2000 or 3000 dead - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2003, 06:00 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: full of sound and fury
Posts: 3,386
Local Time: 03:52 AM
Holy crap, that cartoon is spot on. What a genius.

foray
__________________

__________________
foray is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #17
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 09:52 AM
This is pretty crude but uses official sources. It hasn't been updates yet for Sun. & today.

http://www.iraqometer.com/
__________________

__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Cost per taxpayer: $ 1125

Not bad at all. How do they measure that? Anyway, I am pretty sure every American agrees that homeland security is ten times worth it, or what do you think?
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #19
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 09:52 AM
I don't think the loss of human life is worth the supposed homeland security.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 12:30 PM   #20
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
I don't think the loss of human life is worth the supposed homeland security.
I would love to see you say this to Mr. Ritter's Wife.

I don't put a price tag on Liberty.

Mr. Pink
__________________
"When People Feel Uncertain, they'd rather have somebody who is Strong and Wrong than somebody who is Weak and Right."

--Bill Clinton
Lemonite is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 05:00 PM   #21
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
I don't think the loss of human life is worth the supposed homeland security.
were you also critical of the sanctions??..just curious...I'm trying to gauge how ppl who weren't necesarily against sanctions feel abotu this war



on another note I think that we all seem to only count the number killed and tend to gloss over "injured"


but a lot of those casualties are ppl who lose limbs, hearing eyesight etc etc...which is a shame but a reality of the situation.
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 08:27 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V


were you also critical of the sanctions??..
The sanctions weren┤t that expensive though. 1125 $ in two weeks, thats around 30k per taxpayer per year. All this money for killing people, well... if American taxpayers have nothing better to do...
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 10:23 PM   #23
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars


The sanctions weren┤t that expensive though. 1125 $ in two weeks, thats around 30k per taxpayer per year. All this money for killing people, well... if American taxpayers have nothing better to do...

I think your right ..the money for inspections came out of iraqs oil for food program.

hip hop I take it then that you really didn't mind the sanctions?



I'm just curious if people who are against this war were also against sanctions.
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 04-07-2003, 11:12 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite
I would love to see you say this to Mr. Ritter's Wife.
Because Mr. Ritter's wife is more valuable than an Iraqi mother, right?
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 04-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #25
Refugee
 
Klaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Posts: 2,432
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V


were you also critical of the sanctions??..just curious...I'm trying to gauge how ppl who weren't necesarily against sanctions feel abotu this war
I think Sanctions are a possibility but the way our western nations f***ed it up...

2 examples:
- a UN member didn't allow import of eggs because they were dual use?! Later they found out that he wanted to raise presure on Iraq to import food from his country instead
- another UN member gave the control for speading food to the Iraqi government.
This f***ed up the situation completely, so there was only one monopole for food distribution, the dictator who should be weakened - "great" idea

->If some of that nations wouldn't have been as selfish as they behaved the sanctions could have worked.

Klaus
__________________
Klaus is offline  
Old 04-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #26
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus


I think Sanctions are a possibility but the way our western nations f***ed it up...

2 examples:
- a UN member didn't allow import of eggs because they were dual use?! Later they found out that he wanted to raise presure on Iraq to import food from his country instead
- another UN member gave the control for speading food to the Iraqi government.
This f***ed up the situation completely, so there was only one monopole for food distribution, the dictator who should be weakened - "great" idea

->If some of that nations wouldn't have been as selfish as they behaved the sanctions could have worked.

Klaus


hmm interesting ...I'll have to research this more
__________________

__________________
V Nura is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright ┬ę Interference.com