11 states vote on gay marriage - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:09 AM
I apoligize if any of you thought my last post sounded like "venting," but I still think I have a point.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:08 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
can someone please, please, please tell me what the "gay lifestyle" is? because the people who know the most about it don't seem to be gay.
The practice where two members of the same gender are in a love connection rather than a friendship. When a man seeks another man for a romantic partner, same goes for women. This does not have anything to do with the drag queens, although a few have gone that route.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #273
War Child

Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I still think I have a point.
Of course you do. But everyone else does to, so you do unserstand that this doesn't make your point any better or worse than anyone elses.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Renne

Of course you do. But everyone else does to, so you do unserstand that this doesn't make your point any better or worse than anyone elses.
Of course not. I was basically apologizing if my post came off as venting or arrogant.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #275
The Fly

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
can someone please, please, please tell me what the "gay lifestyle" is? because the people who know the most about it don't seem to be gay.
Why would someone who is openly Gay -- at least on the non-divulging internet -- ask: what is the Gay lifetstyle? There are endless variations. Just look in the mirror!

See some pix from the NYC Gay Pride Parade:
www.STONEWALLvets.org/parade/SW-35.htm
Old 11-18-2004, 06:11 AM   #276
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
The practice where two members of the same gender are in a love connection rather than a friendship. When a man seeks another man for a romantic partner, same goes for women.
So you don't agree with people being in love? I guess you also believe that homosexuals CHOSE to be attracted to their own sex. That for some reason they chose the route to be ostercised and hated.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:00 AM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall

Why would someone who is openly Gay -- at least on the non-divulging internet -- ask: what is the Gay lifetstyle? There are endless variations. Just look in the mirror!

See some pix from the NYC Gay Pride Parade:
www.STONEWALLvets.org/parade/SW-35.htm

i'm with you -- it was a bit of a rhetorical thing. i hear that phrase all the time, "gay lifestyle," and i'm curious to know what the details of that. it's not a term i'd ever use, and i don't consider my lifestyle -- pretty much work, talking to friends at bars, reading books -- to be particularly "gay." it's just me.

the point, of course, is to show that there is no "lifestyle," just people man, just people.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:02 AM   #278
Blue Crack Supplier

and btw, i am "open" in the non-internet world, too.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:05 AM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:09 AM
Re: Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:

i don't consider my lifestyle -- pretty much work, talking to friends at bars, reading books -- to be particularly "gay." it's just me.
Oh, that wild gay lifestyle....
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #280
War Child

Local Time: 12:09 PM
I'm very curious about what some people here would do if one of their children turned out to be gay... Just a question...
Old 11-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #281
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Oh, that wild gay lifestyle....

well, i do occasionally get drunk. and sometimes i dance, but i don't believe dancin's a crime ("Footloose" taught us that). i've also been known to go on dates with other men. we go to dinner and talk and sometimes to a movie ... ker-azzzzyyy stuff.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 AM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch Partygirl
I'm very curious about what some people here would do if one of their children turned out to be gay... Just a question...
I would try my hardest to love them the same, even if I would rather have the dream of a traditional, procreational marriage. I would still respect differences with their partners, but I would feel similar to how I feel in this forum, that I can't express why I disagree with homosexuality without getting a bad rap for having a different view.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
So you don't agree with people being in love? I guess you also believe that homosexuals CHOSE to be attracted to their own sex. That for some reason they chose the route to be ostercised and hated.
Hated? No. I believe in something called unconditional love, but I also believe in unconditional truth. I must question this: If people are in fact born gay, why didn't we know about it 50 years ago, and why are there more gays now than ever before? Not a hate statement, just a logical argument.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
but I would feel similar to how I feel in this forum, that I can't express why I disagree with homosexuality without getting a bad rap for having a different view.
I just don't understand how it can be something one 'disagrees' with. Can you imagine someone saying to you that they disagree with your being heterosexual?? It's like saying, I disagree with cats being cats. Or I disagree with trees being trees. Homosexuality is not something one does, it is something one is.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:

well, i do occasionally get drunk. and sometimes i dance, but i don't believe dancin's a crime ("Footloose" taught us that). i've also been known to go on dates with other men. we go to dinner and talk and sometimes to a movie ... ker-azzzzyyy stuff.
Sounds frighteningly similar to my ker-azzzzyyy straight girl life.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM   #285
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
I must question this: If people are in fact born gay, why didn't we know about it 50 years ago, and why are there more gays now than ever before? Not a hate statement, just a logical argument.
Where did you get this fact from? There have always been gay people, just not as visible as they are today.