10 Million Female babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is horrific, but the article doesn't explain WHY. I guess the interesting thing is that it is the EDUCATED women who are aborting their daughters. One would assume that these women and their husbands are more likely to pay dowries for their daughters than the poor, who can't afford to check their unborn child's sex and abort because of it . . .

What the hell are you talking about. I was refering to the article, saying how they preference in keeping the male babies instead of the females.

I wish they would not pick the specific gender to keep. Either abort both male and female or dont abort at all. I am 99.9% against abortion.

So then what do you mean by this:
I wish there was some test out there that way parents could find out during the egg stage or something. Hopefully scietist will devolpe something.

How would this change anything?

That way instead of killing a forming child (feet, hands, head,fingers toes) they can tell by the egg.

Justin24 said:
That way instead of killing a forming child (feet, hands, head,fingers toes) they can tell by the egg.

Are you aware of the fact that the sperm determines the gender?

The egg can only carry the X chromosome. The sperm, which carries the X and the Y determines whether you will have a boy or a girl.

by the time they abort, it has already formed the features of a child. Where an egg has no features yet. I know you will probably say oh the egg is still life. Ok if it's life then why use a condom that will prevent your seed from living, where it can be killed in plastic.

Right now we cant tell if the sperm will be male or female, but in the FFFFFFFFFFutre if they could, then it could lessen abortion. Yes I took sex ed.

I think I see where you are coming from. While you aren't supporting abortion based on gender, you are suggesting that if they are going to do it, it would be better if they could make the decision as early as possible.

Thank You Otokonoko, Finally someone who see where I am coming from. I mean if there advanced in stemcell research and other medical programs and procedures, why cant they do this, or would that put people working in planned parenthood out of business?

Justin24 said:
Seeya. Have a nice day. Wikipida not giving you more info.

Geesh

Ok I'm assuming you meant Wikipedia, and no I can't use it because the logic is missing here. There's nothing to look up.

How is there anyway to determine sex without fertilization of the egg? And if so, even if there was, how does this help anything? Do we allow the control of what gender gets born?

This was the point of my question, I think gender control is a very dangerous avenue. It seems to me like you have no problem with gender control as long as abortion isn't involved.

Justin24 said:
Right now we cant tell if the sperm will be male or female, but in the FFFFFFFFFFutre if they could, then it could lessen abortion. Yes I took sex ed.

I don't want to be rude, but seriously.

It depends on which sperm inseminates the egg. How do you think it will be possible to predict that among the trillions? It's absurd.

Yet it was obsured to clone, yet we did. No your not being rude. Sorry to Bonovox. For my statement. But you know how people get, when it has to deal with issuse like this and other subjects.

I do have a problem with gender controll. I was just saying it would be 10 million less if there were something out there like this. Gender control. cloning all of that is dangerous.

if they had created something that can choose the gender then the abortion ongoings in planned parenthood would not exist and those people would be out of jobs.

Justin24 said:
I do have a problem with gender controll. I was just saying it would be 10 million less if there were something out there like this. Gender control. cloning all of that is dangerous.

Cloning is dangerous, but gender control is perfectly fine?!?!? At least with cloning you could create the appropriate ratio of males:females.

Justin24 said:
if they had created something that can choose the gender then the abortion ongoings in planned parenthood would not exist and those people would be out of jobs.

Uh, how many people do you know that got an abortion through Planned Parenthood because they didn't like the sex of their baby? Now you're justifying gender control b/c it gives people jobs?!?!

I'm sooooo lost :huh:

Justin24 said:

Well people have been trying for decades to predetermine sex, be it by methods, procedures, drugs etc.

And to be honest, I'm not sure how many planned parenthood employees there are in India...

People who have abortion abort regardless of the sex of the child. "If scientist" were able to help the parents choose the sex, then abortion would not exist hence the doctors who performed abortions would have to seek another job. Yes this may sound wacky, but I am just giving an opionion.

Justin24 said:
People who have abortion abort regardless of the sex of the child. "If scientist" were able to help the parents choose the sex, then abortion would not exist

:huh:

You're just contradicting yourself...

Back
Top Bottom