my summary of america

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
the mid-west = too hot

the music festival was great and all, camping out in a tent surrounded by 20,000 people...but there were times the heat and humidity made me want to die
humans are not meant to live in such climates

I would wake up in the morning and my clothes would be damp.

the nights brought little peace and comfort as they were very stuffy as well

fun times though

----------------------

in all the states I was in (michigan, illinois, indiana, ohio, new york, and maine) new york was by far the most scenic I really enjoyed that drive. Everything else was CORN CORN CORN
fields

-----------------------

we stayed in Jamestown, New York for a night. Got drunk there. Nice town

-----------------------

Portland, Maine = awesome city. Feels almost like home. I would go back there tomorrow. We drank a little and my friend hit on
the bartender.

-------------------------

Rest Areas = GOOD IDEA!

-----

nicely contoured toilet seats in america

---------------------------

We arrived in Cleveland 5:30 for the rock and roll HOF....that is when it closed. ....We almost cried...just looking in the windows at the huge U2 exhibit.
So we just hung out in Tower City there
I got my last needed Elliott Smith CD there

------------------------

Lots of road kill in America....what did skunks and oposseums ever do to hurt you?

----------------------------

I love the smaller towns in the USA. They have a very unique charm....those are the moments when I most felt like I was in the America of the movies. Many times I urged my friends to get out of the car and jump on a train illegally to see what zaney adventures we could have

------------------------------

worse thing about the US////ROAD CONSTRUCTION!!!!
it's everywhere!!

so many delays, so little time

met up with tiffany and shannon in chicago! I think they have pictures of me making a fool of myself!! :drool:

good times

though when I saw my island on the way back on the ferry - a tear seriously came to my eye!! I love my island, there's no place like HOME!!!! cool breezes and nights rock

peace

have fun in poland, bear. watch out, I hear they're cannibalistic

Basstrap said:
the mid-west = too hot

the music festival was great and all, camping out in a tent surrounded by 20,000 people...but there were times the heat and humidity made me want to die
humans are not meant to live in such climates

I would wake up in the morning and my clothes would be damp.

the nights brought little peace and comfort as they were very stuffy as well

fun times though

----------------------

in all the states I was in (michigan, illinois, indiana, ohio, new york, and maine) new york was by far the most scenic I really enjoyed that drive. Everything else was CORN CORN CORN
fields

-----------------------

we stayed in Jamestown, New York for a night. Got drunk there. Nice town

-----------------------

Portland, Maine = awesome city. Feels almost like home. I would go back there tomorrow. We drank a little and my friend hit on
the bartender.

-------------------------

Rest Areas = GOOD IDEA!

-----

nicely contoured toilet seats in america

---------------------------

We arrived in Cleveland 5:30 for the rock and roll HOF....that is when it closed. ....We almost cried...just looking in the windows at the huge U2 exhibit.
So we just hung out in Tower City there
I got my last needed Elliott Smith CD there

------------------------

Lots of road kill in America....what did skunks and oposseums ever do to hurt you?

I love the smaller towns in the USA. They have a very unique charm....those are the moments when I most felt like I was in the America of the movies. Many times I urged my friends to get out of the car and jump on a train illegally to see what zaney adventures we could have

------------------------------

worse thing about the US////ROAD CONSTRUCTION!!!!
it's everywhere!!

so many delays, so little time

met up with tiffany and shannon in chicago! I think they have pictures of me making a fool of myself!! :drool:

good times

though when I saw my island on the way back on the ferry - a tear seriously came to my eye!! I love my island, there's no place like HOME!!!! cool breezes and nights rock

peace

have fun in poland, bear. watch out, I hear they're cannibalistic

thanks, but dont worry, if i kill them all before they can kill me ill have nothing to fear.

you met tiffany and chanen!

post pictures. of the girls, not you.

wait a minute.. you went to a music festival in the mid-west?

was it Cornerstone 2003?!

just wondering

:hyper:

who did you see?

did you see the prayer chain reunion?!!!
they're my favorite #1 band, U2 comes second ... :hyper:

*edited to say: i tailedgated the prayer chain concerts here in L.A.... the week before July 4th, while they were having practice concerts in Hollywood clubs.

Last edited:
yes, their concert was very intense!!

after the last song every chanted and clapped hands for an half hour before they came back

Pedro the Lion was maybe my favorite. He is soooo very good, a controversial too! before he started playing he urged everyone to read the patriot act because it is wrong and should be stopped. He also said ALL politicans lie to us everyday and then launched into a new song.

He even covered Radiohead, 2+2=5...VERY VERY cool

also very good:

Dennison Witmer
the billions
Joy Electric

This is not official :angry:
Where are the pics dammit :mad:
Don't you know, it's cold in the Midwest, never hot. :grumpy:

cold in the midwest!!

how dare you say such things

I almost died
*single tear*

kirk has rather white teeth

Basstrap said:

nooooo how could we ever snap a photo of you being an ass!

not pouring beer, not 2 + 3 = 5, not tornado sirens, not tripping with aid into a fountain.

none of those scenarios.

nor sexy poses.

:kiss:

Back
Top Bottom