My office is officialy flooded... again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Perhaps some of you remember that my office got flooded... twice... over the summer. So the oh so smart "Executive Director" of the school decided to get the lowest bid for a roofing company, who came in and "patched" the roof.

...Now before we continue, may I first add that my father is a partner in one of the most succesful roofing companies on Long Island, who's clients include the Dolan's (Cablevision, Madison Square Garden), the Wang's (Computer Associates, the Islanders), Billy Joel and P.Diddy. So yea... they're pretty good. But they won't be the lowest bidder, thus, were never called, despite me telling people over and over and over again. Back to my story....

For the rest of the Summer and then into the fall, we were stuck in our flood damaged office, coughing and sneezing and having all sorts of allergy problems due to the massive amounts of mold that had developed behind the walls because of the flooding. Finally the business office worked out the repair deal with the insurance company, got someone to make the repairs, and moved us out. So now for the past month, while our regular offices were beeing renovated, we've been in a temporary office... with no heat. Been a bundle of joy, let me tell ya. Finally last friday the renovation crew finished redoing our offices. Today, as our maintnence crew went in to clean out all the crap left from the renovation... dust and crap... and when they went in... low and behold... the roof is leaking.

shoot me now.

:|

And to think I usually complain about how it's so damn warm where I work.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

...Now before we continue, may I first add that my father is a partner in one of the most succesful roofing companies on Long Island, who's clients include the Dolan's (Cablevision, Madison Square Garden), the Wang's (Computer Associates, the Islanders), Billy Joel and P.Diddy.

Headache said Wang.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'm surprised your workplace is allowed to have you guys work like that! no heat, mold, etc. :tsk:

Me too. If that building was under my safety office jurisdiction (sp?) your boss would be in trouble - major big time. Not so much on the thermals and the mold but defective roof :down:

Back
Top Bottom