2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling, watching him speak, that I'm watching something my kids will read about in history books. This one feels special. It feels like somethng's going to happen.

This crowd is unbelievable, people of every race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and socioeconomic status united and celebrating the victory of their new president. I have no words for the magnitude of this moment. This is the United States at it's highest moment. As one sign says "We Have Overcome".

I hate this smiley so, so much, but I feel I must use it:

:applause:

:clap:

... what the hell is that smiley called?

oh! :applaud:

This guy faces a mountain of issues, but he's got something truly special. I think it's a huge mistake to think that he attained this primarily from an outrage with previous wrongs...he's earned this thing.

If he truly believes his own speech, and can lead change so that America will once again lead though opportunity then he'll leave a legacy other than "it wasn't just more of the same".

It will take a long time but hopefully he gets to realize it, as does the country.

YES WE CAN !!!!

Its 6 a.m. and Europe is happy too

woke up once when it was 170:70
next time I wake up he has won :)

CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA !!!

You people sure can post!

Amazing to see Obama become president, that just showed a bit of his 'acceptance' speech here on Ch. 10, and I have to say, I've got a lot of admiration for the man. He seems like a great orator as well.

I also liked this:

washingtonpost.com
BARACK OBAMA, 44th president of the United States: Like so many millions of Americans, we savor the phrase, and congratulate the winner, and celebrate the momentousness of the occasion. It is momentous for the generational change it heralds, the geographic realignment it reflects and the racial progress it both acknowledges and promises. Most of all, Mr. Obama's victory is momentous for the opportunity it presents to put the country on a new and better path.

Nice touch. Let's hope Obama delivers and can live up to some of the hope that has been burdened upon his young shoulders.

He is at 338 votes now.

He will carry either or both IN and NC

then he will have over 340 electoral votes.

so my prediction was right

If he truly believes his own speech, and can lead change so that America will once again lead though opportunity then he'll leave a legacy other than "it wasn't just more of the same".

It will take a long time but hopefully he gets to realize it, as does the country.

:up:

I'm so proud of my neighbours to the south right now...including you guys! :wink: This is the America that was waiting to surface in the midst of a parade of idiots in Washington.

The politics of fear have hit the highway...that's an amazing change of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom