2% ... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2005, 02:46 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:39 PM
2% ...

... of African-Americans approve of Bush.

by far, in the minds of african-americans polled, worst. president. ever.

and look at these other disasterous poll numbers:

Quote:
Bush popularity keeps dropping
13/10/2005 08:11 - (SA)

Washington - Support for the majority Republican party in the United States is sagging as President George W. Bush's popularity continues to slide, according to a poll released on Wednesday.

A plurality of Americans, 48%, said they would prefer the Democrats to control Congress compared to 39% who want the Republicans in power, said the poll commissioned by United States television channel NBC and the Wall Street Journal.

The gap between the two parties was the largest recorded since the NBC/Journal poll started asking the question 11 years ago.

The Republicans hold a majority in both houses of Congress and face mid-term elections next year amid growing public concern over the war in Iraq and high energy prices.

The poll showed Bush's approval ratings dropping to 39%, the lowest of his presidency in the NBC/Journal surveys. Other polls have shown a similar decline with Bush's ratings falling below the 40% threshold in recent weeks.

Anxious about Bush's plunging poll numbers, Republicans in Congress have begun to break ranks and defied the White House on important issues.

The poll also revealed overwhelming opposition to Bush among African-Americans. Only two percent said they approved of his performance as president, the lowest level ever recorded in that category, NBC television reported.

According to the survey, US voters are anxious about rising gas and energy costs, with a majority saying they expected prices to increase further.

Investigations of prominent Republican lawmakers also appear to pose a threat for Bush's party.

Sixty-five percent said charges against Bush ally and former majority leader of the House of Representatives, Tom DeLay, suggested potential illegal activity.

A majority of 57% said an investigation into possible insider trading by the majority leader in the Senate, Bill Frist, indicated possible wrongdoing.

The poll, based on interviews with 807 adults, was conducted between October 8 and October 10 and had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...816160,00.html

Old 10-13-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

shocking

Old 10-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:39 PM
I'm surprised it's that high.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:39 PM
That's a really significant drop.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I'm surprised it's that high.
Maybe some of Condi's relations were included in the sample, thus producing a distorted result.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
The Fly

you guys are hilarious. i see the same couple of people talking about the same subj every day. i truly believe you enter bush's name into google and find the worst story you can find and post it. we get it, you dislike him. does it make you feel better to rag on the president? because thats all you do. channel your rage into something good...go make a difference.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
channel your rage into something good...go make a difference.

Hmm...make a difference. So if I didn't like Bush, making a difference would mean trying to convince potential swing voters to vote against him/the Republican party in future elections.

Now let's brainstorm ideas for how we can do this:

OOh ooh...i got one! Find a forum that deals with politics and make threads that have information that could shape people's political views.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:27 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

You gotta love polls. I can't stand Bush, either, but obviously polls don't mean much when he gets re-elected. And since he isn't running again, it doesn't really matter what people think anymore. The only thing it does is possibly affect how the Republican party will do in the midterm elections next year, but that's a year from now.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:31 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

everyone knows that the only poll that matters was the 2004 election. the american people gave president bush a mandate. if the country really felt so anti-bush surely they would have voted another candidate into office.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:34 PM   #10
The Fly

thats great, but you forgot to read my opening line, its the same couple of people talking about it. you're not making a difference. go out onto the streets and say what you want instead of telling your three best internet friends.

its ok to say your opinion, but its so one-sided all the time. take a look at the dem side once in a while and write something similar. oh, but you would never do that because you don't want the landslide of swing voters hanging out at a u2 website to read that.

so you don't like Bush, fine, but go make a difference like I said. I'll listen to you speak if you come down here to Times Sq. or better yet Union Sq.

This is when you say, 'but there is so much to rag on.' im just guessing the predictable answer.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #11
War Child

Quote:
thats great, but you forgot to read my opening line, its the same couple of people talking about it. you're not making a difference. go out onto the streets and say what you want instead of telling your three best internet friends.
Good point.

Most of the anti-bush rhetoric on this board ammounts to nothing more than preaching to the choir.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:06 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

its ok to say your opinion, but its so one-sided all the time. take a look at the dem side once in a while and write something similar. oh, but you would never do that because you don't want the landslide of swing voters hanging out at a u2 website to read that.

so you don't like Bush, fine, but go make a difference like I said. I'll listen to you speak if you come down here to Times Sq. or better yet Union Sq.

This is when you say, 'but there is so much to rag on.' im just guessing the predictable answer.

you should pay more attention to what goes on in here.

and if you find it so one-sided, fight back.

and, no, i didn't google the worst story -- this 2% is a *big* deal, historical even, and is in all the major blogs today.

perhaps if you knew more about politics you'd be able to place this into a deeper, more comprehensive context and not dismiss it as simple negativity?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #13
The Fly

thats just it, my friend. thats all you write about is negativity. please cast that light back on yourself. you seemingly search for negative Bush stories and post them on this board and talk about it. Who is being negative?

Funny, I don't ever see you writing or posting anything positive? Has Bush ever done anything positive in your opinion? I am willing to bet you think he has.

I challenge you to find a positive story about Bush and let's have that conversation.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #14
War Child

I'm going to search for "positive" Bush stories, right now...will come back if I find one.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #15
The Fly

haha, the predictable response.

you have no idea how happy i am to have read that response. just cements things.