2005 Election results!! post your thoughts here -> <-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:

It's the price if you want to continue to own the Democratic controlled legislature.

these claims are a bit silly

Arnold campaigned against Dem. Gov. Grey Davis because of his continuous fund raising

and then when Arnold got in office he raised money faster and in greater amounts than Davis did.

Arnold went from being above 60 % in the polls to below 40% because he campaigned as a moderate
and once in office moved to the right.

The California governor, looking tired, held one of his infrequent news conferences after voters rejected all eight initiatives offered on Tuesday in a special election he called to advance what he called "the year of reform."

"If I would do another 'Terminator' movie I would have Terminator travel back in time and tell Arnold not to have a special election," the former action film star joked. "I should have also listened to my wife who said don't do it."

Schwarzenegger's wife is Democrat Maria Shriver, niece of former Democratic President John F. Kennedy. She did not campaign with her husband as she did when he was elected in a special recall election two years ago.

The celebrity governor's tone was more subdued than in the past as the Republican stressed he would work patiently with Democrats in governing the state. He also offered some rare introspection about his personality.

"I operate with a different mentality than most people do, which is that I am very forceful and inpatient. I always have mapped out my entire life a program and a work schedule and also a schedule of when I want to accomplish things," he told reporters. "And I always, you know, was successful with that, and with tremendous amount of determination and with tremendous amount of will."

"So here in this capital and in this job as governor... I think you have to be more patient," he said. "I recognize that now, more so than I did before."

Only 947 votes seperate the two candidates in the attorney general's race here...the state is required to do a recount. Creigh Deeds is my guy and he's down...may they find 1000 more votes for him!!

nbcrusader said:
It's the price if you want to continue to own the Democratic controlled legislature.

What a laugh, considering Arnold's proposals to weaken the Democratic legislature were very similar to how Ohio Democrats' proposals to weaken the Republican legislature. They equally failed at the polls.

The moral of the story is that if you want change, you have to do it the old fashioned way.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom