Mmm... It's Officially Poutine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mmm... Free Goo

The Fly
Please post your favorite poutine pix, recipes, and stories! Thx. :happy:

poutine8.jpg

poutine1.jpg

Just a simple lil recipe I like to throw together when I have an unexpected gentleman caller. :flirt:

The Recipe

Fries: Get normal cut ones. Not large wedges. Not crinkly or battered fries. Skin is good. You must deep-fry them. Do not bake!

Cheese: Most cheese will do. Get a good cheddar or colby. It has to be orange because those other colours of cheese just won't do. Grate enough to make one good layer that will completely cover all the fries (not too thick though).

Gravy: The gravy should be beef/turkey gravy, and it has to be brown and thick. Moderate chunk is okay. It has to be hot.

Put the cheese on the fries (while the fries are still hot) and just let the heat of the fries melt the cheese. Pour the gravy onto the cheese, usually the same amount you'd put on your roast beef, and let sit until the cheese is adequately melted.

You have to eat it with a fork, unless you like to burn your fingers.

This'll teach me to purchase my poutine at unsavoury establishments. :madspit:

poutineboy.jpg

Last edited:
tgi friday's does not serve poutine. :mad:

poutine is fries with cheese and gravy. that's disgusting. i can't stand anything on fries other than a light amount of salt, ketchup, and (sometimes) cheese. they have to be a certain kind of french fry. can you imagine mcdonald's french fries with cheese? i think not.

I think my lunch is about to come out of my stomach, through my mouth and onto my desk.

i just saw the second pic...poutine with a hot dog (that's covered in onions, relish, and mustard no less)? god that would make your stomach so upset. and this is coming from someone who never gets indigestion.

the best place for poutine is quebec city. or so im told. i hate the stuff.

here on the streets of ottawa, there are more poutine wagons than hot dog stands.

Back
Top Bottom