2008 GOP convention in Twin Cities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm:

is there an expected terrorist attack on Minneapolis in 2007? gotta have something to exploit ...

(kidding! kidding!)

U2democrat said:

:lol:

I can't say much because if I were in a building with thousands upon thousands of Democrat politicians...oh good lord...just the thought...:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
I hope every one of those drools was directed at Howard Dean. He says what's on his mind as any honest politician should.

Last major politcal convention in the Twin Cities was in 1892 (Harrison was nominated).

Nice strategic move for the GOP. Minnesota has been such a left-winged state for so long with great Democratic leaders like Humphrey, Mondale and Wellstone. But as the state's population has grown, so has its conservative base.

Wish it was the DNC instead....but it will be a good thing for the city.

I believe they will have to truck/fly/boat in the hookers, much like they had to do for the Vikings and their little boat cruise last year! :D

The republican party was VERY different at that time...same with the Democratic party...if I were alive in 1892 I doubt I would be a Democrat (at least not in the south).

I was in NY for the last GOP Convention. Had a night on the town with a few young Republican delegates from Texas & Arizona. Great guys, loads of fun, but my goodness their view of virtually everything was scary.

Max, I have been thinking seriously about relocating to the Twin Cities area. Good choice?

U2democrat said:
Y'all should come to Virginia, you get some snow in the winter and nice hot summers, the best of both worlds :wink:

i can't STAND the summer's in DC/NoVA -- my new england blood and hearty constitution weren't made for such things.

however, actually having a spring (!!!), and that spring starting in early April, almost makes up for it.

almost.

Bluer White said:
Max, I have been thinking seriously about relocating to the Twin Cities area. Good choice?

I love living here. Mpls/St. Paul has one of the highest educated populations in the nation. The arts have a fantastic presence here (theater especially) and the music scene is fabulous. Great hospitals, the U of M is one of the top 3 research schools in the world, and Minneapolis was ranked the number one most technologically advanced city a year or so ago by Popular Mechanics. Strong economy, good job market, a lot of Fortune 500 companies have their world headquarters in the area (Target, Best Buy, 3M, General Mills, etc.) Great public transport system. Lots of beautiful lakes and parks in the city. Pretty competitive pro sports teams (Go Twins!). People are friendly.
The winters are really hard and even after living here for 26 years I always threaten to move mid January. But, Spring, Summer, and Fall always make up for Dec.-March.

So that's my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom