people are officialy stupid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i answer the phone in my office... the guy on the other side says "Hi are you open today?"

no... i'm not open. i'm sitting in a remote location in the fucking woods you douche.

if we weren't open, how the hell would i be here answering the phone?

jerk ass

I just opened the thread and read this and have decided this is my all time favorite thread. :applaud:

Mullen4Prez said:
Stupid people are the ones that serve you fries so be nice.

Hey, don't knock the service industry--some people work hard at it and there are extenuating circumstances to every individual's work choices. Don't assume every fast food/service employee lacks intelligence... Someone has to pump your gas, serve you fries, flip your burgers!

Although, I can relate to the aforementioned stories just keep one thing in mind...no matter who you are everyone has been thought of as in an idiot at some point in their lives....

4EVRU2 said:

Hey, don't knock the service industry--some people work hard at it and there are extenuating circumstances to every individual's work choices. Don't assume every fast food/service employee lacks intelligence... Someone has to pump your gas, serve you fries, flip your burgers!

That's very true indeed. When I was studying for my A-levels, I worked at McDonalds. :barf: 3 long years I stuck it out. At first it was just for spending money, but I ended up moving out of home, so I had to work to pay the rent. Most of the Macs workers were college and university students. In fact, out of a team of 88 (it was a huge busy store in Bath), there were only 9 fulltime staff members.

Last edited:
i answer the phone in my office... the guy on the other side says "Hi are you open today?"

no... i'm not open. i'm sitting in a remote location in the fucking woods you douche.

if we weren't open, how the hell would i be here answering the phone?

jerk ass

Mind you, having said all this... I've just remembered an incident from many years ago. I was wandering around town, it must have been about 3pm on a weekday so of course all the shops were open. Having spent ages browsing various stores, I wandered into Pilot.

The shop doors were wide open. The 'open' sign was displayed. There were staff standing around, looking as though they were bored and wanted customers... so I went in.

One turned around and said to me, "sorry, we're not open". WTF???

I felt like a complete idiot at the time and was really embarrassed. So in a way I can understand why people might eb unsure.

The person who rang on Christmas Day was a fool though, regardless! :wink:

i cant stand it when people on my checkout ask if i want the 52 or the 2 or summot like that! i feel like saying not really cos i have to type in the amount then instead of pressing one button!

why would i want it anyways lol?:huh:

you know if i want the 52p to round up their change to a whole note or nearest pound? doesnt matter if ur not from britain then you wount understand lol

i've decided that there is nothing worse than a stupid snotty person. they give ya a hard time on the phone, but you don't even know why because they're too friggin stupid to explain their problem clearly.

I get that all the time :angry: :angry: :angry:

I work in a restaurant and my favorite stupid customer will call and ask what time we close, "1130" mind you its 2 o'clock in the afternoon, "you close at 1130 am?" NO you idiot, why the hell would a restaurant close before lunch!

bammo2 said:
I always really liked it when people gave me, as you put it kate, the 52 or the 2. It makes my life easier with the change and the customer ends up with less shrapnel in their purse
i liked this too. made it easier to fish out just bills instead of coins too. what i hated though was when they held up the line to look for these mythical pennies in the bottom of their purse. just give me the fucking twenty, i could've made the change already!

i worked in drive through at a fast food place for four years. i remember the lunch rushes, they were awful. luckily though, the most common meal came out to $4.75 after tax (until they raised the sales tax and it became $4.76), so if i saw that's what they'd ordered, i'd be sitting there with a quarter in my hand and the drawer open in case they gave me more than $5. it helped move things along a lot faster. i hated when the prices jumped up by a fucking penny. it wasn't as easy to get out 24 cents. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom