OBAMA!!
Michelle took FOREVER! But it was very sweet.

That lady is glowing. She looks radioactive.

She looks like the ghost of Obi-Wan in Return of the Jedi.

There's a pattern here...for the states for which everyone and their mother has known the outcome from day one(i.e. all of New England, New York, California, etc for Obama and Texas, most of the southeast, etc for McCain), they are projected as soon as the polls close. For the states that are tightly contested, networks won't call them for a good while. The lesson of the Florida debacle of 2000(referring to the networks calling it for Gore and then having to retract it) still has influence. It's going to be a while before they call Virginia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, etc.

ABC's coverage is hard to look at - they have a row for one state, president, and then another row beneath for a senate race, usually from another state.

It's not a good method for people doing drive-by viewing, like me.

ABC's coverage is hard to look at - they have a row for one state, president, and then another row beneath for a senate race, usually from another state.

It's not a good method for people doing drive-by viewing, like me.

Yeah, networks usually want you to watch them and only them all night...they don't bend over backwards to make their presentation more palatable for people that are going to change the channel in ten seconds anyway :D

I watch MSNBC.

It's pretty good actually, IMO.

I'd rather watch FOX than CNN.
PBS isn't covering yet.

edit* I actually watch anything thru commercials or sheer boredom.

I don't get MSNBC but I might switch to BBC or SKY cause CNN really is miserable, and I can get their info on the website anyway.

What's the recommended viewing channel so far? I'm taking a work break for the evening :shifty:

Honestly? They're all equally irritating.

False. MSNBC for the win. For a bunch of Obama lovers like us, there's no better.

Chris Matthews + Chuck Todd + David Gregory + Rachel Maddow + Keith Olbermann + Andrea Mitchell + Eugene Robinson + Howard Feinman + Harold Ford Jr. + etc etc = :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom