18 months and counting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
Two and a half years ago I posted my thoughts on Bush's reelection and got (amongst many many others) the response cited below.

I wonder how many of the people who posted then think that the world is a better place because of the actions of the halfwit US President in the intervening 30 months?

American foreign policy in the Middle East has been disastrous, thousands of British, American and Iraqis who would otherwise have lived have died, and America's name has never been held in lower esteem in the rest of the world. Fact.

Ronan

RESPONSE ( see "Appalled by 51% of Americans" thread 11/2004)

MadelynIris
War Child
Premium Member

Local time:
03-13-2007 06:50 PM

11-03-2004 01:15 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Face it:

You guys think you know Bush, but you don't know him as well as we (the americans) do.

We voted for him because our values align with his.

It's that simple.

He is not a bigot, we are not bigots.
He kicked some ass when we were attacked, and we liked it.
We voted him back in because we like him.

We are not warmongers, but we are the most powerful nation in the world. The attacks required a shift in policy and we made that shift. We are going to be in Iraq and Afganistan for 20+ years trying to stabalize, and democracize the area.

This is what we voted for. This is who we are.

Mark

http://www.myspace.com/madelyniris

I don't really see the value in starting a new thread just to single out one member's two-year old post. If you would like to discuss US standing in the world or Bush's foreign policy, then you are welcome to open a discussion on that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom