"1 Shot 1 Kill No Remorse I Decide."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
School Halts Adopt a Sniper Fund-Raiser

Feb 4, 2:26 PM (ET)

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A U.S. university in Wisconsin has blocked an attempt by Republican students to raise money for a group called "Adopt a Sniper" that raises money for U.S. sharp-shooters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The students were selling bracelets bearing the motto "1 Shot 1 Kill No Remorse I Decide."

"Clearly the rhetoric of that organization raised some questions and we had some strong objections as a Jesuit university," Marquette University school spokeswoman Brigid O'Brien said on Thursday.

The students, representing a group called College Republicans, originally got permission to set up a table at the student union to raise money for U.S. troops in Iraq.

But they chose to promote a group called Adopt a Sniper, which says on its Web site it supports snipers deployed by the United States armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. The group says it "helps real snipers get the real gear they need to help keep us safe."

The brainchild of a Texas police SWAT officer Adopt a Sniper (www.adoptasniper.org) has raised thousands of dollars in cash and gear to supplement the kit of sharp shooters in U.S. combat platoons.

Among products sold on the site is a $15 coin with the imprinted phrase "Assistance From A Distance."
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050204/2005-02-04T192607Z_01_N03665445_RTRIDST_0_ODD-LIFE-SNIPER-DC.html

I think that this is a very worthy program and I do not see anything wrong in supporting those brave men with the equipment that they need but the millitary cannot provide.

well,

go to the site and donate

they will give you a token
adoptasnipercoins2.jpg

or tags

dogtagppic.jpg
"Clearly the rhetoric of that organization raised some questions and we had some strong objections as a Jesuit university," Marquette University school spokeswoman Brigid O'Brien said on Thursday.

i guess i can uderstand the Jesuit university's objections.

"...no remorse I decide." I think that's in the college Republicans favorite political book right next to "love thy enemy."

Anyone see the History Channel lately? They had a pretty sweet series on snipers. Good stuff.

If I had been regular army instead of reserves.....I would have been able to apply for sniper school.

I think the people behind "Adopt a Sniper" are well-intentioned, so I reserve judgment on their rhetoric, which I see as less than eloquent.

But I can also understand the Jesuit university's objections.

Melon

I see no problem with the fundraiser in itself, but the slogan? Based on that, I can definitely understand the objection. They need to find a more appropriate phrase.

Back
Top Bottom