Sicy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I think you need to merge all the threads that ask about the numbering system...everyone keeps making new threads asking about it

:banghead:

And this is not official at all. Not even in the slightest bit.

_____
:reject: you are so fired

is anything in IO really official?

Sicy said:
And this is not official at all. Not even in the slightest bit.

_____
:reject: you are so fired

"anything goes here" :tongue: :sexywink:

:eeklaugh:

I think I need to merge your face

_____
:yell: anything goes only if it follows the rules of its official not necessarily following any official rules but the unofficial rules of its official.

dont be so sensitive abelelelabell

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm hungry.

Got some salt?

____
:hyper: ow ow ow ow ow

moi sensitive?

*passes Sicy the
shaker.gif

SALT
Did You Know That........................?
The sea contains an estimated 40 million, billion tonnes of salt;
If the world's oceans evaporated, enough salt would be crystallised to cover Britain to a depth of 50 miles;
Grass scattered with rock salt is more appetising for beef cattle. They eat more and gain weight; Rock salt is used to fertilise soil with sodium, which makes sugar beet yield more sugar;
Salt is used to removed traces of water from aviation fuel after it is purified;
Being hygroscopic, salt spread on dusty floors in equestrian centres and indoor arenas retains moisture and keeps down dust;
Until relatively recently, salt bars were the standard currency of Ethiopia and cakes of salt, stamped to show their value, could be used as money in countries as far apart as Tibet and Borneo;
In ancient Greece, slaves were traded for salt- hence the expression 'not worth his salt';
In his painting 'The Last Supper', Leonardo da Vinci put an overturned salt cellar in front of the ill-fated Judas;

Total annual world-wide salt production is equivalent to the amount contained in two cubic miles of sea water. Now, that's a lot of water!

Contrary Salt!
It comes from water, but it makes you thirsty
It corrodes metal, but preserves your food
It is hard, yet softens water
It?s a mineral, and yet you eat it!

Superstitions
Salt has been thought of as a powerful magical substance.
Spilling salt was an unlucky omen. Even today, some people throw salt over their left shoulder (into the eyes of the devil) after spilling some, to cancel the ?bad luck?.
It was also thought to be unlucky to help anyone to salt. An old phrase says "Help me to salt, help me to sorrow'.

Superstitious sailors would not mention salt whilst at sea, and would never throw it overboard.
In old Japanese theatres, salt was sprinkled on to the stage before each performance to prevent evil spirits from casting a spell on the actors and ruining the play.
On a happier note, it is customary in some countries to greet newlyweds with gifts of salt and bread, instead of throwing confetti.
In Arab countries salt was used to seal a bargain, and also as a sign of friendship, If you ate another man's salt, you could not harm him in any way whilst in his home, and he would not harm you.
The Druids used salt in their rituals at Stonehenge. It is thought that this was as a symbol of the life-giving fruits of the earth.

http://www.saltinfo.com/salt surprises.htm

Last edited:
Oh Abel...Do you knit or anything?

I'm just kidding too...:kiss:
You never know what you will find when you open an ABEL thread. I love it!

Angela Harlem said:
Oh Abel...Do you knit or anything?

I'm just kidding too...:kiss:
You never know what you will find when you open an ABEL thread. I love it!

:tongue: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom