11 states vote on gay marriage - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 07:09 AM
I apoligize if any of you thought my last post sounded like "venting," but I still think I have a point.
__________________

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 11-17-2004, 10:08 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
can someone please, please, please tell me what the "gay lifestyle" is? because the people who know the most about it don't seem to be gay.
The practice where two members of the same gender are in a love connection rather than a friendship. When a man seeks another man for a romantic partner, same goes for women. This does not have anything to do with the drag queens, although a few have gone that route.
__________________

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 11-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #273
War Child
 
Renne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ballarat, Australia
Posts: 813
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I still think I have a point.
Of course you do. But everyone else does to, so you do unserstand that this doesn't make your point any better or worse than anyone elses.
__________________
Renne is offline  
Old 11-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Renne


Of course you do. But everyone else does to, so you do unserstand that this doesn't make your point any better or worse than anyone elses.
Of course not. I was basically apologizing if my post came off as venting or arrogant.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #275
The Fly
 
Stonewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Manhattan, N.Y.
Posts: 152
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
can someone please, please, please tell me what the "gay lifestyle" is? because the people who know the most about it don't seem to be gay.
Why would someone who is openly Gay -- at least on the non-divulging internet -- ask: what is the Gay lifetstyle? There are endless variations. Just look in the mirror!


See some pix from the NYC Gay Pride Parade:
www.STONEWALLvets.org/parade/SW-35.htm
__________________
Stonewall is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 06:11 AM   #276
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
The practice where two members of the same gender are in a love connection rather than a friendship. When a man seeks another man for a romantic partner, same goes for women.
So you don't agree with people being in love? I guess you also believe that homosexuals CHOSE to be attracted to their own sex. That for some reason they chose the route to be ostercised and hated.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-18-2004, 07:00 AM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall

Why would someone who is openly Gay -- at least on the non-divulging internet -- ask: what is the Gay lifetstyle? There are endless variations. Just look in the mirror!


See some pix from the NYC Gay Pride Parade:
www.STONEWALLvets.org/parade/SW-35.htm

i'm with you -- it was a bit of a rhetorical thing. i hear that phrase all the time, "gay lifestyle," and i'm curious to know what the details of that. it's not a term i'd ever use, and i don't consider my lifestyle -- pretty much work, talking to friends at bars, reading books -- to be particularly "gay." it's just me.

the point, of course, is to show that there is no "lifestyle," just people man, just people.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 07:02 AM   #278
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:09 AM
and btw, i am "open" in the non-internet world, too.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 08:05 AM   #279
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Re: Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i don't consider my lifestyle -- pretty much work, talking to friends at bars, reading books -- to be particularly "gay." it's just me.
Oh, that wild gay lifestyle....
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #280
War Child
 
Dutch Partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 996
Local Time: 12:09 PM
I'm very curious about what some people here would do if one of their children turned out to be gay... Just a question...
__________________
Dutch Partygirl is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #281
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Re: Re: Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


Oh, that wild gay lifestyle....

well, i do occasionally get drunk. and sometimes i dance, but i don't believe dancin's a crime ("Footloose" taught us that). i've also been known to go on dates with other men. we go to dinner and talk and sometimes to a movie ... ker-azzzzyyy stuff.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 AM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch Partygirl
I'm very curious about what some people here would do if one of their children turned out to be gay... Just a question...
I would try my hardest to love them the same, even if I would rather have the dream of a traditional, procreational marriage. I would still respect differences with their partners, but I would feel similar to how I feel in this forum, that I can't express why I disagree with homosexuality without getting a bad rap for having a different view.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
So you don't agree with people being in love? I guess you also believe that homosexuals CHOSE to be attracted to their own sex. That for some reason they chose the route to be ostercised and hated.
Hated? No. I believe in something called unconditional love, but I also believe in unconditional truth. I must question this: If people are in fact born gay, why didn't we know about it 50 years ago, and why are there more gays now than ever before? Not a hate statement, just a logical argument.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
but I would feel similar to how I feel in this forum, that I can't express why I disagree with homosexuality without getting a bad rap for having a different view.
I just don't understand how it can be something one 'disagrees' with. Can you imagine someone saying to you that they disagree with your being heterosexual?? It's like saying, I disagree with cats being cats. Or I disagree with trees being trees. Homosexuality is not something one does, it is something one is.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Gay lifestyle?

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511



well, i do occasionally get drunk. and sometimes i dance, but i don't believe dancin's a crime ("Footloose" taught us that). i've also been known to go on dates with other men. we go to dinner and talk and sometimes to a movie ... ker-azzzzyyy stuff.
Sounds frighteningly similar to my ker-azzzzyyy straight girl life.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM   #285
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I must question this: If people are in fact born gay, why didn't we know about it 50 years ago, and why are there more gays now than ever before? Not a hate statement, just a logical argument.
Where did you get this fact from? There have always been gay people, just not as visible as they are today.
__________________

__________________
BAW is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com