What is easier: demolish or build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think is easier?

• Demolish

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Build

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
it's a shithole of a house, to put it bluntly. it's probably only about 30 years old, but it has major structural damage judging by the cracks wide enough to slip your fingers in on the walls, it's not slab built, it's one of those single veneer red brick jobs (common in the 70s era in aus).

maybe the effort to reconstruct and rebuild would be worth it. i'm not really sure. we're still in the preliminary stages here. ie, tossing around ideas before we even get an inspection done, lol. just some basic internet research has given me a major headache, though. i knew demolition was tricky, but this seems almost not worth it.
:slant:

A good friend of mine did the whole knock down,re-build thing! Her new house is beautiful....it took a little under 2 years.....jude,her hubby and 2 kids had to move back in with her mum....I think that was the worst part for her......and having to deal with tradies not turning up on time and delivering wrong stuff,it always got sorted out in the end, but i knew it was huge headache for her.....she does not regret it though,she and her family loves their new home!!!

My choice is not there!

R-E-N-O-V-A--T-E:hyper:

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
i'm not really sure. we're still in the preliminary stages here. ie, tossing around ideas before we even get an inspection done, lol.

I'd suggest tossing around some bricks. :wink:

I voted for demolition because tearing down shit is always easier.

Just turn on your gas stove, light a candle and walk away...

Problem solved. :up:

Or rent one of those cranes with the wrecking ball :drool: The things I would do with one of those... :drool:

I like the wrecking ball idea. I'll drive it!

When I was a kid my parents had an addition done, and the work was a combination of demolition and building. We never had to move out of the house, but large sections of the house (ie, the back) were missing at times. Can you have it done peicemeal like that? So, if they rebuild the back rooms first, you can move your stuff into those roooms upon completion, then they can move to the front.

Wrecking Ball :drool:

Emmylou Harris :drool:

I just had another thought, how pathetic is your current situation?

Maybe you could go on that Extreme Home Makeover show with that annoying guy who always yells in the megaphone and all those crying people... :hmm:

wrecking_ball.jpg

:happy:

If you demolish a house, you still have to build something new there, so it's twice as much work! I can't bare the thought of spending two years on it. :crack:

You'll be pleased to know I don't require the services of Interference to help demolish a house already in the beginnings of aforementioned (good point, Diemen!) self-demolition.

You know the saying regarding living in a trailer down by the river? We have a river with bazillion dollar houses along its shore, right. And up one end, is a caravan park. With 'less affluent' folk. I don't get it. They have prime real estate and we mock them.

I think I want to live in a mobile home.
:drool:

Back
Top Bottom