$15,000 for a Play Station 3?!?!?!? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 12:11 AM
I had heard ebay had banned the sale of these things due to this type of price gouging. Maybe the local radio DJ who announced that 'news' yesterday when I heard it was only trying to give heart attacks to all those who sat in line for days. I really wish someone would stop this type of profiteering and taking advantage of people who cannot spend 3 days camped out at Circuit City.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Butterscotch
I had heard ebay had banned the sale of these things due to this type of price gouging. Maybe the local radio DJ who announced that 'news' yesterday when I heard it was only trying to give heart attacks to all those who sat in line for days. I really wish someone would stop this type of profiteering and taking advantage of people who cannot spend 3 days camped out at Circuit City.
How is it taking advantage of people? If you want something bad enough, then you'll get it by any means necessary. Knowing that they are people out there would pay thousands of dollars for a PS3 only encourages people to wait in line just to sell it. For a lot of people, it would mean making more money than 2 or 3 days of working. I'm not defending the people that are only in it to make money, but the people paying these outrageous sums of money are the real idiots and the ones would should be stopped.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Maybe they shouldn't be stopped and be free to sell or buy as they please. If it is a mutually agreed transaction then whats the issue; the extra 1400 dollars is just for bragging rights.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

I heard this morning that one went for $6,000.
I really think the whole thing is disgusting.
IMO - I couldn't justify spending $ on the system.

I wouldn't even allow my kids to put it on their christmas lists. I explained to them that they have PS2 and that spending that money on it would buy sooooo many other things for needy people.

I sound mean....but I truly believe its wrong to give a child a $600 toy.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
I don't think you sound mean I couldn't see myself buying my children a toy that expensive.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER

You don't sound mean at all! We never had these games as kids, so we never even thought to ask for one. I think we turned out all right, so my future kids won't have them either, at least not until they are old enough to buy their own.

With the X-Box 360, my friend won one from the Mountain Dew promo and sold it for like $600 to someone that just HAD to have it.

My husband is into gaming, but he never gets these new systems because not only are you spending a month's rent on a TOY, you have to buy all new games!
Old 11-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #22
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Are people's lives so empty that they will pay $1000's of dollars and become violent over a game system that will be cheaper and more available in a few month's time?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Absolutely insane.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #24
War Child

It's terrible that the lure of the huge profit will make people do drastic things like camping in line and taking them away from people who want one so that they either do without or have to pay outrageous prices. When most of the people there don't actually want the product but are buying it to hike up the price to others, it is unfair to those who really wanted one but didn't get to buy one because some greedy loser with no job who had several days to rot away in line got there first and took the spot. In general I am against any scalping of this type. And yes, I do know some guys who were guilty of this.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 10:41 AM
If any of you had a PS3, you and especially me would put it on ebay and sell it for as much as possible. Comeon! Like Wanderer said it's a mutually agreed transaction, both parties gain.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 08:11 PM
I have a question, maybe someone here can explain it to me.

If a store has about 100 consoles for sale only, why would there be a line of 100+ people waiting? I mean, those first 100 people know they are guaranteed a console if they are let in two at a time, but what about the people after the first 100?

I never can understand that, unless they're praying for a small miracle of the 101st console suddenly popping out of thin air to be sold.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

hoping that someone's credit card gets declined
Old 11-18-2006, 10:52 PM   #28
Refugee

Yeah, but if you're like someone that's in the middle of that line, you really won't get much of chance of that happening, right?

The whole ordeal seems crazy to me anyway in the first place lol.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:53 PM   #29
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Sevikins
IIf a store has about 100 consoles for sale only, why would there be a line of 100+ people waiting? I mean, those first 100 people know they are guaranteed a console if they are let in two at a time, but what about the people after the first 100?
With the PS3, try stores with 8 consoles or less. In other words, those after the eighth place in line were out of luck.

That's what makes all of this so incredibly silly. Of course, most people don't pay that close of attention to these details, and, instead, pay attention to the console release date.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, when PS2 came out, we told everyone we only had 8. And those 8 were for pre-orders. WHY people with preorders felt it necessary to line up, I'll never know. But they did, and so did many other random people. I guess maybe they thought we were lying or something??