people are officialy stupid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache, you're not alone in your stalking by stupid people. I regularly answer the phone here "Good morning/afternoon, Nationwide Insurance, Ron Phelps' office" - I get at least 3 callers a day who immediately ask "Is this Ron Phelps' office?" No, you feckin' moron, this is Joe Schmoe's office - I just say Ron Phelps for shits & giggles!!! :madspit:

Sad thing is, I'm not the receptionist, which means I'm not answering the bulk of the calls.... I'd be willing to guess that out of 100 calls in a day at least 10 people do the same thing. :huh:

I like when I say thank you for calling sears when i answer the phone and then they ask if this is sears :|, not to mention to the fact that they had to listen to a recording before they could even get to me :| :|. My store was also open on easter but the mall was closed, so we had the doors to the mall closed and there's no one walking around in there but I still had a ton of people ask me if the mall was open.

Last edited:
One of my jobs is as a receptionist for a construction equipment company. This one guy called for our parts department, and he said, all frantic, "Katherine...I need your parts!"

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...:sexywink:

You'd think if you called a Pizza restaurant, they would answer with the name of the business...my former phone number was one number off the local pizzeria...I swear...I took 10 calls a month,,,,I started taking orders and quoting prices...

oh, I also accepted the competitors coupons!!!

Idiots!!! :crazy:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i answer the phone in my office... the guy on the other side says "Hi are you open today?"

no... i'm not open. i'm sitting in a remote location in the fucking woods you douche.

if we weren't open, how the hell would i be here answering the phone?

jerk ass

what i do when i want to know if somewhere is open is ask what time they are open to or hang up when someone answers

:heart: Marty :heart:

im not stupid lol!

yeah i get ppl coming up to me when im in my sainsbury's uniform and there like do u work in sainsbury's

im like noooo shit the bright ornage name tags and fruity shirt kinda gives it away

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i answer the phone in my office... the guy on the other side says "Hi are you open today?"

no... i'm not open. i'm sitting in a remote location in the fucking woods you douche.

if we weren't open, how the hell would i be here answering the phone?

jerk ass

Yeah... very true.

I worked at a petrol station a few years ago, and guess who got stuck with the Christmas morning shift, working 6am until 1pm? Correct. :angry::madspit:

Some idiot phoned and said "I've seen the forecourt lights on - are you open?"

I couldn't resist it. I told him that no, we weren't open, and that I was a burglar who had just put the brightest lights in the town centre on to highlight my criminal activities.

Scarily - 8 years later, I'm a Store Manager (although not with the same company). :huh:

:lol: kate1, thats funni, every1 used to do that to me in work 2 and ask did i work in tesco (i did)

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
One of my jobs is as a receptionist for a construction equipment company. This one guy called for our parts department, and he said, all frantic, "Katherine...I need your parts!"

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...:sexywink:

:lmao: I misread that, initially, as PANTS department, which made it all so much words.

No, I was laughing at Lu and Marie but you posted just before me and it looked like I was laughing at you. That's longwinded. :D I did like your story though, I read it after I edited. :)

sallycinnamon78 said:
no, we weren't open, and that I was a burglar who had just put the brightest lights in the town centre on to highlight my criminal activities.
emotcawg8yv.gif

Lara Mullen said:
:lol: kate1, thats funni, every1 used to do that to me in work 2 and ask did i work in tesco (i did)

it pecks me head!!! grrr! stupid things they come out with

Back
Top Bottom