2006 Victorian State Election - Bracks Vs. Baillieu - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:29 AM
2006 Victorian State Election - Bracks Vs. Baillieu

For anyone who might care the slightest.....

Everyone seems to reckon Bracksy will win it easy, but I reckon the Toorak Toff might pull off a surprise come November whatever-the-date-is.....

Terry Mulder announced today that the not-so-Liberals (at least at federal level) wanna extend the railway system down to service the huge urban sprawl that is happening down Cranborne way....good move and long overdue....

Baillieu's free transport for schoolkids is a little sad...can't be bothered with that...what about tertiary students who need it more....

No one has proposed a railway line that unprecedentedly runs from the North East and down through to the South East...if anyone proposes this, they've got my vote.....if no one does, I'm votin' Green...

Old 11-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
The Fly

Thanks for the details intedomine. I've been living in Brissy for the past three years, but I grew up in Melbourne and will forever consider myself a Melbourne girl, and I like to keep myself informed of what's happening in the cultured state!

What's Baillieu like as a guy? I was still there during Napthine and then Doyle, and by god they were terrible!

It's the same here in QLD - the libs/nats coalition have been/are still a mess personality wise. But then there's our grinning idiot premier...really, it's just all bad isn't it!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Cass85

What's Baillieu like as a guy? I was still there during Napthine and then Doyle, and by god they were terrible!

It's the same here in QLD - the libs/nats coalition have been/are still a mess personality wise. But then there's our grinning idiot premier...really, it's just all bad isn't it!
Baillieu actually seems like a really nice guy and not in the same vein as the ultra-conservative federal leaders like Howard and Abbott. He is Pro-Abortion and doesn't have a problem with gay marriage.

Doesn't seem all that at ease when confronting the media, and I reckon that might play against him.

He's very much a silver spooner, but in reading an article about him a few months back, it seems as if rather than having hardline Liberal Party values, he kind of just got ushered into membership of the party...

I do honestly believe that he'd do what he geuninely thinks is best for Victoria, problem is whether he is capable of actually fulfilling his promises and goals and whether he could ever really understand and empathise with people who are from a not-so-esteemed and privileged background...

He doesn't really seem like a politican, mind you, that's probably an excellent reason to vote for him....

Doyle and Napthine, I agree, both seemed like the most dreadfully stubborn and uninspiring of characters....