Officially heard at Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband knew a guy named Dan Black, which isn't a bad name, but the first time I heard him refer to Dan, he said "that Dan Black guy" really fast. I misheard and was all shocked :ohmy: and "WHA'? WHO?"
After I got that the NAME was DAN Black we had a little chuckle and then he continued to refer to Dan as "that Dan Black guy" just to get me riled. Sorry Dan Black.

:D

When I was in elementary school we had a substitute teacher was from England.

He always us addressed us as Miss or Master.

One year I had a boy in my class and his last name was Bates

Everytime he said 'Master Bates' we all laughed and everytime the teacher said 'it's not funny...it's his name'

I worked in a restaurant in the 80's. This was a Czech/Polish restaurant and one of the managers/hostesses was Czech. As a joke, we called the restaurant phone from an inside pay phone (remember, this was the 80's - so a pay phone in a restaurant was seen as a very good thing as cell phones were novel) and asked for "Mike Hunt". As she was Czech, she didn't get it either. She went from table to table asking if "Mike Hunt" was there! :lmao:

fah said:
I'm wandering aimlessly down an aisle when I hear....

'Mike Hunt....can you please call layaway....Mike Hunt if you are still in the store please call layaway'

:laugh:

You could hear people (including myself) laughing all over the store.

OK...the light bulb finally turned on...it took days to to it, but it finally happened....:der:

:laugh:

Don't forget Mike Sweeney, 1st baseman for the Kansas City Royals.

It's always fun to yell, while he's batting, "Mike Sssssssssssssss . . . weeney!"

One of the players on the basketball team here last name Morehead---a friend said he loves to go to the game and shout out More Head--More Head! Love's it.

fah said:

Everytime he said 'Master Bates' we all laughed and everytime the teacher said 'it's not funny...it's his name'

i thought it was something from a movie i didnt see, and then it just now occured to me why this is funny.

There is a software tester where I work with this name. One day one of the managers came by my desk and asked if MikeHunt was working on our project I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. He asked me what was so funny and I could't tell him.

Back
Top Bottom