You can officialy have your AOL suspended for calling someone a douche

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AOL suspended my son's screen name after they claimed he was on their list of habitual spammers.

He was 9 years old and wasn't even allowed to use email :der: :mad:

BWAAAAHAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :heart:

I was kicked out of an MSN chatroom once because of foul language...and it wasn't even that foul! :reject:

baw, what year was this? someone may have guessed his password or something.

you just reminded me that i got my first computer at the age of nine, but i didn't have the internet until i was 14! i think it was one of my birthday presents, in fact. 56k...those were the days :mad:

KhanadaRhodes said:
baw, what year was this? someone may have guessed his password or something.

you just reminded me that i got my first computer at the age of nine, but i didn't have the internet until i was 14! i think it was one of my birthday presents, in fact. 56k...those were the days :mad:

He's 17 now so it was 1997 or so...I don't remember what the outcome was but they removed the suspension as soon as I called customer service.

My kids didn't have their own computers until they were in their mid to late teens...they always had to use mine and I had all the parental restrictions on their AOL accounts so it was pretty boring for them :mac:

hehe...the old 56k dial up connection days :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:
My kids didn't have their own computers until they were in their mid to late teens...they always had to use mine and I had all the parental restrictions on their AOL accounts so it was pretty boring for them :mac:
see, now this is why it pays to be a goody two shoes. i didn't have any restrictions. my parents didn't think anything was wrong when i'd be locked in my room for hours upon end chatting online. i didn't have a curfew or anything. then again, i hardly had any friends so it's not like i was out until 3 am every weekend. :geek:

btw martha i get free high speed internet at my apartment. :D

martha said:
:mad:

HEY!

Some of us still have 56k dial up you know.

Douches.
:mad:

I feel your pain :angry:

I didn't have a computer or the internet until i was almost 17 :slant:....and i'm still using the same one. I am getting a computer for graduation from my parents though :D!

Last edited:
ILuvLarryMullen said:
I didn't have a computer or the internet until i was almost 17 :slant:....and i'm still using the same one. I am getting a computer for graduation from my parents though :D!
:ohmy: this is the fourth computer i've had since i was 14. i had two others before that but they were so old and slow. i can't remember how fast the first one was but the second computer i had was a 286. :yikes:

i got cable internet when i was 15. i'm not spoiled, my parents knew it was the only way they'd get their phone line back! now i get it for free...did i mention it was free? :wink:

Hmm...

1) I had an i386 when I was 12. I didn't get Windows 3.1 until six months later, and I became proficient at DOS...lol.

2) I had an i486 when I was 13.

3) I had a Pentium II when I was 18. This was also when I got internet for the first time: a 10 MB ethernet connection at college.

4) I had 1.3 GHz Athlon when I was 21.

5) I now have a 2.4 GHz Athlon, which I got when I was 22.

I'm waiting now until I can get a dual-processor workstation, tentatively scheduled for 2006. :sexywink:

Melon

oh believe me, my parents miss their phone line very much :laugh: :mac:

I'm using the ethernet in the school's library for non-research purposes right now :shh:

i use the regular aol like once a month... mostly i just use instant messanger... i go in one new york knicks chat room and call someone a douche, and all hell breaks loose.

i go to work and attempt to sign on to my name on AIM and i get a message saying my name is blocked from signing on due to a terms of service violation.

i went an entire work day with no AIM :sad:

Back
Top Bottom