10 years in prison for oral sex - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Okay so the judge and the jury "had to convict." Did the prosecution "have" to press charges? I can't help thinking that SOMEbody wanted this to happen.

I'm still waiting for some concrete confirmation as to whether the race of those involved, but one thing is for certain. If indeed the girl was white, you can be damn sure that race had everything to do with how this whole thing came down.

And this is in Georgia? Come on, now. . .

Old 12-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

In Georgia, up until 1998 having oral sex with your SPOUSE, was considered a crime that was punishable up to 20 years in prison. There are some crazy laws out there.

Indeed.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Sad...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:07 AM
I feel sorry for the both of them. Now the guy is going to be treated like an outcast in society for such a little thing
Old 12-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
Irvine511: wtf are you talking about? do you have any thoughts beyond "amerika sux" and "bush ist anit-christ"? or is the scope of your political worldview limited to ultra-easy targets and simplistic, convenient condemnations? but keep drinking those coca-colas and wearing those nikes and listening to Fergie.
you Euros love that shit. :sheesh:
hahahaha thats good. but seriously whats wrong with your nation?! many people worldwide still asking this question... imo your US society is a society based on hypocrisy. too many of religious zealots have too much power... and re-electing that stupid texas cowboy bush and his criminals for a 2nd period is on the same low level like our forefathers have done in germany electing the nazi party, bringin' on the bastard hitler and making the holocaust possible. your president george w. bush is the no.1 hypocrite of all. and you know it. he is a damned liar and he is a big disgrace, not only for the US but for the whole world.

ps: i don't like coca-cola or pepsi, i don't wear nike and who the f*** is fergie?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 06:07 AM
^The law has nothing to do with George W. Bush, or his administration. If anything, people should be criticizing why on earth these stupid laws still exist!

That is sad though... much like the Rockefeller Drug Laws.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Seems like it would be pretty easy to modify these laws to require an age difference of a few years.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

All the more ironic, considering he says he's from Bavaria, which is probably the most conservative state in Germany.
Please leave out the Germany, it's a shame.
Bavaria is so conservative, it even conserves better than formaldehyde.

I want to dissociate myself from Jacobus, sincerely.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

All the more ironic, considering he says he's from Bavaria, which is probably the most conservative state in Germany.
But the bier is sooooo good.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by jacobus

hahahaha thats good. but seriously whats wrong with your nation?! many people worldwide still asking this question... imo your US society is a society based on hypocrisy. too many of religious zealots have too much power... and re-electing that stupid texas cowboy bush and his criminals for a 2nd period is on the same low level like our forefathers have done in germany electing the nazi party, bringin' on the bastard hitler and making the holocaust possible. your president george w. bush is the no.1 hypocrite of all. and you know it. he is a damned liar and he is a big disgrace, not only for the US but for the whole world.

ps: i don't like coca-cola or pepsi, i don't wear nike and who the f*** is fergie?

um, i strongly dislike George Bush. if you've ever read my posts, you'd know that. i think he's a fool, a liar, and a disgrace, but i also know that reality is far, far more complicated than you'd like it to be.

you also know very, very little about US society as your comments indicate. you've got a series of shallow statements that you've' blown up to be inconvertable truths and what that does is just make you look ignorant.

i'd never compare George Bush with Nazi Germany, nor would i ever hold you accountable for Nazi Germany. i find that offensive. i've spent plenty of time in Germany since 1990 and i know that German politcs and the German people are complex and sophistocated and i'd never presume to walk in and lecture people on their system of government, their leaders, the will of the German people, etc.

please remember that George Bush has won two elections by some of the smallest margins in history, especially for a 2nd term president. his approval ratings have been around 36% since 2004 and his party was booted from power in the 2006 elections.

the US is a very, very complicated place. 300m people live here. please don't stereotype us and try to look more closely at the reasons why the US does certain things as opposed to taking a single action and then adapting it to fit whatever stereotype you've decided to utilize.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Sodomy has been illegal in a lot of states. Georgia was just one of them. Use your imagination, but it's not just oral sex. Basically it's anything other than "normal" sexual intercourse that is regarded as taboo. The is the US btw, so it's not really surprising. Some folks still wish it were 1955.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jacobus

Um.....GWB didn't write the Georgia rape statues, nor does he have any power in enforcing them. WTF are you even talking about? Obviously you have zero knowledge of criminal law and the court system in the US. If you want to compare GWB to the Nazi party, start your own thread. By all means, leave and start your own thread...
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I remember last year when a Judge in VT (I think) let a multiple offense Sex Offender off with just parole when he molested a young child repeatedly, admittedly he did this and got off.

And this young man gets 10 years for consensual sex? - you got to admit the US Judicial System works GREAT!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:07 AM
What can be done in these cases according to american law? Can he appeal to a Federal Court?

I can´t imagine on what grounds though... ? Surely, SOMETHING could be done...??
Old 12-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Sodomy has been illegal in a lot of states. Georgia was just one of them. Use your imagination, but it's not just oral sex. Basically it's anything other than "normal" sexual intercourse that is regarded as taboo. The is the US btw, so it's not really surprising. Some folks still wish it were 1955.

this is very true, though since Lawrence v Texas in 2003 all sodomy laws are now considered unconstitutional.

and if we are to go by biblical definitions of sodomy, it really does mean sex that has a purpose other than procreation.

so if you've had oral sex ... SODOMITE!
so if you've used birth control ... SODOMITE!
so if you've had lesbian sex ... SODOMITE!

pretty much all of us are sodomites!