2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana still seems to be dead even, McCain with an advantage of maybe 1000 votes as 4% are reporting.

CNN.com has called Kentucky for McCain and New Hampshire for Obama. McCain leads 8-3.

Gotta go teach math now.

Indiana still seems to be dead even, McCain with an advantage of maybe 1000 votes as 4% are reporting.
Yeah but it all matters what parts of a state are reporting. poor (obama leaning) parts usually come in later, cause they count slower. Gary came in late in the primaries and was very very probama. I am swinging wildly from choking anxiety to wild optimism, currently I am optimistic that we will get a landslide.

Fox is actually showing some results from Maine and Indiana, which I hadn't seen earlier on CNN.

I gotta say, I'm feeling optimistic. Of course, that could have something to do with the fact that I'm on my second glass of wine, and I have Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid playing loud on the stereo, and One Day Like This is currently playing.

:up:

in the shower i was thinking i might be able to non ironically sing the "i'm proud to be an american" thingy

well I always liked "america The Beautiful, as the national Anthem

The other song I had in my head i:

"Save The Country" Laura Nyro

if any of you have never heard it...

pleaase try to find it on line

it'll make you cry...but if it turns out as most of us here HOPE it will......it'll make you cry happy tears.

it'll make you cry...but if it turns out as most of us here HOPE it will......it'll make you cry happy tears.

The song I have in my head recently is:-

Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell -Ain't No Mountain High Enough

I think it is appropriate somehow.

My mom always said she thought America the Beautiful would be a much better national anthem. I completely agree, but it is in no way my original thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom