15 years ago today......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
August 2, 1990

Saddam Hussian ordered two Republican Guard divisions over the border into Kuwait. The two Guard Divisions siezed the entire country in 12 hours.

Shoes on the other foot now....Kuwait is being accused of transgressing into Iraqi territory.

financeguy said:
Shoes on the other foot now....Kuwait is being accused of transgressing into Iraqi territory.

I'm sure Saddam will talk about this at his trial. The two things are not even comparable.

STING2 said:

I'm sure Saddam will talk about this at his trial. The two things are not even comparable.

Yeah, Kuwait is, I'm sure, a shining example of human rights to the rest of the world. (sarcasm intended)

financeguy said:

Yeah, Kuwait is, I'm sure, a shining example of human rights to the rest of the world. (sarcasm intended)

When was the last time Kuwait invaded and annexed another country? When was the last time Kuwait used WMD against another country? When was the last time Kuwait murdered 1.7 million people?

Once again, the two are not even comparable.

Kuwait is too busy oppressing its female population to invade other countries.

anitram said:
Kuwait is too busy oppressing its female population to invade other countries.

No doubt, Kuwait like other Arab countries has a way to go when it comes to human rights, but this pales in comparison to what Saddam did on August 2, 1990.

I can't believe people would prefer to try and dig up dirt on Kuwait given the tragedy that occured to this country from August 2, 1990 through March 1991.

STING2 said:

No doubt, Kuwait like other Arab countries has a way to go when it comes to human rights, but this pales in comparison to what Saddam did on August 2, 1990.

I can't believe people would prefer to try and dig up dirt on Kuwait given the tragedy that occured to this country from August 2, 1990 through March 1991.
Because every story has two sides,...i don`t need propaganda.

STING2 said:

What's more when some dig up dirt on Kuwait, they also give a form of accreditation to Saddam's invasion. Which is what they want to do. It's moral relativism at it's best.

Sonoftelepunk said:
What's more when some dig up dirt on Kuwait, they also give a form of accreditation to Saddam's invasion. Which is what they want to do. It's moral relativism at it's best.

Tripe. Complete and utter.

Back
Top Bottom